This was the first, and last time I would stay at the Flamingo. We decided to give this hotel a try, because they were offering significantly discounted room rates, and more importantly, were advertising having recently renovated many of the rooms. Sadly, it appears that renovations are far from complete.
The first night we arrived late (about 01:00), after having called ahead and reported that we would be checking in late. Upon checking in, we were informed that there were no more non-smoking rooms, but if we came down to the lobby the following morning, we could request a move to a non-smoking room. Well, as someone who has never smoked, this was absolutely disgusting. The room was just putrid. Everything had a strong smell of smoke and whenever the ventilation system would kick in, it would simply circulate the smell. It was so bad that my girlfriend and I each woke up numerous times throughout the night and found ourselves short of breath. As such, we awoke early, despite still being exhausted, and returned to the front desk to request a room change, which (it seemed to me) we were begrudgingly provided.
The new, non-smoking room was clean enough, with newly installed floor to replace the carpet, but the furniture was still older. Upon getting into this room about 11am, we called the front desk to request NO housekeeping for the duration of our stay, because our room did not have a "do not disturb" tag. Unfortunately, it seems this request went ignored. Because housekeeping came in our room the next day when we were not there; they also attempted to clean our room the third day, but we informed them we did not require housekeeping; and again on check-out day, they came knocking on our door before 9am, despite the fact that check-out was not until 11am.
Overall, I was less than impressed with the Flamingo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Vegas.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo