After reading some of the terrible reviews I felt compelled to share my thoughts and stick up for my favourite Vegas hotel.
I travel to Vegas at least once or twice every year and I love the Flamingo. I most recently traveled to Vegas Nov. 28 to Dec. 2, 2013 on my annual chick-a-palooza-shopping-extravaganza trip with my friend. I will be returning to Vegas in February with my spouse and in March with my daughter.
Please note that I'm not a princess when I travel. I don't want or need to be welcomed like royalty and I'm not interested in having the staff fawn over me. All I want is to be somewhere reasonably priced, safe, close to the strip, and clean and tidy. I absolutely do appreciate polite, courteous staff and I have no complaints about the Flamingo staff. I find if I treat people with courtesy and respect (especially if I am experiencing a problem) they will return the favour, and I am seldom disappointed.
I usually stay in a GO room and in recent memory I have always stayed in the Flamingo's renovated rooms. Even the renovated rooms can have some signs of wear now, but considering the some way people use and disrespect the rooms in Vegas hotels I'm not surprised. (I wouldn't want to be the housekeeping staff who have to clean up after some of the people who use Vegas hotels. The housekeepers are saints in my opinion.)
Is there the odd food service tray that someone puts out in the hallway because they don't want to look at it in their room and figure the rest of us should see it? Yup. Do I care? Not really, because I don't have to clean it up. Some member of the staff will pick it up when they see it. Problem solved.
You can't beat the location of the Flaming for access to everything. My fellow travelers are walkers, and we can easily walk anywhere we want to be in the surrounding area. We also use the bus system, and taxis on occasion.
The Flamingo has monorail access, and it's super easy to hop on the monorail and blast down to the MGM and back to the Flamingo when we attend concerts. With the Flamingo's close proximity to the Caesar's Forum Shops we are able to wander across the street to the Cheesecake Cafe, and we always feel very safe walking back to the Flamingo area when we return late at night as there are always lots of people out and about (safety in numbers!).
Is staying at the Flamingo comparable to staying at a higher-end, more expensive Vegas hotel? I'm guessing probably not, and I'm okay with that. I come to Vegas to enjoy the city, not to stay in my hotel room. For everything the Flamingo has to offer it will remain my Vegas go-to hotel and I would recommend it to any average traveler who wants value, good location, and a clean, safe place to stay in Vegas.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Vegas.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.