Well just got back from a four night stay at the Flamingo. We got an "upgraded" room for $50 extra per night, this is on a recently renovated floor and is quite a nice room. Separate shower and bath, largish plasma TV, and also a small LCD TV built into the bathroom mirror! The beds were twin queens and very comfortable, not saggy or anything like that. The view was of the pool, and mountains beyond, nice view to wake up to in the morning (we did not want a strip view anyway). So all in all since it has been recently renovated it is quite a nice room.
Now for the bad points. In room high speed internet is $11 per night. Now I know that this is Vegas and that they will try to gouge you at every opportunity, but I thought that this was a bit tough. Also when we got there initially it just did not work (problem with the modem, it would not give out an IP address). They insisted on sending someone which took 90 minutes. Now my job is computer support so I just restarted the modem and bang! we get an IP address but they still insisted on sending someone. So we had to wait until this security type guy comes and verifies that "everything is plugged in OK". Then for some reason we could not get past the agreement page in Internet Explorer. I rang the Help Desk and he just manually added us in. Tip - if he does do that, you're not charged for that 24 hour period! However, you have to agree to the page *each* 24 hour period. It only worked once after that, for the other two night we had to manually get added in again. So that meant we were only charged for one night! That's good I suppose but it was still a painful experience. Room service is very slow. Order a pot of coffee, it takes at least 40 mins. Meals take longer. Also, the room did not have a fridge or even a coffee maker! So bad luck if you want to keep a drink in the room or make yourself a cup of coffee.
Don't even bother with the casino, if you gamble like I do (ie you know that you aren't going to be lucky but just want to play the slots for as long as you can with $50) go next door to the Barbary Coast and you can play all night.
I wasn't that impressed with either the buffet or the cafe. The buffet food was nice but expensive. The cafe food was very average, and expensive!
Finally, for some reason, while we were there the water slides and fountains in the pool were not working. Something to do with no lifeguard. Pretty lame excuse if you ask me!
All in all I would not stay here again, even though the room was nice and new. I would have preferred an older room but with better service (and nicer meals).
PS If you like 80s music - the piped music in the lobby and lifts and by the pool will make your day! I heard some songs that I haven't heard in nearly 20 years. They seem to have a never ending supply of the stuff. It was all 80s for the four days that we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Vegas.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo