“Very good hotel, great amenities, fantastiic location.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #129 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas, USA
“Very good hotel, great amenities, fantastiic location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

For an older hotel, this is probably the best value on the strip. We stayed in a newly remodeled Go Room - 25th floor. The rooms are comparitively huge and well-appointed with coffee maker, fridge, Big screen TV, DVD plaver with surround stereo, connection for MP3 player, TV in bathroom mirror, HUGE steam shower with back massager, electric drapes, AC controls that WORK (not a given in Vegas), STELLAR cleaning service, friendly staff, pole dancers at the table games (okay, that's everywhere) huge swimming pool (although it was too crowded) nice grounds which were worth seeing, and decent choices of restaurants.

The view was very good but not spectacular, overlooking Caesar's and a (limited) view of the Bellagio fountains. I believe we got the higher room thanks to the "tip sandwich". Put a twenty into your reservation papers at check in - IT HELPS!!! If your room is on, say the tenth floor - I think the noise from the bands, street, crowds, etc... would be bad, very very bad. Even up high it's noisy but not unbearable. So if you're in the Go Tower STAY UP HIGH!

Amenities were perfect; I've been to Vegas many times and stayed at several different hotel/casinos and this is the FIRST that had mini fridge AND coffemaker. (Although their coffee is, well, .... crappy.) But, since the room has cups, sugar, etc.... bring some Starbuck's VIA packets to add and it's awesome.

Plasma TV was great, but are you there to watch television? Absolutely not. But when you need some rest, you can catch up on local news or pop in a DVD. Enjoying your trip to Vegas is all about pacing yourself whether you're gambling, drinking, golfing or sightseeing - it can all be exhausting. If you're doing it right, anyway.

In my opinion the only downsides to the room were; 1. Glass wall and sliding glass door to the bathroom. They are opaque so you can't see through them but I like pure privacy in the can. 2. That ugly vinyl headboard. (but you can't see it when you're sleeping so.....) 3. The pool was too crowded to use but they ALL are.

Honestly, the casino is not my favorite - but I think that depends on luck and we had decent luck at Bill's, Harrah's Bally's and Paris. The setup at Flamingo just seemed too fragmented for me but try them yourself. However, the drinks at Paris are definitely bigger, better and more readily available than anywhere else we went. (Yes, larger glasses = larger drinks.) and the pole dancers were more attractive at Bally's.

But back to the Flamingo; Room was cleaned perfectly every day, fresh towels and soaps (yes - a few dollar tip probably helped). Valet parking was lightning fast in or out. The shuttle to Rio was .... well too slow and definitely not worth the effort. Front desk answered and made wakeup call and everyone was completely helpful.

And, here are a couple of my personal recommendations;

1. DO rent a car. That Deuce thing is bogus. Your trip is probably only a few days - don't spend hours of riding a stinking bus stopping at every corner and way stop on the Strip! Your time is too valuable. If you plan ahead you can rent a car for less than you'll spend on bus fare, taxi, monorail.. and every casino has valet parking.

2. Do not miss the Encore Casino. It's beautiful and worth the trip. It is the nicest casino on the strip for daytime gambling anyway. Simply phenomenal.

3. Check out Karaoke night at Bill's Gampling Hall. Too damn funny for words. And a few regulars who were great.

4. Get the steak special - not on the menu - at Ellis Island. A seriously fantastic meal too cheap to believe.

5. Don't bother with the buffet at the Harrah's properties unless it's included. We went to four different ones and the food is ... abundant, but it's definitely not great.

6. Plan to come back and do the rest of the stuff you didn't get around to - we're already planning for December.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

11,812 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,668)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Port Moody, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

We arrived May 20th at the Hotel around 7:00pm and check in was very busy,but it didn;t matter as long as we a cold one in are hand and buy the time we got the desk and asked for the manager for a upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite,it was well worth it.The room was 27094 and it was facing the strip,directly infront of Ceaser's with the Mirage to the right and the Bellagio water show to the left.,we had a great view.
We have been going to Vegas for about 12 years now and usually 3 times a year and this is the fist time in 3 years that we decided to go back to the Flamingo after staying at the Luxor,Ceaser's,Imperial Palace,New York New York.
The Hotel had a great atmosphere in the evening,there were people all around relaxed and having a good time and we met so many people from different parts of the world,it was alot of fun.The pool was very busy, so get down there early to get your spot,the Flamingo pool is one of the better pools in Vegas,trust me you won't be dissapointed.
Great location,great staff and we are going back to the Flamingo at the end of September for sure and remember this....it is what you make out of it,to make it a holiday to remember.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

After reading some of the online reviews I was a little nervous about staying at The Flamingo. But I was pleasantly surprised. The room while not luxurious was clean and pleasant with a nice view of the garden and pond area. No noises in the middle of the night, and the location on the strip couldn't had been better. We ate breakfast at the Tropical Breeze Cafe twice and the food was quite good, a little expensive but hey, this is Vegas. Didn't use the pool but there were chairs available. I would stay definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I read other reviews before my first Vegas trip with my buddies-but I never saw any of the negative things listed. We had a standard room with 2 beds, a clean bathroom (a deal breaker for me anywhere) and a great view. Being my first time in Vegas I saw my share of casinos, and by comparison the Flamingo's was pretty good. Had a slight "old-school" feel to it, but the waitresses stayed close with drinks and kept the place free of trash. The pool was VERY nice, and single guys on the prowl will not be disappointed at the abundance lovely ladies! The location right in the middle of the strip was perfect (easier to remember after all those dollar margaritas!) About the only thing I'd call for is a slight upgrade of the buffet food. The flamingo and fish view is awesome while you're eating, but some of the dishes left something to be desired. HOWEVER, this was negated by the $40 Eat All Day Buffet pass we purchased at the Flamingo buffet. For 24 hrs we could eat at any buffet owned by Harrahs so we ate at Caesar's buffet (exceptional!) for the duration. A clean, well-located, and very affordable place you'll still feel comfortable bringing company back to-we sure were! ;)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

This was my 5th trip to Las Vegas over the last 6 years, my second time staying at the Flamingo we stayed 5/28-6/1. I have stayed at Bally's, MGM, and Monte Carlo as well. I must say that the Flamingo is still my favorite. We had excellent service from the moment we pulled up to the moment we left, from the Bellmen, the front desk staff, the coctail waitresses, to the maid service they were all extremely friendly, and helpful. The rooms were great, the pool is awesome, the casino is really fun, and margaritaville is right next door what else can I say. My only 2 complaints were that I wish there was a food court with a few more meal options and I wish there was a way to create more seating space by the pool because it was sometimes hard to find a place to lay out in the sun. It has been 2 years since I have stayed here until this last trip and I was reading reviews and almost booked somewhere else because I thought maybe they had gone downhill. Well I am so glad I didn't because for us it just keeps getting better. We stayed in the GO rooms like last time and they were clean, nice, and comfortable. I love that you can get a nice hotel room with a great pool right in the center of the strip for such a great value (especially with our total rewards discount). I could just go on and on but I just hope people wont read those other terrible reviews and decide not to book Flamingo like I almost did because it certainly doesn't deserve that reputation by people who obviously are extremely picky or just have a bad attitude. Great job Flamingo can't wait to come back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed on the 27th floor...had a great view of the strip...especially the fountain at the Bellagio. The room was fun. Nice sized bathroom with a few etched glass walls. Big shower. The beds were super comfy too. The Burger Joint downstairs had decent burgers and steak and eggs at a cheap price for those early morning snacks! Central location made it purty easy to walk to almost all the cool spots.

• Stayed April 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I'll start with 1 hour wait to check in. Under staffed. With that said I had a regular room that was comped. The room was dated but clean maid service was excellent. The pool here is great although it was crowded and you need to get there early. Restaurants were good ang service was great. I will say that every employee of the Falmingo that I came in contact with was great.
This is one of the only big casinos on the strip that did not raise the minimum bet at night. So you can still play table games tha are under $25. All in all I would recoomend the Flamingo but upgrade your room.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!