“Great Location,Dirty old rooms,and staff that is rude and does not care.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino

Save up to 30%
Ranked #126 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
plymouth new hampshire
“Great Location,Dirty old rooms,and staff that is rude and does not care.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our stay Thursday March 13, 2014-Sunday March 16, 2014.

Check in was easy, I am a platinum rewards member so I could use a “special line” we checked in around 9 p.m. We only had to wait about 2 minutes and the lady who checked us in was polite. After this our stay just went down hill.
Rm 24173 a mini suite.Our room at first we loved it but after we looked around it was discusting.
The room has floor to ceiling windows and overlooked the pools.There was a living room area and a king bed, the room does have a safe!
The room was a long walk from the elevator but that is normal in Vegas.
We found food (not complimentary snacks) on the floor and the bottom of the window frame. Water stains on the television stand/dresser ,and the white sheets are grey and old.

My wife took a shower, when she was done the water would not drain. I reached into the drain thinking the paper wrapping from the soap may be stuck in the drain. What I found was a large clump of dark black hair! (My wife is blonde).

We found Blood on the shower curtain, it was not our blood.

We took photos and went to guest services, she offered to change our room but honestly we were treated like they did not care.

Overall Summary:
LOCATION A+ Terrific right in the middle of the strip.
STAFF C most are rude and do not care. I could not even get a bottle of water from a waitress while I was playing a table game.
DRINKS C- most are weak and they try to give you the cheap alcohol thinking you will not know the difference.
FOOD D we did get ill after eating the Chinese in the food court. My wife waited for over 30 minutes at Johnny Rockets for a hot dog and fries and they were not busy. Pizza in food court was good .The Pizza place near the elevators, the portions are huge but it is bland.
CASINO B+ good variety of games and slots
ROOMS D+ mini suite was nice at first ,really disgusting after we looked around

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a COMPED room through my total rewards and we got what we paid for. NEVER AGAIN will we stay here.

This was my 16th trip to Vegas. I stayed at The Quad (formally I.P.)many times.The Stardust (a month before they blew it up) Riviera, The LVH (formally Las Vegas Hilton,many times),the Excalibur and I even stayed at the Saharra a few times( now closed) and Never has it been so bad.
(Unfortunately I lost my iPhone on the plane ride home , I took some really disgusting photos of the room.)

MY ADVICE – STAY at ANOTHER HOTEL!!!

TIP: the best way to get to/from the airport is take a Taxi about $20 (tell the Driver NO TUNNEL)
TIP: we bought a 24 hr pass to ride the DEUCE(sit upstairs) & SDX public transportation you pick up the Deuce in front of Harra's it was a good easy way to get up/down the strip and downtown.
TIP: Go to Stratosphere Lounge 107 for Happy hour. 2 for 1 drinks and appetizers. FREE admission to the Tower if you tell them you are going to the restaurant/lounge.
TIP: go downtown in the evening. Interesting people. Mermaids Casino still uses old time coin machines and you can get a deep fried Twinkie or O.R.E.O. cookie !!

Room Tip: Stay at a different Hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear of your poor experience on your last visit. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at csac_lv@caesars.com. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,049)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'm here now at the Flamingo in a Fab Deluxe room. I have stayed here several times as its very reasonable and the rooms were renovated just a few years ago and previously have been quite nice. I knew there was trouble just stepping into the elevators which are scuffed with scratched walls, dirty floors and tarnished walls. Most of the buttons don't even light up.I booked a "Fab Deluxe" room--one of their newer nicer rooms. I think shab deluxe is more like it.
The bed was comfortable enough but as is typical with Las Vegas the lighting is awful. Additionally the door had cracks and peeling paint, the bathroom wallpaper was peeling by the floor and there were plenty of cracks in the floor tile.
The wall outlet covers are cracked and for some reason there is a dirty old power strip on the floor for charging multiple electronic items--would be better if it actually worked but it doesn't. The sink clogs in the bathroom and the shower is mediocre.
The Flamingo has a great location but as someone who travels here frequently for conventions I have to say this is not worth staying at. There are plenty of choices in Las Vegas much better than this. if you want cheap and don't care about anything else the Flamingo is for you. If you value other amenities look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We apologize for your disappointment in your room on your last visit. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. We have shared your comments with our Hotel Operations Management to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had to stay at the Flamingo for a conference for work. Room was decent (except the bathroom which looked very old and dirty). Lobby, casino and stores were acceptable. The problem is their awful customer service. At check in they were rude, seemingly annoyed when I asked some questions. My room was exposed to very loud music outside except from 3:00-5:00am. When I complained I was told they have never heard this complaint before, and they didn't believe me! What happened to "the customer is always right"? I asked others at the conference and several also mentioned loud music keeping them awake. Sorry, Flamingo, but people need to sleep more than two hours a night! I asked for earplugs to be provided and it took five phone calls to get management approval. Even ordinary hotels like Holiday Inn will provide earplugs no questions asked. I suggest you stay away from the Flamingo and stay somewhere that cares about their customers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience with and the music and the quality of service you encountered by our Front Desk. There is certainly no excuse for you not to receive the best service we have. We certainly could have done a better job trying to accommodate you. Your comments will be shared with our Hotel Operations Director in order to prevent future recurrences. Your business is appreciated. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future, so you can experience the truly great service we are capable of providing.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The original Las Vegas Hotel (now redone extensively, of course).
A great fun party place, decently priced (you better like the piped rock music)
Outdoor gardens/pool area are outstanding.
Rooms are a little strangely decorated, but windows are floor to ceiling which is nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Eagan, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Just returned from a great trip to Sin City but wish we had opted to stay elsewhere. We spent 5 nights at the Flamingo and were really disappointed in the accommodations. We arrived around 11:00pm on a Thursday and there were at least 70 people in the check in line - ended up doing express check in. After traveling all day it seemed the best option. However once we got to the room I think I should have waited. We ended up in the Habitat Tower - stepping on the elevator I knew we were in trouble. The elevators are filthy, sticky and needed rehab. As we step into the hallway the carpet is old, stained and rippled. Our whole floor smelled like weed. The smell literally was seeping into our rooms at night. We thought about moving but it is so much work especially with so many in our group. I noticed that some of the staff on our floor were wearing face masks....hmmmmm. Garbage sat in bags in the hallway until late at night. Our room was clean and updated but the bathroom was old, with stained ceilings and old appliances. Having stayed there a few years ago in the Spa tower this was shocking to me. I also went into another tower where the carpet needed work but it was WAY nicer.
One pool was open - the smallest one so there were 200 people packed in. I get they wait to open the pools until April but open the bigger pool not the small one. Also, the shuttle drop off was closed so we had to be dropped off well away from the hotel. I didn't expect a 5 star hotel but at least something that is clean. Casino itself was just fine. Great location. I am a Total Rewards member which allowed me great rates but next time I will just pay more and stay elsewhere. I brought a group of 10 with me and all were disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid Habitat Tower but if you cant stay in rooms on the odd side of the floor. We were on the 11th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the review. We were sorry to hear of your disappointment. We are committed to providing the quality service our valued customers expect and deserve. We greatly look forward to your return and our next opportunity to show you how much we enjoy having you as our guest!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Enjoyed stay at Flamingo. Went for a 4 day getaway. Everything was perfect, except for elevators. It was a long wait and elevators were scary. Some people got stuck. Also went to Legends concert at 4 pm on one day. It was very enjoyable. Marilyn Monroe, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson and Elvis - all were good with great voices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Chino Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

So relaxing and feels like you have stepped in to Hawaii meets Vegas.The food is amazing.only down fall is that the pools ate split yp between adults and famalies............wish the pools were just open to everyone to help w the crowding.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!