Arrived at the hotel late Friday afternoon, July 12. First of all, the parking lot is so stupid. It's a long walk from the hotel lobby and by the time we got there, the parking lot was nearly full that we had to park on the rooftop, which you have to walk up one staircase to get to. So instead, we had to valet. Valet was crrrraazy! It took about 15-20 minutes for our car to even reach a valet person. Then it took another 5-10 minutes for a bellman to come and help us with our bags. I'm not sure if it was because it was a Friday afternoon, but still-
The check in line was ridiculously long, however thankfully due to another review I read, I became a rewards member and got to stand in the MUCH shorter line. You should too! To become a rewards member, it took less than 5 minutes and got a $5 voucher and some other coupons... and that line was WAY shorter than the regular line. But anyway... front desk, the lady was not friendly at all... I asked for a strip view and offered paying more, but when she completed my transaction, I asked again to check if it was a strip view and she said no, it was a pool view. But by then I was already irritated with her snobby attitude and took the room anyways.
After reading some reviews, I upgraded my room to the GO King Room. It was so pretty! I loved it. I haven't seen the older rooms, but I do suggest upgrading and paying the extra price for the GO room. Everything was so pink and chic. I thought the TV in the mirror and speakers on the ceiling of the bathroom was pretty neat. I enjoyed having a refrigerator and the extra couch. I think our room was the only thing I really enjoyed here.
I suppose because the hotel has a great location and alright prices, that is why it is so damn crowded. In the lobby, there are a great number of elevators... however, I don't know why it takes so DAMN LONG for the elevators to come through. I swear each time I wanted to go up to my room from the lobby, I had to wait 10 or more minutes!
ANYWAY- my boyfriend and I had to check out Sunday. I actually wanted to do a late check out, but they told me the Flamingo does not do late check outs. (Ok, fine.) I stayed on the 18th floor, and apparently it seemed as if my whole floor was checking out the same day. It took more than 20 minutes for an elevator. Each elevator that came and stopped at my floor was PACKED! Crazy. So I had to catch and elevator down first while my boyfriend had to wait for another one. While on the elevator going down, I swear we stopped at every.single.floor! Each time we had stopped, we had to tell the other people sorry-our elevator was full.
The check in/out line was still ridiculously long, so instead I did the express check out with the kiosk.
Overall, I loved our room, but because it took so long all the time to go up and down the elevators, I don't think I will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo