Time of stay: 6/22/05 - 6/29/05
My family and I stayed at the Flamingo and loved it! Of course there are positives and negatives to every hotel, so let me start with the positives first.
*Great location. Mid-strip and close to everything within walking distance. Never once had to take a taxi, a car or bus to any of the action on the main strip.
*BEST POOL IN VEGAS! The pool at the Flamingo has children's slides, waterfalls, BBQ Style food (burgers, hotdogs and drinks). Jacuzzi was warm and relaxing. Pool was big, but not big enough to accomodate all of the visitors and tourists that come.
*Food was great at the Cafes and the Buffet. Coffee is good!
*Hotel front desk staff and room attendants were always cheerful, helpful and courteous.
*Hotel shops were okay. They did have a $10 and under store that my wife and family were able to get some really nice items at.
*Penguins, pink-flamingos, cuckoo birds and other wild-life was great for the kids!
*Upon booking the room my wife asked for one king and 2 doubles in a non-smoking section (we got a suite on the 26th floor because of the size of my family and my 18 month-old son we needed the extra space), but ended up in the smoking section which was AWFUL and we did not one king and 2 doubles -just 2 kings. At first I was really upset, but my wife calmed me down, so I just accepted it.
*Our room did smell like smoke and the room attendant came very quickly and sprayed our room. The lysol-type cleanser took the smell away for a little while, but because of the smokers on the 26th floor smoked so much, it really didn't help every morning. If you want to stay here and don't like smoke be extremely forceful in telling the booking agents to not put you anywhere near the 26th floor! There were times that I was so happy to get outside of the hotel because the cigarette smoke was in every crevice of the hotel (restaraunts, cafes, casinos, lobby).
*Walking through the casinos to get to our room also (-). It was just way too much upon check-in.
Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. The food, the prices and the easy access to the action on the Vegas strip was great! Coming from someone who is EXTREMELY PARTICULAR ABOUT A LOT of things and at times anal, this hotel did please me! You wouldn't be let down if you stayed here.
Peace & Blessings
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Vegas.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo