“Very good for the price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 25% OFF!
Ranked #129 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very good for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

It has a very good location at Strip, you can walk to the best spots from there. The room is very nice, clean and comfy. Casino area is good as well. Pool area is very nice as well, but very crowded. I highly recommend it specially for the price. One negative point is the Concierge, they don't have access to the best nightclubs but we managed to get in anyway.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,160)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
pebble beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

hello my friends. i stayed at flamingo las vegas so i can be near friends. i usually stay at ceasars or planet hollywood . i had no problems with my room cuz i stayed in a go room. i went to the pool very early so i got a good seat and a five dollar bloody mary before eleven o clock. the room was just fine but the walls ae thin and the elevators take forever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I decided to come to Las Vegas for a short weekend trip due to Total Rewards giving me a comp room at the Flamingo. I was a bit skeptical because this is the oldest Casino in Las Vegas and i have seen a lot of mixed reviews. Upon arrival we had quick check in, if you have a total rewards gold card you skip the whole line. I was given a standard 2 queen bedroom with a strip view. The rooms are renovated as well as the bathrooms and everything was nice and clean. The best thing about this hotel is the location. You are literally in the middle of it all and it is a short walk away from everything. The casino has a good mix of slot machines and most of the dealers seemed to love their jobs.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
State College, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have stayed at the Flamingo on many occasions while in Vegas. The good thing is the location on the strip, and relatively inexpensive rooms. The down side is the rooms are not the cleanest: Ex: plastic cap from previous guest deodorant on bathroom floor. Gravel and unidentifiable dirt on floor in the room. In other words, the floors in either of the two rooms my family had were dirty.
We asked for extra towels, but never got them.
We had a room key, actually 3, that did not work. When I went to the front desk I was spoken to like a child for not reading the signs and entering the room key line - it was so busy in the lobby I never saw the sign. I was told "I will replace it this one time, but next time use the proper line." I got new keys / cards and one worked one time and not again. We passed back and forth between the connecting doors in the two rooms. The next day I phoned the front desk to explain the lock situation and I was asked if I could remain in my room until engineering fixed the problem - and the time frame - sometime that morning? Really - not why we came to Vegas. I was told the door mechanism would be fixed pick up new keys in the key line. Waited in the key line, no new keys, and no one ever fixed the lock. We again wasted time and had to pass between rooms to enter one of the rooms. This was a major inconvenience, but nothing compared to the noise ALL NIGHT LONG coming from the construction of the new hotel next to the Flamingo. The crews work all night long, complete with ALL the noise of running heavy equipment, and a fire alarm with strobe light on the outside of the building that went off without being reset for hours one night. The noise, the room keys not working, the attitude of the staff etc., are not worth the low room rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Please accept our sincere apology for the quality of service you encountered received during your stay. There is certainly no excuse for you not to receive the best service we have. We certainly could have done a better job trying to accommodate you. Your comments will be shared with our Hotel Operations Director in order to prevent future recurrences. Your business is appreciated. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future, so you can experience the truly great service we are capable of providing.
plymouth new hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our stay Thursday March 13, 2014-Sunday March 16, 2014.

Check in was easy, I am a platinum rewards member so I could use a “special line” we checked in around 9 p.m. We only had to wait about 2 minutes and the lady who checked us in was polite. After this our stay just went down hill.
Rm 24173 a mini suite.Our room at first we loved it but after we looked around it was discusting.
The room has floor to ceiling windows and overlooked the pools.There was a living room area and a king bed, the room does have a safe!
The room was a long walk from the elevator but that is normal in Vegas.
We found food (not complimentary snacks) on the floor and the bottom of the window frame. Water stains on the television stand/dresser ,and the white sheets are grey and old.

My wife took a shower, when she was done the water would not drain. I reached into the drain thinking the paper wrapping from the soap may be stuck in the drain. What I found was a large clump of dark black hair! (My wife is blonde).

We found Blood on the shower curtain, it was not our blood.

We took photos and went to guest services, she offered to change our room but honestly we were treated like they did not care.

Overall Summary:
LOCATION A+ Terrific right in the middle of the strip.
STAFF C most are rude and do not care. I could not even get a bottle of water from a waitress while I was playing a table game.
DRINKS C- most are weak and they try to give you the cheap alcohol thinking you will not know the difference.
FOOD D we did get ill after eating the Chinese in the food court. My wife waited for over 30 minutes at Johnny Rockets for a hot dog and fries and they were not busy. Pizza in food court was good .The Pizza place near the elevators, the portions are huge but it is bland.
CASINO B+ good variety of games and slots
ROOMS D+ mini suite was nice at first ,really disgusting after we looked around

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a COMPED room through my total rewards and we got what we paid for. NEVER AGAIN will we stay here.

This was my 16th trip to Vegas. I stayed at The Quad (formally I.P.)many times.The Stardust (a month before they blew it up) Riviera, The LVH (formally Las Vegas Hilton,many times),the Excalibur and I even stayed at the Saharra a few times( now closed) and Never has it been so bad.
(Unfortunately I lost my iPhone on the plane ride home , I took some really disgusting photos of the room.)

MY ADVICE – STAY at ANOTHER HOTEL!!!

TIP: the best way to get to/from the airport is take a Taxi about $20 (tell the Driver NO TUNNEL)
TIP: we bought a 24 hr pass to ride the DEUCE(sit upstairs) & SDX public transportation you pick up the Deuce in front of Harra's it was a good easy way to get up/down the strip and downtown.
TIP: Go to Stratosphere Lounge 107 for Happy hour. 2 for 1 drinks and appetizers. FREE admission to the Tower if you tell them you are going to the restaurant/lounge.
TIP: go downtown in the evening. Interesting people. Mermaids Casino still uses old time coin machines and you can get a deep fried Twinkie or O.R.E.O. cookie !!

Room Tip: Stay at a different Hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear of your poor experience on your last visit. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at csac_lv@caesars.com. We do hope you will stay with us again.
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'm here now at the Flamingo in a Fab Deluxe room. I have stayed here several times as its very reasonable and the rooms were renovated just a few years ago and previously have been quite nice. I knew there was trouble just stepping into the elevators which are scuffed with scratched walls, dirty floors and tarnished walls. Most of the buttons don't even light up.I booked a "Fab Deluxe" room--one of their newer nicer rooms. I think shab deluxe is more like it.
The bed was comfortable enough but as is typical with Las Vegas the lighting is awful. Additionally the door had cracks and peeling paint, the bathroom wallpaper was peeling by the floor and there were plenty of cracks in the floor tile.
The wall outlet covers are cracked and for some reason there is a dirty old power strip on the floor for charging multiple electronic items--would be better if it actually worked but it doesn't. The sink clogs in the bathroom and the shower is mediocre.
The Flamingo has a great location but as someone who travels here frequently for conventions I have to say this is not worth staying at. There are plenty of choices in Las Vegas much better than this. if you want cheap and don't care about anything else the Flamingo is for you. If you value other amenities look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We apologize for your disappointment in your room on your last visit. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. We have shared your comments with our Hotel Operations Management to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had to stay at the Flamingo for a conference for work. Room was decent (except the bathroom which looked very old and dirty). Lobby, casino and stores were acceptable. The problem is their awful customer service. At check in they were rude, seemingly annoyed when I asked some questions. My room was exposed to very loud music outside except from 3:00-5:00am. When I complained I was told they have never heard this complaint before, and they didn't believe me! What happened to "the customer is always right"? I asked others at the conference and several also mentioned loud music keeping them awake. Sorry, Flamingo, but people need to sleep more than two hours a night! I asked for earplugs to be provided and it took five phone calls to get management approval. Even ordinary hotels like Holiday Inn will provide earplugs no questions asked. I suggest you stay away from the Flamingo and stay somewhere that cares about their customers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience with and the music and the quality of service you encountered by our Front Desk. There is certainly no excuse for you not to receive the best service we have. We certainly could have done a better job trying to accommodate you. Your comments will be shared with our Hotel Operations Director in order to prevent future recurrences. Your business is appreciated. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future, so you can experience the truly great service we are capable of providing.

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!