Our stay Thursday March 13, 2014-Sunday March 16, 2014.
Check in was easy, I am a platinum rewards member so I could use a “special line” we checked in around 9 p.m. We only had to wait about 2 minutes and the lady who checked us in was polite. After this our stay just went down hill.
Rm 24173 a mini suite.Our room at first we loved it but after we looked around it was discusting.
The room has floor to ceiling windows and overlooked the pools.There was a living room area and a king bed, the room does have a safe!
The room was a long walk from the elevator but that is normal in Vegas.
We found food (not complimentary snacks) on the floor and the bottom of the window frame. Water stains on the television stand/dresser ,and the white sheets are grey and old.
My wife took a shower, when she was done the water would not drain. I reached into the drain thinking the paper wrapping from the soap may be stuck in the drain. What I found was a large clump of dark black hair! (My wife is blonde).
We found Blood on the shower curtain, it was not our blood.
We took photos and went to guest services, she offered to change our room but honestly we were treated like they did not care.
LOCATION A+ Terrific right in the middle of the strip.
STAFF C most are rude and do not care. I could not even get a bottle of water from a waitress while I was playing a table game.
DRINKS C- most are weak and they try to give you the cheap alcohol thinking you will not know the difference.
FOOD D we did get ill after eating the Chinese in the food court. My wife waited for over 30 minutes at Johnny Rockets for a hot dog and fries and they were not busy. Pizza in food court was good .The Pizza place near the elevators, the portions are huge but it is bland.
CASINO B+ good variety of games and slots
ROOMS D+ mini suite was nice at first ,really disgusting after we looked around
OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a COMPED room through my total rewards and we got what we paid for. NEVER AGAIN will we stay here.
This was my 16th trip to Vegas. I stayed at The Quad (formally I.P.)many times.The Stardust (a month before they blew it up) Riviera, The LVH (formally Las Vegas Hilton,many times),the Excalibur and I even stayed at the Saharra a few times( now closed) and Never has it been so bad.
(Unfortunately I lost my iPhone on the plane ride home , I took some really disgusting photos of the room.)
MY ADVICE – STAY at ANOTHER HOTEL!!!
TIP: the best way to get to/from the airport is take a Taxi about $20 (tell the Driver NO TUNNEL)
TIP: we bought a 24 hr pass to ride the DEUCE(sit upstairs) & SDX public transportation you pick up the Deuce in front of Harra's it was a good easy way to get up/down the strip and downtown.
TIP: Go to Stratosphere Lounge 107 for Happy hour. 2 for 1 drinks and appetizers. FREE admission to the Tower if you tell them you are going to the restaurant/lounge.
TIP: go downtown in the evening. Interesting people. Mermaids Casino still uses old time coin machines and you can get a deep fried Twinkie or O.R.E.O. cookie !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Vegas.com, Otel, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Reservation Counter, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo