I checked out of the a Flamingo today. For the money, this hotel really misses the mark. I stay in Las Vegas 2-3 times a year and try to stay at a new hotel at least once per year. The Flamingo has a lot going for it. It's central strip location is awesome! It's even easy to navigate their casino. The pool area is large. That said, it is a seriously neglected property. I stayed in a Go Luxury room which was already showing signs of wear. The windows were severely dirty as were spots on the walls. We had a fantastic strip view, but there was a price to that: The Cromwell's roof top club was extremely loud on Friday/Saturday nights. My friend who had a 27th floor room with a view directly overlooking the nightclub could sign along to the songs from her room!
Most distressing were the elevators. Poorly maintained doesn't even begin to describe them. There was one that would occasionally freeze, the power flickering off and then come back on for no apparent reason. It was obvious by the shrieking/grinding noises coming from the elevators, smears over the doors (never cleaned in the 5 days we were there) that no real care was given for guest comfort in that regard.
Would I stay there again? No. However, the staff is friendly, the casino is fun, and it was a decent sports book. And the location is an A+. For the cost, IMO, you can do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Vegas.com, Otel, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo