I took my grandaughter to dance convention in Las Vegas. I also took her two brothers, age 14 & 15 and my physically handicapped cousin. I booked months ahead and requested adjoining rooms. My teenage boys had a room 40 rooms away from me! The hotel didn't seem to care that these teen boys would be without adult supervision during the time in their room.
I also requested a handicapped room, with two beds. We had one bed and my dancing grandaughter slept on the floor every night. No roll aways available either!
The carpet on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom was soaked all of the time we were there. One night we came in at 10:30 to find a big blower and extension cord in the middle of the room. We had to call someone to come and take it away so we could go to bed.
When I requested room changes I was told I had to check out of my room before I could see another one. So I packed up my cousin in her wheelchair, and hauled all of our luggage to the desk. Hauled it all up to the "new" room, on the other side of the hotel, and cried when I opened the door. Still one bed and no handicapped shower. A tub with pipes welded around to hang on to. I hauled it all back and took my old room back. Throughout all of this, I was never offered any "comps". Not a discount, not a meal, not a quarter for a slot. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I will not go back.
We did have a lovely stay at the Tropicana last year if you are looking for value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Vegas.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Otel, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo