“Fabulous "Go Rooms" at Flamingo Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

HOT RATES! Rooms from $30
Ranked #129 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arizona
“Fabulous "Go Rooms" at Flamingo Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The "Go" Rooms are great. Flamingo has always been one of my favorites. I haven't been to Vegas in a few years. This year, my Daughter and I went out to celebrate her 30th Birthday.
We had a Blast...The Flamingo has redone their rooms....and they are great...a TV in the Bathroom mirror!!! Flat screen in the bedroom, automatic drapes, Fabulous Beds!!! Slept so
soundly, coffee maker and a fridge. (always good to have a place to keep water bottle Cold).
Their Pool area is Gorgeous! But Note: they do Add on a Recreation/Activity Surcharge of
$22.00 per day. Unfortunately, it was actually 'chilly' for Vegas Sept 10th & 11th...and it was
too cool/rainy to use the pools. But the Live Flamingos were there....I just love flamingos

Room Tip: Ask for a Go Room overlooking the pools!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,877)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

At some point, there is just no updating without demolition. My recent stay dealt with back-up alarms from construction vehicles (heard on the 23rd floor) before 6am! Lousy Internet service that was a pain in the butt to use, A dinner buffet that sucked - dried fish was very disappointing, Sub standard maid service - dust bunnies in the bathroom, a spilled shampoo stain from a mess I cleaned up but the floor there wasn't mopped once during the week we stayed, and who is the cheap [--] who thought single ply TP was a smart idea?? It stinks of cheap!! Lower than many on the strip but certainly NOT worth the price... I've had nicer hotel stays in Jersey and this is in Vegas?! My second and last stay at the Flamingo. Nice, helpful service folk but at some point a nice smile won't cut it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The renovated rooms are what you would expect for the rate but they are clean and have enough towels. What really annoyed me was that you couldn't bring your coffee and bagel purchased IN the Flamingo hotel into the pool area! Every hotel in LV allows this as long as it is purchased at a coffee place in the hotel. Especially when the bar by the pool doesn't offer coffee. The other issue we were having was the really loud music and dj by the pool making it impossible to even have a conversation with someone sitting next to you. Why do all these hotels feel these days that this is what their guests want!

• Stayed September 2013
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Catharine1234, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I read all of the reviews so I knew there would be some hiccups along the way staying here. I signed up for the Total Rewards credit card so I would get Platinum status, free 24 hour buffet of buffet pass for 2 and no resort fees. I called the hotel three times before checking in at 12:30 am on September 13th to confirm late check in. Plus, my room was prepaid. Sure enough, go to check in, they don't have my Go Room Deluxe with Strip View, 2 queen beds. The desk clerk tells me he's sorry, I tell him that I called why did they give my room away. He goes and talks to a manager and they can give me a Go room Suite with a King bed for one night but I have to move out by 1:00 pm that day. Really? That's the best they can do. I'm so tired I don't want to fight about it so I take the room. The room number is 17000. Seems clean but the air conditioner is leaking so the room has a dampness to it. We head out to explore get back to the room at 4:00 am and sleep until 8:00 am. Also read to get to pool before 9 or no chairs. Sure enough, get the pool at 8:45 am and can only find 4 chairs in the back in the shade. Make sure you bring your room key, ID and do not bring any food or drink. You can't bring anything in from the outside. The pool is very nice and I thought the music was good. (I'm in my 40's) My daughter and her friend who are 21 LOVED the pool. Lots of things going on especially after noon, the pool games start. The pool is geared toward the under 40 crowd but 40+ can still have a good time. Day beds are around $225 for the day and cabanas were $600 per day. This includes beer and a food credit. Because I was platinum status I used the Diamond/Platinum Status room off to the left of check in quite a bit. I also had my boarding passes printed at no charge. I was able to get room 20072 around 12:30. The room was clean and had a nice view but has a screen across the windows. It was a pain to have to move but we were planning on a pool day anyway. The staff was always nice and anytime I talked to housekeeping they were very helpful. All in all the staff is good. The hallway carpets are bad but what would they replace them with that could handle all of the people that treat the hallway as a toilet. In the elevator there were a group of guys so drunk they were spilling their drinks all over the floor and I really don't think the one guy made it to his room before puking all over the hallway carpet. Did a little gambling in the hotel but since I played the slots a few times and was never approached for a free drink, decided to gamble someplace else. I do want to note that there were times that the check in line had about 100 people in it with only 4 people at the counter. There are Kiosks that you can use to check in to the far right but I highly suggest getting the credit card before you stay so you can use the special check in. It's open from 8 am until 10 pm each day.

