“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I have read the reviews on the Flamingo here, I rely on this site and have to judge on these reviews. I must say the reviews on the Flamingo does not do justice. THe Flamingo is a "big 5 star to me" the best bed I have slept in my travels, clean, people so helpful & friendly. And this casino is no#1 to me. I have read negative reviews on the Flamingo, my judgement where correct does reviews are my opinion people who want the 5 star hotel, well they should pay the rate for that luxury, and not go with a great deal.... I myself rate this hotel a 5 star fantastic hotel....I travel once a year oversea's, resorts and have never been disapointed "yet" after my homework on this site on resorts, hotels. The key is screen the negatives especially when they say rude, bad service etc...... I have never experience this in my travels, but I have always had a smile and friendly approach and always have received a warm greeting....You must remember some have bad days, and to be friendly with a smile seems to break the mood and the reward is a smile. Again the flamongo is awsum. we ate at the restaurent at the Flamingo every day,"delicious" every single meal. Great prices for a casino and service, and the coffee is "fantastic" at each location. I will warn you if you eat at Denny's this place is not very good like the Denny's I ate at in the states, just a heads up on that one!
Rooms are clean and so confortable.
And the pools just takes your breath away, awsum just like being in the Carribean pools clean and refreshing. I will warn you alot of people are there at the pool if you do not like being crowded you will have a negative comment about it, I myself do not mind being crowded, and enjoyed the conversations with many there!

I do not gamble much, but I did witness one jackpot winner there.....It was 104 there the week I was there, I walked alot and went in every hotel doing that air conditioner, the heat didn't bother me because of going in and out of casino's.

Just got back was there 5 days, July 4 - 9/o5 Fantastic place!

From the Ottawa Valley!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,973)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
houston,tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

Just got back from a two week road trip with two other couples. Stayed at the Flamingo June 28th for two nights. Check in was great. I had read all the reviews and asked for a renovated room. Asked the first couple if they had and they said "No"
The other couple asked for a renovated after I suggested it to them.

Well, the first couple had a wonderful vintage older room on the 21st floor that was very classy and in wonderful shape, view of the fountains and tower. They liked it so much they stayed an extra night.
The second couple got a renovated room that looked over the 5th floor roof and wanted to change rooms.
We got a room on the 25th floor Tropical Breeze Tower that looked out on the strip. The room was great. The carpet needed to be refreshed and the size was good, but I wish I had the older vintage room... So be careful for what you asks for. Sometimes the older vintage is the best.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

We gamble all the time, and overall I would say that the Flamingo is hard to beat! It is very centrally located on the strip, and is laid out very well. The rooms are very easy to get to, and it just seems like home away from home. The rooms are always very clean, and there are several very nice places to eat. The casino has a very open, friendly atmosphere. We stay here alot when we go to Vegas. I would definitely recommend this hotel/casino! We went to Vegas for the 4th of July week this year, and we were scheduled to stay 4 nights at the Rio, but we could only handle one night! We changed the rest of our vacation time to the Flamingo! If was definitely the right choice!! I will always stay at the Flamingo from now on.

• Stayed July 2005
Royal Oak, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

We were not sure about this hotel because of the great price we got, but were very pleased. We checked in at the airport and had our room keys at 9:30 in the morning! The room was great, plenty of room for us and our two teenage boys. Our room looked out at the Bellagio fountain one way and towards the mountains the other way.
The buffet was very good as well, my sister, who was staying at the Mirage, thought the brunch buffet was better than her's. We enjoyed the wildlife habitat. The only negative was that the furniture was a little old, but certainly still good enough. We will definitely stay here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

First let me start by saying I was a bit skeptical about this hotel after reading some of the reviews but boy they were wrong. We checked in at the airport. It took about five minutes. The lines at the hotel lobby are ridiculous. We checked in early and got a great view of the pool on a high floor. They accommodated all that we wanted. The location is great. You are right next to everything, the Bellagio, Caesars Palace, the Venetian... The monorail is in the hotel and takes you anywhere on the strip in under 10 min. The pool was beautiful. It has a great waterfall and an awesome water slide(that was the best part). If you go outside the pool you can see the penguins, flamingos and the birds walk around with you.
Cheap drinks at the bar nearest to the pool (2 for 1). We ate at the buffet for dinner and breakfast. The food was really good and the waitresses are so nice. We ordered room service one night and it came very quickly and had everything you would need.
As for the casino, we liked it better than the classier ones. We went to the Bellagio, Paris, NY NY and the waitresses there ----. At the Bellagio we waited over 20 min for a drink and we left, the same for NY NY. The waitresses in the Flamingo were so nice. As soon as I would finish my drink she'd be right there with another one, I didn't even have to ask. It was great. I won $250 on the quarter slots and my boyfriend won 70 on video poker. We didn't win anything in any other hotel.
Well... to sum things up the only thing that was a little bad was the size of the room. They make it look bigger in the picture but the view is really nice at night. Next time I come back we are definitely staying here. I would recommend it to anyone. It was worth it.

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

We stayed at the Flamingo 2 nights in June and had a room on the strip with 2 queen beds. Although there is no charge for extra people, the roll-a-way bed is $30 a night. Without the roll a way I paid $60 a night (weekdays) going through their web-site and calling back evertime the rate dropped. We asked for a veiw of the strip but in hind-sight we may have been better with a room overlooking the pool area since the strip view also has the afternoon sun which heats up the room. The Flamingo pool is fun -- complete with slide and waterfall. It is a tropical lagoon and has some shady spots. The penguins and flamingos were also fun to see. The hotel is nice, clean, and has some decent restaurants. The best part about the Flamingo is the location. You are right in the middle of it all (no problem walking). You are probably getting the most for your money here. The parking is free and close. The windows are large and the room is over-sized. All the rooms have been renovated.

Eugene, OR USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

My stay at the Flamingo was non-eventful, and lived up to my expectations. My room was very clean, well supplied, and nicely decorated. I was informed on check-in that this was a "remodeled room", and I have to say that it did seem to me recently done. I paid $79.00 a night for two nights. It was a good size with a couch and side chair, and a small dinette table, as well as the desk area and TV Armoire, with plenty of room to move araound. This room did have adjoining room capabilities, and I did get some conversation noise at times, but not late at night. The pool area was very nice, and I enjoyed the Flamingo and penguin habitat areas. For the price, location, and amenities, I was happy.

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!