“book with caution” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“book with caution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

did not initially book a Go room and was pretty horrified by the room we were given. Middle of the afternoon and the room was very dark with only one small lamp for lighting. Was probably intentional to hide the decrepid state of the room. Did not even unpack before paying the upgrade to a Go room, Could not believe the two rooms were in the same hotel. Go room was wonderful with a TV built into bathroom mirror and a view of the bellagio fountain. Overall the hotel is old and needs to be completely renovated. Boo to the desk clerk who booked us in and said that we were getting a really nice room. A bald face lie. Only stay here if you are prepared to pay for a Go room.

Room Tip: Go room only
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,814)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife stayed here for a four day weekend. We were in a newly remodeled room with a beautiful view of the high roller. Many upgrades to the room include remote controlled blinds, tv in the bathroom mirror, large walk in closet and flat screen tv. Very clean, wonderful stall and perfectly located on the strip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for 3 nights in July. Loved the room--excellent location right on the strip. It was very warm, so it was great to go to the pool. It was my first time to Las Vegas--enjoyed the Donnie and Marie show right at the hotel. Room service was good and recommend joining Total Rewards which is free and gives you discounts at the restaurants and gift stores. Price for hotel was good--convenient to bus to go to either north or south outlet stores.

Room Tip: Good to have a higher up room--music is loud by pool
Green Features: Glad that they had a card if you didn't want the sheets changed every day which is good for the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Wildlife Habitat is lovely. The rooms are fine -- clean, comfy and as quiet as it gets in on the Strip -- but getting checked in can mean standing in a line longer than the one at Pirates of the Caribbean. Counter staff are friendly and knowledgeable (as are those at the Bell Caption station) but the rest of the employees seemed like they'd gone to sleep then awakened in an unfamiliar place. Whether it was a question about transportation, dining options or buying a stamp, no one -- including the concierge -- had an answer. And while the rates are reasonable, the add-ons turn the bill into something less than a bargain.

Green Features: I separated my recycling and trash, then was told everything gets dumped into a bin
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My Husband and I Stayed at the Flamingo From Sep21-24. After seeing so many negative reviews I was a little scared. However we had a GOGO room on the 15th floor with a view of the high roller. Our room was very clean fully updated. Our maid was there every day cleaned and always left new coffee and towels. On arrival our check in time was about 15min much less than my last trip with Monte Carlo or Treasure Island. We had friends on the 11th Floor in a fab room and there room was great as well. Yes it still needs upgrading like the carpet on many floors and more running elevators are needed but all and all I had a great stay and with the low price I paid I will be back again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have stayed at the Flamingo on various occasions and found the location a big plus as it's in the centre of the strip. The Go rooms are the ones to stay at as these are apparently the nicest ones.

When we stayed there a few years ago the rooms were recently renovated and whereas they are still in good condition they are starting to age a little. I would stay here for the location as it means you are in the centre of everything and have good access to bus stops.

The one thing that I found was a let down was the buffet at the casino. We tried a few buffets whilst in Vegas and the one at the flamingo was by far the smallest with very limited options. I wouldn't go there again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Terre Haute, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Day 1 - I am hoping to be able to update, and review a few times for my 5 day business/pleasure stay at the Flamingo. I have stayed at the Flamingo at least 75-100 days in the past 18 years. I began my journey with them in 1997, so I can speak from experience and not a one time impression of the place.
The hassle with Flamingo began in May, 2014 shortly after booking our flight; in trying to secure two rooms for my daughter, son-in-law and I. The Las Vegas rooms on the strip ARE SO EXPENSIVE! The son-in-law finally landed a 'Friends and Family' rate, where almost all of his room was comped. My room, was a different story. Even with his discount, My room was going to cost over $500 for 5 days. PLUS a $20 per day resort fee. So the cost was a factor. I feel if I am paying that much, there should be some amenities that are just included, and at once upon a time, WERE. Long story short, my daughter received a better deal for me, so the room rate was reduced to around $250 for the 5 days. Cost is not the issue here, the amenities is my comment for today.
If you are booking an early flight, the EARLIEST you can check into the hotel is 4PM. Early Check IN? Absolutely - That will be a $30 fee. You would like to use your laptop in the room? Absolutely - BUT DON'T TURN ON THAT IPAD OR SECOND DEVICE!!!!!!!! You are only allowed ONE internet device per room that is included in your $20 Resort Fee. When you sign on, there is a screen that reflects the $13.99 price. $24.99 if you want to use it on the grounds; $34.99 if you want to use it among the Harrah's properties and $9.99 if you are not a guest. Ridiculous. What the airlines started, the hotel/casinos in Las Vegas have answered.
Continuing, I did not check in but put my bags in their room. I was GUARANTEED that I would be next door. We were unable to pick up the room keys at 5:15 PM. The room was not ready, but I was assured that it would be in 45 minutes or so. We were leaving to see a show, and I was able to pick up the key at 11:30 PM but was not the room I was promised; it was a few down from them. But a promise/guarantee is a promise, even a verbal one. Get the name of that employee who tell you what you want to hear...... Continuing. We were offered a Room Upgrade for only $25 per day for a newer remodeled room. No thank you. I feel if a hotel is offering their rooms at such a premium price, then they should be pretty nice. Not so much. Sadly, you are paying for location. Continuing, with the trend to upgrade the rooms with HARDWOOD or similar, and NO CARPET, the noise level between the rooms has increased. My neighbors were not courteous, and their lights and noise came through under the 3" gap in the floor where the carpet used to be. Another downturn to my stay here is that they will be shutting the water off to these rooms for 4 hours today. I am going to ask for a refund for at least my resort fees for lack of water to shower or water to flush the toilet. Or get ice. Continuing (Remember this is DAY ONE) (SIGH).. I saw many housekeeping carts with Coffee on them, so I decided to order me a coffee pot this morning. Nope. Nada. I am not in a 'Gold' room, so I cannot even order one and pay extra. I am a substandard guest here, since I refuse to pay pay pay to stay. Continuing. After closer examination of my surroundings, this room is not so clean. I can understand more shabby furniture, but not dirt. I thought I had a blood stain on my hairdryer as I got ready to use it today, but it's only someone elses lipstick or makeup. I also found the same stuff on the wall in the vanity area. I am leaving them to see if housekeeping will notice, since I moved the icebucket. This post will be continued as the days progress.

Room Tip: I am in room 24152. This is the 24th floor on the north side. There is a lot of noise from HARRAHS...
Green Features: I haven't witnessed any recycle receptacles and not sure what they do with all that trash.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!