“Lovely Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

First let me start by saying I was a bit skeptical about this hotel after reading some of the reviews but boy they were wrong. We checked in at the airport. It took about five minutes. The lines at the hotel lobby are ridiculous. We checked in early and got a great view of the pool on a high floor. They accommodated all that we wanted. The location is great. You are right next to everything, the Bellagio, Caesars Palace, the Venetian... The monorail is in the hotel and takes you anywhere on the strip in under 10 min. The pool was beautiful. It has a great waterfall and an awesome water slide(that was the best part). If you go outside the pool you can see the penguins, flamingos and the birds walk around with you.
Cheap drinks at the bar nearest to the pool (2 for 1). We ate at the buffet for dinner and breakfast. The food was really good and the waitresses are so nice. We ordered room service one night and it came very quickly and had everything you would need.
As for the casino, we liked it better than the classier ones. We went to the Bellagio, Paris, NY NY and the waitresses there ----. At the Bellagio we waited over 20 min for a drink and we left, the same for NY NY. The waitresses in the Flamingo were so nice. As soon as I would finish my drink she'd be right there with another one, I didn't even have to ask. It was great. I won $250 on the quarter slots and my boyfriend won 70 on video poker. We didn't win anything in any other hotel.
Well... to sum things up the only thing that was a little bad was the size of the room. They make it look bigger in the picture but the view is really nice at night. Next time I come back we are definitely staying here. I would recommend it to anyone. It was worth it.

11,360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,414)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

We stayed at the Flamingo 2 nights in June and had a room on the strip with 2 queen beds. Although there is no charge for extra people, the roll-a-way bed is $30 a night. Without the roll a way I paid $60 a night (weekdays) going through their web-site and calling back evertime the rate dropped. We asked for a veiw of the strip but in hind-sight we may have been better with a room overlooking the pool area since the strip view also has the afternoon sun which heats up the room. The Flamingo pool is fun -- complete with slide and waterfall. It is a tropical lagoon and has some shady spots. The penguins and flamingos were also fun to see. The hotel is nice, clean, and has some decent restaurants. The best part about the Flamingo is the location. You are right in the middle of it all (no problem walking). You are probably getting the most for your money here. The parking is free and close. The windows are large and the room is over-sized. All the rooms have been renovated.

Eugene, OR USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2005

My stay at the Flamingo was non-eventful, and lived up to my expectations. My room was very clean, well supplied, and nicely decorated. I was informed on check-in that this was a "remodeled room", and I have to say that it did seem to me recently done. I paid $79.00 a night for two nights. It was a good size with a couch and side chair, and a small dinette table, as well as the desk area and TV Armoire, with plenty of room to move araound. This room did have adjoining room capabilities, and I did get some conversation noise at times, but not late at night. The pool area was very nice, and I enjoyed the Flamingo and penguin habitat areas. For the price, location, and amenities, I was happy.

chicago,il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

Stayed at the Flamingo 6/27-7/1 with 12 year old son. Upgraded to 24th floor with strip view of Caesars and Bellagio upon request. Room clean and well maintained by housekeeping. Pool area--line formed at 7:45 for entry at 8:00. I put shoes and towels on chair and informed the pool clubhouse I would return after getting breakfast. Ate the buffet and restaurant several days--both decent with good service. Pool chair always reserved upon return. Pool bbq sandwiches quite good--enough to share for light lunch. Drinks pricey but expected. Timeshare desk by elevator--let them know you are not interested and they won't hound you. Monorail station easy to access and very efficient way to travel the strip. Overall good value for the price paid.

Bowie, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

Time of stay: 6/22/05 - 6/29/05

My family and I stayed at the Flamingo and loved it! Of course there are positives and negatives to every hotel, so let me start with the positives first.

POSITIVES:
*Great location. Mid-strip and close to everything within walking distance. Never once had to take a taxi, a car or bus to any of the action on the main strip.
*BEST POOL IN VEGAS! The pool at the Flamingo has children's slides, waterfalls, BBQ Style food (burgers, hotdogs and drinks). Jacuzzi was warm and relaxing. Pool was big, but not big enough to accomodate all of the visitors and tourists that come.
*Food was great at the Cafes and the Buffet. Coffee is good!
*Hotel front desk staff and room attendants were always cheerful, helpful and courteous.
*Hotel shops were okay. They did have a $10 and under store that my wife and family were able to get some really nice items at.
*Penguins, pink-flamingos, cuckoo birds and other wild-life was great for the kids!

