“poor service” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nanaimo, Canada
“poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Not a good place to stay.....did not like it, engineers are the worst don't know how to fix a simple problem in the washroom and left all their tools in their. Front desk is not helpful at all RUDE and full of ATTITUDE.

Not going back at all

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,918)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Clovis, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had to travel to Vegas for a trade show and allegiant airline had a cheap package deal with the Flamingo hotel! I didn't know the definition of cheap was poor accommodations and crappy service. I was only at the hotel 2 nights thank goodness. The room was so small there was barely room to walk around the bed. The bathroom was an after thought and the one in our trailer is larger and a much better layout. But the worst part of this hotel was the fact that nothing worked. The safe in the room didn't work so I went to call customer service but the button dedicated to them didn't work so I had to call the hotel like I was outside of the hotel to get some service. When I reached them the guy came up to fix the safe but it had a glitch in it so you had to put in your opening code twice to make it work and he was not the phone repair guy. Once again to make a wake up call so I could make my meetings I had to call out to get help and reported phone issue. Nothing was ever done to make phone work correctly. I made a request for a wake up call on Wednesday morning to get some breakfast for my flight which I never got from hotel luckily I set my phone too. When I called the front desk once again dialing an outside line to get operator to get customer service to complain about the no wake up call she said oh well sorry but you are up now. LOL It was so ridiculous you had to laugh. My view from my room was of obstructed and the best view I had was of a dirty roof below full of old cups and trash. The elevators were disgusting as was the property itself. No coffee maker in room so I had to go down stairs for a cup in the AM and found a small cup was over $4 and it was not flavored or good coffee and was luke warm. This was by far the worst property I have ever stayed at while in Vegas and wont make that mistake again and If I was you I would pass on this lousy hotel.

Room Tip: Run don't walk from this hotel!
Green Features: The amount of trash around the hotel shows they are working at recycling by letting it breakdown and return to the earth slowly where it fell
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Flamingo's location on the strip makes it a perfect place to stay. The animal habitat is really very nice. If eating at the buffet try to get a seat by the window. The go to rooms are very nice. The café has good food but is only open for breakfast & lunch during the week. Weekends they are open for dinner.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We came into town for my birthday and decided to stay at the Flamingo. The check in line was outrageous but staff was friendly. I paid for a fab deluxe king but was told I could only get two queens. The rooms were nice however the bathroom desperately needs an update with mold and grime all over the tub and couldn't get the water to stop dripping all night. Elevator experience was a but terrifying but other than that it wasn't terrible. Disappointed that the pool closed at 5pm, I was sure that a pool would be open on the strip longer than that for the guests to enjoy.
Overall, not great but also not terrible. Next time I go I will probably pick somewhere else though.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Flamingo is one of the original classic Vegas hotel/casinos. Located in the center of The Strip, Flamingo offers easy access to all Strip attractions. The rooms are clean and modern, and the staff is second to none. Flamingo also has one of the best pools in town. Dining options range from the first class Center Cut steakhouse to a food court located just off the casino floor, and everywhere in between. Get a room overlooking the Habitat if the hustle and bustle of The Strip bother you.

We always stay at Flamingo. We make several trips a year, and have never been disappointed. It is like home to us, and the staff treats us that way. If you want "glitz", go elsewhere. If you want an honest Vegas experience, Flamingo is for you.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for something overlooking the Habitat. "GO" rooms are very nice.
Green Features: Flamingo is a Green property. GreenLeaders Silver level. Excellent.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Independence, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My friends and I stayed at the Flamingo in the Habitat tower; one of the fab deluxe older rooms we got as a comp.

If the room is a "Big deal" to you when traveling and it makes or breaks your experience--ask for an upgrade; don't take the risk of a comp. If it isn't that big of deal for you---a fab deluxe would probably be okay. The rooms are reasonably priced in comparison to other properties like Cosmo; Wynn or Bellagio. So don't expect a Wynn/Bellagio type room for the costs to stay at the Flamingo.

The room: Bedroom area was clean and beds were comfy; room size was adequate; Bathroom was clean--but looked a bit 1970's trailer like. If several in the room need a mirror--bring an extension cord. There is a mirror in the bedroom area and one in the bathroom--that's it. Room itself would get 2 1/2-3 stars.

Carpet in the hallways--in bad need of replacement as consistent with other reviews--but since I don't plan to sleep on or spend much time in the hallway-not a big deal to us.

The casino--loved it. Great dealers; pit bosses, etc.; lots of fun 4 stars

Check in and check out---did not wait at all.

Elevators--did not have to wait--but they are quite old as previous reviews indicated.

Tropical Breeze cafe--we ate breakfast here-food was good for a reasonable price. Again--you get what you pay for.

Margaritville Bar attached to property---Kevin Mayo is the best! Five stars!

Things you can do to help yourself at this property:
1-Get your total rewards card in ADVANCE of checking in. (You can apply on line)
2-They will email you an opportunity to do on line check in. DO it--when we arrived traditional check in wait looked like it was about 25-30 minute wait. We were physically in our room within 15-20 minutes of arriving at the hotel. No waiting in the on line check in line.
3--We did the express check out without issue. We left the hotel at 4:30 a.m. to catch our flight--there wasn't a line at check out at that time. But express check out will always be the quickest and most convenient.
4-Resort fee--just know there is one--and you can only hook up one phone to wifi without additional charges.
5-early check in--double check but I think if you are a total rewards member this fee is waived for you. We checked in at 2 and did not incur a fee.

To compare this rating to other properties we have stayed at:
Harrah's we would rate about a 4
Planet Hollywood was a dump---we would rate a 2. The room we stayed in was a dump with a foul smell in the carpet and beat up furniture.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We go to Vegas every year and we always stay at the Flamingo. We recommend the Go Rooms. Great value, excellent location, and love the rooms and views. They have been remodeling the strip and the convenience of this hotel and vicinity of this hotel, make our stay in Vegas more enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Go Rooms have a fridge and more room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!