“Lots of bang for the buck!” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 30%
Ranked #127 of 271 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Staten Island, New York, United States
“Lots of bang for the buck!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Flamingo is one of the original classic Vegas hotel/casinos. Located in the center of The Strip, Flamingo offers easy access to all Strip attractions. The rooms are clean and modern, and the staff is second to none. Flamingo also has one of the best pools in town. Dining options range from the first class Center Cut steakhouse to a food court located just off the casino floor, and everywhere in between. Get a room overlooking the Habitat if the hustle and bustle of The Strip bother you.

We always stay at Flamingo. We make several trips a year, and have never been disappointed. It is like home to us, and the staff treats us that way. If you want "glitz", go elsewhere. If you want an honest Vegas experience, Flamingo is for you.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for something overlooking the Habitat. "GO" rooms are very nice.
Green Features: Flamingo is a Green property. GreenLeaders Silver level. Excellent.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,917)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Independence, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My friends and I stayed at the Flamingo in the Habitat tower; one of the fab deluxe older rooms we got as a comp.

If the room is a "Big deal" to you when traveling and it makes or breaks your experience--ask for an upgrade; don't take the risk of a comp. If it isn't that big of deal for you---a fab deluxe would probably be okay. The rooms are reasonably priced in comparison to other properties like Cosmo; Wynn or Bellagio. So don't expect a Wynn/Bellagio type room for the costs to stay at the Flamingo.

The room: Bedroom area was clean and beds were comfy; room size was adequate; Bathroom was clean--but looked a bit 1970's trailer like. If several in the room need a mirror--bring an extension cord. There is a mirror in the bedroom area and one in the bathroom--that's it. Room itself would get 2 1/2-3 stars.

Carpet in the hallways--in bad need of replacement as consistent with other reviews--but since I don't plan to sleep on or spend much time in the hallway-not a big deal to us.

The casino--loved it. Great dealers; pit bosses, etc.; lots of fun 4 stars

Check in and check out---did not wait at all.

Elevators--did not have to wait--but they are quite old as previous reviews indicated.

Tropical Breeze cafe--we ate breakfast here-food was good for a reasonable price. Again--you get what you pay for.

Margaritville Bar attached to property---Kevin Mayo is the best! Five stars!

Things you can do to help yourself at this property:
1-Get your total rewards card in ADVANCE of checking in. (You can apply on line)
2-They will email you an opportunity to do on line check in. DO it--when we arrived traditional check in wait looked like it was about 25-30 minute wait. We were physically in our room within 15-20 minutes of arriving at the hotel. No waiting in the on line check in line.
3--We did the express check out without issue. We left the hotel at 4:30 a.m. to catch our flight--there wasn't a line at check out at that time. But express check out will always be the quickest and most convenient.
4-Resort fee--just know there is one--and you can only hook up one phone to wifi without additional charges.
5-early check in--double check but I think if you are a total rewards member this fee is waived for you. We checked in at 2 and did not incur a fee.

To compare this rating to other properties we have stayed at:
Harrah's we would rate about a 4
Planet Hollywood was a dump---we would rate a 2. The room we stayed in was a dump with a foul smell in the carpet and beat up furniture.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We go to Vegas every year and we always stay at the Flamingo. We recommend the Go Rooms. Great value, excellent location, and love the rooms and views. They have been remodeling the strip and the convenience of this hotel and vicinity of this hotel, make our stay in Vegas more enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Go Rooms have a fridge and more room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Grandview
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Fun time a lot of Action, Center Cut Steakhouse is a must do, and order the seafood tower it is great. Housekeeping very friendly and took great care of
Our room. We will be going back very soon . Great place

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

walking into the classic flamingo like many famous people have, my wife fooled me once again, walking away from the check in counter looking sad. " we only have a standard room, I couldn't get an upgrade" looking sad we went up the gold plated elevators and arrived on the 15th floor and I was thinking think this aint too bad and she opened the door and BAM! it was an amazing mini go suite overlooking the strip, an incredible room with an incredible view . I loved all the white. very clean. I will say that there was no towel racks and no hot pink light in the bathroom which we have enjoyed in the past in deluxe fab rooms. the pool was open and full and every ounce of sunshine was taken. I love the flamingo pool with the grotto, so 50's I have always loved the flamingo and it did not disappoint this trip

Room Tip: always upgrade
Green Features: Travelife Certified Energy-efficient lightbulbs Recycles Window films help keep building cool Towel reuse programme Energy saving guest room controls
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My 3rd visit to Vegas and hotel was chosen for its location which is excellent. Room was fine, we asked for a quiet room and were given one on a high floor away from lifts, check in girl was very helpful. Adjoining door did let in a lot of noise though! It needed refurbished, especially bathroom but it was clean and served our needs. We got a late checkout at 1.30pm for $40. Bell desk were fab too.

We like the pool in the morning before it gets too hot and you need to be there for 9am opening for a good spot. We were disappointed that the pool didn't open for residents at its usual 9am on the day of a pool party, but I guess they had to set up.

Come out of pool area, turn left, go to end of road and turn right and there's a wee 7/11 type store where you can water and snacks for a fraction of the price of the strip, just a few minutes walk.

Casino is a bit tired looking compared with Bellagio or even Paris, but gardens are nice and fish are huge, worth seeing.

Beware the timeshare people at lifts trying to give you free meals/ tickets. A firm "no thanks" and they back off.

Overall hotel was excellent value for money, fulfilled all our needed, staff were helpful and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Vegas is never quiet, if you need it, ask for a quiet room on a high floor. We were on 21st floor f...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
chicago suburb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I chose the Flamingo for my wedding week stay. I thought the beautiful pool and gardens would make for beautiful pictures. Unfortunately I was running so late, I almost missed my wedding, so no pics were actually taken there. But, I liked that they had a special check in for Platinum players. Check in was quick and easy, and I was comped a regular Fab deluxe room for 7 nights. I was on the 26th floor overlooking the strip. I loved my view. There is a nice chaise that I liked to sit in at look outside every night before I went to sleep. The room was just ok. The cleanliness was questionable, but good enough for a free room. The pools were beautiful and I spent 1 day there, and enjoyed a reasonably priced bloody mary. The gambling is horrible! I have never won anything at this casino, and this trip was no exception. I really enjoyed the double cheeseburger from Johnny Rockets. It was huge and tasty and juicy. It was expensive, but I had comps to pay for it. I didn't eat at any of the other restaurants, but I've previously eaten at the buffet and didn't care for it at all. I've stayed at the Flamingo one other time,and it was dirty and I hated it. This time it was much better. Not sure if I'd stay here again, probably only if it is the only Caesers property that gives me comped rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!