NEGATIVES:
*Upon booking the room my wife asked for one king and 2 doubles in a non-smoking section (we got a suite on the 26th floor because of the size of my family and my 18 month-old son we needed the extra space), but ended up in the smoking section which was AWFUL and we did not one king and 2 doubles -just 2 kings. At first I was really upset, but my wife calmed me down, so I just accepted it.
*Our room did smell like smoke and the room attendant came very quickly and sprayed our room. The lysol-type cleanser took the smell away for a little while, but because of the smokers on the 26th floor smoked so much, it really didn't help every morning. If you want to stay here and don't like smoke be extremely forceful in telling the booking agents to not put you anywhere near the 26th floor! There were times that I was so happy to get outside of the hotel because the cigarette smoke was in every crevice of the hotel (restaraunts, cafes, casinos, lobby).
*Walking through the casinos to get to our room also (-). It was just way too much upon check-in.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. The food, the prices and the easy access to the action on the Vegas strip was great! Coming from someone who is EXTREMELY PARTICULAR ABOUT A LOT of things and at times anal, this hotel did please me! You wouldn't be let down if you stayed here.

Peace & Blessings

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2005

We stayed at the Flamingo from June 24 till July 3, 2005. We had room 2372. The view from this room was gorgous. Every time we came into the room we couldn't help but sit on the chair facing the window and stare. The bathrooms are very tiny. You must sit down before you close the door. If you don't close the door first the room is so small that you can't close the door. The condition of the room was ok not great just ok. If you want a room with a great view, room 2372 has two queen size beds in it. For a pool that size the problem is it has very little cement around the edge so that all the lounge chairs literally touch one another and you cant get off the chair because you are touching your neighbor. The chairs are so close that if some one is sitting behind you, you can't put your lounge chair down or you will hit the person behind you. We found the same problem with the smaller heated pool also. My 22 year old daughter tried Margaritaville and she got tired of it after the second night. She said the same band was scheduled to play there every night for a month and every night they play the same exact songs. The whole place was small enough to be able to find your elevator with out to much walking around. The slide is great for children but in order to get chairs anywhere near it during the summer you must line up by 7:30 a.m. They let you in by 8:00 a.m. but you can't go in the water till the life guards come on duty at 9 a.m. The safe in the room worked out great because I was able to leave valuables in it if we went out. The maids gave us what we wanted if we left them tips. But on the one day I forgot to leave a tip, she actually short sheeted the bed. Over all if you are a pool person that likes to go in the pool on a hot summer day, this isn't the place for you. Because like I said before, you must line up at 7:30 a.m. to get what you want. If you are not a pool person Location is great and room is just OK. If you want me to answer any questions e-mail me.

Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2005

My family of four stayed in two rooms at the Las Vegas Flamingo in May 2005. I was very disappointed with the hotel, the food and the service. My two grown sons went to their appointed room, only to find that someone else was staying there and was in the shower! Upon returning to the desk, they were told that "that's not possible" before being given a key for another room. No apologies or anything. The rooms were old and in dire need of updating. The carpeting was stained and the rooms were generally run-down. There were only plastic cups in the rooms for brushing teeth, drinking, etc and there was an overall feel of cheapness. In the lobby, someone was always trying to sell us a timeshare, very tacky! We ate at the buffet once and it was very bland and not tasty. We ate in the regular restaurant for all breakfasts and the food was pretty good. On one occasion we were ignored for quite awhile and then some of the staff argued (right in front of us) about whose section we were in. At one bar, a glass of wine was priced at $7 and the same wine was priced at $3 just a few steps away. I was told by the rude bartender that his bar was in the restaurant area and the other was in the casino. The best thing about the Flamingo is the location but there are a lot of hotels in that area that I would try before staying there again.

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!