“Not bad!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vernon, Canada
“Not bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Reading other reviews I was expecting far worse but was pleasantly surprised! Our room overlooked the habitat and pool area and was a renovated room. Check in was a horrible long wait but that is to be expected as going through other hotels on the strip there seemed to always be line ups at the front desk. Pool area was enjoyable. Would have been nice to have more food choices but the food court was in renovations so the only option was a pizza place that always had a huge lineup, one restaurant and the pub outside. There seemed to always be trash or dishes from room service in the hallway. The rooms weren't very sound proof and when the air conditioning came on it rattled the door so we felt like someone was always pulling on our door. Really enjoyed being centrally located and all in all I was happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
ann-marie c, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with Flamingo Las Vegas. We are pleased to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay. We do wish to apologize for the long lines that you experienced. We are constantly working to ensure each Guest has a memorable experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,044)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have consistently stayed at the Flamingo Hotel every 6+ months whenever I make a trek to see Celine Dion across the street at Caesars. I normally stay in the GO Room for 6-7 nights at time with friends or by myself, and each time, it's been pretty good. I travel on a hotel budget in Vegas and I choose the Flamingo for the prices (also great that I have a Total Rewards account) but primarily because of it's fantastic location & quick access to the Colosseum for me.

I really enjoy the GO Rooms for its features and bathroom, and I've been staying in the Spa Tower (just past the check-in & towards the porte-cochere). I've gotten partial views of the Bellagio fountains so that's a bonus! Housekeeping has been very consistent and good for me - so thank you! Haven't found anything too gross yet. I also clean up my own hair, so that's not an issue for me if I might see something that's not mine. The noise factor doesn't bother me too much since I sleep late and wake up early! Elevators have been zippy fast for me most of the time. Even better when I'm a solo rider!

To be honest, I don't hang out at the Flamingo much since I am everywhere else with my friends but it feels like home to me. I also don't gamble so I have no reviews on the tables or slots. I really enjoyed eating at Carlos N' Charlies and do not recommend the Paradise Garden Buffet. The food court is okay. Also haven't had the chance to hang out at the pool either.

I recommend signing up for the Total Rewards card as it has its perks and it really helps to get you checked-in faster in your own dedicated line! And I love using the self check-out kiosks. The front desk staff have been friendly and helpful to me each time. Thanks again! I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Location could not have been better on the Strip, room was comfortable with good views overlooking strip. However the included breakfast is a joke! Basically being a coffee and a danish and needing to stand in line for 20 min. Had to stand in line for about 1.5hours just to check in after a long flight that is something you don't need, also my kindle fire went missing from room not amused about that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Trisha100, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with Flamingo. We are pleased to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay. We do apologize for the extended wait times at check-in. Regarding the missing item from your room, please contact us directly at: http://czr.bz/148UP5y at your earliest convenience so that we can research this matter. We are constantly working to ensure each Guest has a memorable experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

- no parking available within a quarter mile
- could not use valet parking because not checked in; could not check in because I could not park
- over an hour to check in
- one day the room was not even serviced
- when they finally, after 2 days, replaced the broken desk lamp, it was delivered at 2 AM ... really?
- the costly hotel buffet was terrible, ... cold food in the hot line, and the drinks were not delivered until we complained to the manger ... twice; ... had to request the waiter remove dirty dishes
- service is a word they do not comprehend at this older hotel ... how do they stay in business?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ITPM, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us directly at: http://czr.bz/148UP5y at your earliest convenience to resolve this matter.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Location was great, right in the middle of the strip. Staff was nice. Hotel room was ok. They said they would hold a room next to our other family members but did not. We were several floors separated. Room was outdated and unattractive. Luckily we only slept and showered there. Elevators were very slow in the morning and evening. You have to get up EARLY to get a decent seat at the pool. From our chairs you couldn't even see the pool. Reasonable price but not sure I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
wampuscatfan, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Flamingo Las Vegas. We are pleased to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay. We do apologize for not being able to secure a room next to your family. We are constantly working to ensure each Guest has a memorable experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at one of the upgraded Go Suites before when they were freshly remodeled and they were nice. However this time I tried one of their "recently remodeled classic" rooms and their remodeling consisted of throwing down some cheap faux wood vinyl flooring and some paint. The furniture looked like it got kicked out of a really bad garage sale and the exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like there were two squirrels in there doing something freaky. I did have a wonderful view of a wall and an air conditioner though. I think I'll forego staying at the Flamingo again.

• Stayed June 2013
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
labsnbeagles, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us directly at: http://czr.bz/148UP5y at your earliest convenience to resolve this matter.
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Check in took forever but the room was worth the wait, Lovely big room very clean with a great view of the pool. Bad points to this hotel, When checking in we were told we needed to pay a resort fee? £20 dollars a night, I asked what this was for and was told if we wanted to use the pool area, gym and internet i would have to pay it, I've been all over the world but never have i had to pay to use the pool in the hotel i'm staying at!!! RIp Off!!!Apparently we had breakfast included in our hotel booking but no seemed to no where we could get our breakfast from! No coffee or tea making facilities in room unless we wanted to upgrade room for $45 per night and I no its Vegas but we had idiots running up and down outside our room screaming and shouting every night for the five nights we were there. was glad to leave Vegas great place but would never visit the city again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt L, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us directly at: http://czr.bz/148UP5y at your earliest convenience to resolve this matter.

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!