“Experience was OK.” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Experience was OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Arrived at the hotel late Friday afternoon, July 12. First of all, the parking lot is so stupid. It's a long walk from the hotel lobby and by the time we got there, the parking lot was nearly full that we had to park on the rooftop, which you have to walk up one staircase to get to. So instead, we had to valet. Valet was crrrraazy! It took about 15-20 minutes for our car to even reach a valet person. Then it took another 5-10 minutes for a bellman to come and help us with our bags. I'm not sure if it was because it was a Friday afternoon, but still-

The check in line was ridiculously long, however thankfully due to another review I read, I became a rewards member and got to stand in the MUCH shorter line. You should too! To become a rewards member, it took less than 5 minutes and got a $5 voucher and some other coupons... and that line was WAY shorter than the regular line. But anyway... front desk, the lady was not friendly at all... I asked for a strip view and offered paying more, but when she completed my transaction, I asked again to check if it was a strip view and she said no, it was a pool view. But by then I was already irritated with her snobby attitude and took the room anyways.

After reading some reviews, I upgraded my room to the GO King Room. It was so pretty! I loved it. I haven't seen the older rooms, but I do suggest upgrading and paying the extra price for the GO room. Everything was so pink and chic. I thought the TV in the mirror and speakers on the ceiling of the bathroom was pretty neat. I enjoyed having a refrigerator and the extra couch. I think our room was the only thing I really enjoyed here.

I suppose because the hotel has a great location and alright prices, that is why it is so damn crowded. In the lobby, there are a great number of elevators... however, I don't know why it takes so DAMN LONG for the elevators to come through. I swear each time I wanted to go up to my room from the lobby, I had to wait 10 or more minutes!

ANYWAY- my boyfriend and I had to check out Sunday. I actually wanted to do a late check out, but they told me the Flamingo does not do late check outs. (Ok, fine.) I stayed on the 18th floor, and apparently it seemed as if my whole floor was checking out the same day. It took more than 20 minutes for an elevator. Each elevator that came and stopped at my floor was PACKED! Crazy. So I had to catch and elevator down first while my boyfriend had to wait for another one. While on the elevator going down, I swear we stopped at every.single.floor! Each time we had stopped, we had to tell the other people sorry-our elevator was full.

The check in/out line was still ridiculously long, so instead I did the express check out with the kiosk.

Overall, I loved our room, but because it took so long all the time to go up and down the elevators, I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
christina n, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Flamingo. Customer feedback is vitally important to us. In fact, without seeing our world through the eyes of those who truly matter, our customers, we wouldn't be able to perform optimally. That’s why we want to be sure that every customer’s voice can be heard whenever there’s positive or negative feedback to be given. It is always customers like yourself that provide the very best ideas for how we can improve future experiences. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future. We are confident that your next experience visiting us will be enjoyable!

10,372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,039)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chillicothe, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had booked this hotel again because I had stayed here in April and had a wonderful time. Then I started reading some reviews on here and was scared that for some reason the hotel had totally fell apart since then. We arrived early and asked for early check-in. They said it would be an hour if I wanted to wait ...but I know a Las Vegas hour and the 30$ was well worth the time I saved by getting into a room. Sure it's a older hotel but room was clean, safe didn't work but had two guys putting a new door on in less then 45 minutes. We had room service for the first time and it was probably as cheap as trying to get into a restaurant at breakfast and the food was good. I'm not a frequent flyer to Vegas but have learned not to arrive in the afternoon at any hotel. Don't go on the weekend. Travel when kids are still in school. Every hotel had kids crawling everywhere! I thought they weren't allowed in casinos but I guess I was wrong. Be patient and just enjoy the time if you can. Will I go back to the Flamingo? You bet. Unless I have to extra funds to stay at a high priced casino.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
dlawhorn, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Flamingo. We are pleased to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced by your safe not working properly. We were happy to hear the issue was resolved. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Flamingo Hotel is very dirty and poor service. We came in for a wedding and after a long drive, took off our shoes when my bf barefooted stepped in semen on the floor next to the bed. Then we went into the bathroom to wash up and observed dried up blood stains, and pubic hair.
There was no closet for us to hang our suits and dresses in.

There is no cell phone service whatsoever in the rooms. You have to walk to at least the elevator to attempt to get service.

We advised guest services of the issues and they said they would have someone come up and clean the room. No one came up. When we went back down to complain the second night, the manager stated: "There is nothing i can do for you. "

Wow.. Never will we stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
kags06, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us directly at 877-716-4500, at your earliest convenience to resolve this matter.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for three nights, and most likely won't be staying here again anytime soon...

Lets start with PARKING... WOW, what a complete nightmare. I spent 55 minutes driving through the parking garage, out into the overflow lot, down to valet (which was full), and back into the parking garage. I finally caught two ladies leaving and was able to park. This delayed the start to my night and was extremely frustrating. I politely errored my grievances about the parking situation to the front desk supervisor, and all she said I could do was "fill out a comment card." It's pretty sad when you can't park at your own hotel, kind of a big problem, wouldn't you think?

Their pool is pretty cool though, and worth checking out especially if you like to party. It gets pretty crowded and by the end of the day it feels pretty nasty in there, but hey everyone is drinking and having a good time and it's Vegas, so go with it. The beds are also soft and comfortable. Location is great, right in the middle of the strip.

Hotel and casino are old and a drag....

Bottom line - only stay here if you don't have to park and if you get a really, really cheap rate. This hotel and casino will probably be a junk dive party hotel in a couple years.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a higher floor, and try to check in early so you can get a preference.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CyTCalifornia, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience with the parking garage. Unfortunately, there are times when our parking facilities cannot accommodate everyone who wishes to visit our property. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again so we can provide a more enjoyable stay.
nanaimo, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just stayed 2 nights in the basic "fab" room. Room was fine though bathroom a little dated and hot water a little hard to come by. The roar of the AC did drown out the construction noise below so that was good and we slept well. We had a quick dip in the pool, but it was seriously over crowded without a chair to be had and the water was luke warm so not refreshing anyway. We had originally booked 3 nights, but due to the 42+ degree heat wave, the general noise and ridiculously expensive food and drink in Vegas we opted to leave a day early. We were told that checking out a day early would incur another $5 charge and that we should just "leave" and check out once home, which we did without any hassle. We went for a wedding, otherwise probably would not have even gone to Vegas as the whole scene is just not us. But if you have lots of cash, like gambling and general mayhem the hotel itself is fine. Great location. Just not our cup of tea!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nanaimoite, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with Flamingo Las Vegas. Guest comments, like your own, are used in business and development decisions everyday and with so many changes coming in the future, comments and feedback are welcomed. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope to see you again.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Flamingo is what it is. Mid-Strip, not fancy, but not a dump. Fab Deluxe room was in good shape. No complaints on room. Carpets in hotel hallway were in decent shape (20th floor), and on two days of the 5 day stay, the carpet was being actively cleaned. Food carts were taken care of quickly.

Only hangup was the Bell Hop. The attendant didn't write down the number in house on my ticket to dial for the Bell Hop. So I used my cell to call...the guy answered the phone and said to redail 403 and promptly hung up. Didn't seem to make sense since I had him on the line already. Looks like they use the incoming call to identify the room number or something. Service otherwise was very good during my stay.

Pools were lively, and gaming was fair. Noise was heard a time or two from the pool/Carlos N Charlie, but not to the point it kept me awake.

Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I thought that I was getting a fairly good room price $50/night but then the hotel added "resort fees" of $20/night when you used their facilities or not. Also, the Flamingo did not offer or have microwave, refrigerator, or coffee/tea machine. I take this to mean that they want you to go down stairs and purchase you coffee/tea from their cafe/buffet. Please spend enough money in their casinos and it would be nice to have tea/coffee in your non-smoking room prior to going downstairs into the smoked-filled facility.

Also, we had no prior knowledge that the entire "food court" would be shut down for remodeling. This was a big inconvenience.

The pool was nice but they didn't let you bring any food in with you unless you had a "health condition". This is ridiculous!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!