“REVIEWGATE” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tiffin, Ohio
“REVIEWGATE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

On 4/28/2015 we were expecting another great stay at the Flamingo Las Vegas, yes we had stayed here several times and thought Caesars and our Total Rewards membership would take care of us and honor our reservation sorry about our luck. We were greeted by a nice receptionist who immediately had to tell us our reservation had been switched to a sister property the LINQ. After objecting telling her I wanted Flamingo to honor my reservation I had made and confirmed 2 months previous she brought in a second tier tough guy who was disrespectful and talked right through me and my concerns. Fight weekend money money money and we needed a room so after wasting and hour at Flamingo we had to walk next door quite a walk with luggage and left the rental at Flamingo valet.We had expressly wanted to stay at Flamingo to take advantage of the pools and nature area which makes an old hotel into a nice place to stay. There is no comparison to the small concrete pond at the Linq and the beautiful pools and garden area at the Flamingo. Buyer beware the Linq is not completely done and the parking and valet area is a complete mess and can take up to an hour to navigate during busy time. No more Caesars properties for my family.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,892)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Debary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a blast staying here! I would recommend my friends to stay here if they asked me about somewhere to stay! I go to Vegas every year and have loved it every time! If you're looking for a great place to stay and enjoy yourself the flamingo is it!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just returned from the Flamingo today. This was my second stay at this hotel, and will be my last.

I realize that this is not an upscale hotel and my expectations were realistic. The problem began when we went into walked into our room and it reeked of Marijuana, we are from Colorado and pot is legal, and I fully support it. However, I did not want breath it and have my clothes smell.

We immediately, called the front desk and requested a different room. The said they would try to refresh the room. We agreed, and went to the pool. We came back to the room a couple hours later, and it still smelled like pot, so I went down to the front desk, and politely asked for a new room, not an upgrade.

The agent said the manager denied the room change because we had been in the room for two hours! We told them we spent five minutes in the room.

I spoke to the manager and he said they could re-spray the room and and send up a deionizer. I asked if they could change out the bedding. He said that was not possible because they have no bedding available. A massive Las Vegas strip hotel with no extra bedding?

Housekeeping returned to spray the room for the third time, they did not send up a deionizer or change the bedding.

The hotel was continuously checking people in throughout the evening. They should have moved us to another room and cleaned the current room. I do not understand their management style.

I spend 100 nights per year in hotels, and am a Marriott Gold member (70) last year as well as another 30+ at other major brands and have been traveling this much for the last 10 years. I have never experienced this kind of treatment anywhere.

The pool was fun, but you cannot bring in any outside food or beverages into the pool area. This includes sealed bottled water. They physically search bags and pull out sealed water bottles....crazy. There are no drinking fountains available. Security said they stopped maintaining them last summer. You can purchase water for $3.00 for the miniature bottles or $6.00 for a 16 or 20 oz bottle. Mixed drinks in solo cups are $16

This policy is for both the family and over 21 pool. If you have kids bring $$$$

I have photos of the room and will post them. What appears to be mold in the bathroom,stains on sheets and walls, alarm clock was nasty.

Overall, they need to train front desk managers and housekeeping managers.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The pool is one of the top ten in Vegas.
Just above average casino and food.
Good location, has the monorail and is pretty central to everything.
Service is OKAY, but could get better.
Price is not bad and can be done on a budget.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here before and after a trip to the Grand Canyon. The first night we had a go room upgrade which was about $30. I highly recommend this. The room was nice and had a fridge, coffee maker, and sound system. The only weird thing was the glass sliding door to the bathroom. Which does not provide any privacy. My major complaint about this place is the lack of decent breakfast facilities. The cafe by the habitat is now closed, so you can have take out, or a buffet. I wish there was a place to order eggs etc. a la carte. The last night we had a standard room which was awful. The room was not very clean and it was very tired. The carpets in the halls were very dirty and smelly and the room just looked old and beat up. No coffee makers or fridges or anything. And the view was of an actual pile of garbage on the roof of the neighboring property. Get the go upgrade if you go here and it will be fine.

Room Tip: Get the go room or you'll be sorry!
Green Features: They did have a pizza box recycling bin which I appreciated.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Carmel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Party started at midnight and stopped at 4:30 AM. Called security, but when they left same thing. Two nights in a row. Told front desk I was checking out 5 days early but they finally gave me another room. Elevators (10) worked intermittently. It was a suprise every day. Room decor nice and well kept.

Room Tip: stay in a lower floor. Better chance of getting a elevator.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was an experience I'll never forget. I love visiting Vegas however this is the first time I ever stayed in the Flamingo Hotel. I wish NOT to do it again. I expected a better experience than what I did. I have heard of this hotel years ago and understand that there is deep history here. However the quality of the room are definitely NOT up to par. I looked for more shops and definitely more restaurants in this establishment. I do appreciate the experience. Thank you.

Room Tip: Room was extremely dusty and bath tub was rusty. fixtures on sink & tub need a do-over.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!