Room Tip: Go Room Deluxe, high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
lookinforsun, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have wanted to visit Las Vegas for a long time and this year got to go. I was not disappointed - Wow its as fabulous as they say and HOT even at night. You need sun cream and a hat. I would advise any visitor to stay at a hotel on the strip as it is better to be within walking distance of most of the large hotels and casino. The Flamingo was an ideal choice by our travel agent as she had been and had first hand knowledge of the area. It is more or less in the middle of the strip (or Las Vegas Boulevard to give it is proper title) and apart from the Stratesphere Hotel which I thought was not worth the visit unless you want to risk life and limb on the rides at the top or spend a fortune in the restaurant and which is at the north end of the strip the other hotels and shopping malls can be reached on foot. The Flamingo has a very nice foyer/reception area with bell hop desk, concierge desk, several places to eat with varying priced menus, shops and a beauty room which handed out free samples. It is not as pricey some others and, therefore, not so opulent but we only spent minimum time in the room which was large with a king size bed and spotless with clean towels every day and a large t.v. which offered hotel services as well as local and national news and other u.s. shows. Our room was in the main hotel block and at the rear of the building and it was quiet - we had no trouble sleeping It is definitely a walking holiday so you need comfy shoes as there is nowhere other than a few walls where you can sit and rest on the strip (they want you inside spending your money) and the only benches I saw were by the bus stops - one on either side of the strip - only a couple of hotels have seating where you can catch your breath and people watch - and boy are there people - everywhere is crowded but so huge you still have space to stroll. There is a monorail at The Flamingo but I wouldn't recommend having a weekly pass as everything is so close but its worth a visit to get a free copy of the Monorail magazine which shows where all the hotels are situated. We used it just a few times when we had done enough walking. The Flamingo staff were all very pleasant and helpful and when a reception clerk caused us a problem with our prepaid money card a hotel manager promptly came to our aid. She booked us complimentary tickets to The Jersey Boys show in Paris Hotel and wiped clean the bill for items we had charged to our room as an apology for the inconvenience we had been caused. For any return trips to the states I would always take dollars as the card company were not very helpful and we could have run out of money if it had not been for Raina Springmeyer. You have to visit the Cheesecake Factory inside Caesars Palace - Its almost impossible to choose which cheesecake to try. A trip to Fabulous Vegas over 5000 miles away HAS to include a helicopter flight to The Grand Canyon (we had the one with a champagne lunch at the canyon)and were collected and returned to the hotel by stretch limo- luxury. It's breath taking and no pictures can do it justice. Our travel agent booked it for us prior to departure date. Another DO NOT MISS is the "light show" at Freemont Street. WOW I was gobsmacked - its like calling Niagra Falls a fountain. I loved it. We took the bus for a few $ which drops you right at Freemont Street and the stop for return is outside Binnions. We have been back 2 weeks now but my head is still in vegas.!!!

Room Tip: We were asked when booking in for our choice of bed. we opted for a king size bed and were glad we d...
Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is probably the 5th time we have stayed at the Flamingo. Every time we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the hotel, however this time we didnt go for one of the upgraded "GO" rooms, just a normal grade "delux" room.

The actual room itself was fine, two great big beds in a massive room and the decor of the room was fine. What let it down was the bathroom. It looked like it hadn't been decorated in years with paint flaking off the units and just generally letting the whole thing down.

That said, we only paid $44 a night for our 5 night stay, so I suppose I cant complain too much. The hotel just looks old now and could do with a good make over.

Prices in Vegas itself we found have gone up especially for beer and you do have to hunt out the cheaper bars. Food in all the hotels and casinos on the strip were expensive but tasted good Downtown Vegas was cheaper and I would consider staying there next time we go out.

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade on the room like the "GO" rooms
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed in 2 rooms for a convention in September 2013. One room, on the 8th floor was very clean and smelled nice. The other room, on the 11th floor, was disgusting. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it reeked of smoke. The carpet all down the hall was rippled and badly needed to be replaced. Inside the rooms the beds were comfy. I liked the wood look flooring as it made the room feel cleaner. There was a pink faux fur throw on the bed that really skeeved me out thinking about the dirt and gross stuff that things been involved with.

The bathrooms are tired and need a refresh. The shower had good pressure but a bad shower head made for an unpleasant shower. The light fixtures were rusted at the bottom I assume due to the water used to clean them. The tiles in the bathroom are old and the bathrooms are very small.

Of all the casinos on the strip the Flamingo is not one I enjoy. The air is stale and smelly and the decor is dated. With lots of options steps away they should do something to make it nicer. Just an average hotel with an average casino. At least there is a monorail stop somewhat close. It's a hike but it is connected to the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you are clear if you want non-smoking.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!