After reading so many negative reviews on this board, I was really worried. This was our first trip to Vegas and we were celebrating our anniversary.
We had a really good time though - stayed there June 11-15. We checked in at the airport - definitely do this. There was NO line.....totally worth it and SOOOO easy. When we got to the hotel, the lines were sooooo long - glad we didn't have to deal with that! The lady upgraded us to a Go room for $25 extra a night. It was totally worth it. We had a room on the strip. It had an incredible view of Caesar's Palace and the Bellagio fountains.
Our Go room was great....just as everyone wrote - comfortable bed, big shower, cool TV in the bathroom, plasma TV and stereo system in the bedroom, and very clean. We only wish it had a fridge.
We had a few issues with our cleaning lady not replacing glasses and other items, but the staff was quick to bring the items to our room after we called the front desk.
The pool is wonderful....but it's just as everyone said, you have to get there EARLY!!!! They really do pack you in like sardines. It's a fun and huge pool though. We had fun going on the water slide. We wanted to go to the adult pool since it was less crowded, but my husband refused to pay $10 to get in.....we both thought that was so ridiculous.
It's a little annoying how the staff hounds you at the entrance to buy tickets to their shows and other things, but every hotel does that. We got used to saying 'no thanks' as soon as we walked into every hotel.
The monorail is great....it goes right to the Flamingo. It's definitely quick and not that expensive for an all day pass....much quicker than taking the DEUCE bus.
The Tropical Breeze restaurant was OK. Nothing special.....we did like the eggs benedict for breakfast and French Dip for lunch. The staff isn't the quickest there. We didn't try the buffet or Margaritaville - we ate buffets at other hotels (Bellagio, Planet Hollywood, Harrah's, and Treasure Island were all good.).
We never played in the Flamingo casino. It was definitely smaller than other hotels.
Just like everyone says, you can't beat the location. It was GREATTTTTTTTT! Since it was our first time, we were so glad we got a GO room on the strip and stayed at the Flamingo. You really can't beat the location and the pools. I also liked how you can come off the elevator and walk right out. So many hotels are huge and you have to walk forever to get out of the hotel.
We saw Cirque de Soleil at Mystere at Tresure Island which was awesome. Since my husband is in the military, we got tickets for half off which was great.
Definitely see the Mac King Comedy magic show at Harrah's hotel. All the Harrah hotels will give you free tickets (usually $27 a ticket). All you have to do is pay for one drink which is $9.41. You can't beat that - free drink and a GREAT show for under $10!
I had a good time at the Flamingo. We were there during the week and it wasn't too insane. The crowds definitely tripled by the time we were leaving Friday. Oh, the only time we dealt with the construction was Friday morning. It was really bad - so early Friday morning. I got out of bed, went down to the front desk, and complained to the manger. The manager took off the $27 fee we had to pay for Thursday night's room upgrade.
I definitely think spending money to upgrade to a GO room when you check in is worth it. I just didn't want to take the chance of a regular deluxe room since I read so many horrible reviews here.
I enjoyed our room, the pools, and the location was great. It wasn't a 'stellar' hotel with great service, but it was good for our first trip and for the price we paid.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, PointsHound, Olotels, Otel, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.