“Staycation” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Henderson, Nevada
“Staycation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Flamingo has what they call "Best Rate Guarantee" which means if you see the room rate any cheaper on say a third party site or even on their own site then they will adjust the rate you booked it at originally. I booked our room for one night about 10 days before, every couple of days I re-checked the rates and a few days before our arrival, it went down $30. I called the Flamingo room reservations and told them the rate had changed, with no questions asked, they changed the rate to reflect the lower rate. Previously, I also joined their rewards program (which I would encourage everyone to do, regardless of which hotel in Vegas you stay at or whether you intend to gamble or not) so, when I went to check in at 4 pm on a Saturday and the line was miles long, I was able to get in the "Rewards" line which only had 2 people waiting, it was great! The woman who checked me in, was very pleasant, had a smile on her face, she noticed we were local and asked if we were there for a special occasion and I told her were just staying overnight because we were seeing Ron White at another hotel and didn't want to worry about driving home, she was excited for us and told me if we planned on using the pool the next day, to be sure and enter the pool with our room key before we checked out since the room keys are deactivated when you checkout. I thought that was very nice of her, she could have left that part out and we wouldn't have been able to enjoy the pool all day. Our room was a Fab deluxe and it was very nice. The king size bed was great, good mattress, lovely linens, the room was decorated nicely and was quite large. The bathroom was fine, nothing wrong with it but it seemed a little small and unimpressive in relation to the room itself but, other than that, no complaints. We ate our dinner before the show at Marrgaritaville located at the hotel and it was fun! Lots to look at, food was good, waiter was friendly and attentive, and the prices were affordable. The next day we went to the pool and had a great time, very lush surroundings, they have the usual Las Vegas stuff i.e. Cabanas and Couches for rent but we opted for just the regular lounge chairs. It was pretty crowded when we go there at 10 am and was not easy to find chairs but after a couple times around the area we finally did. I would suggest if you intend to do the pool that you have someone in your group go down when the pool opens and place the complimentary towels and maybe some flip flops on the chairs to hold them. There is a sign posted that says "No saving lounges" but clearly it is not enforced. All in all, it was a very nice staycation. The Flamingo is very well located, within easy walking distance to everything and the Monorail is also right there if you want to go a little further. We would absolutely stay at the Flamingo Las Vegas again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,168)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
South Bend, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Could not believe how dirty the hallways were in the hotel - Carpets were filthy and food trays left out for days...If you could get the TV to work you were lucky. The noise levels were way out of control in the hallways. The pool closes way too early and bar service if you were not young and flirty was very rude!

Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked a Deluxe Double Queen. Great advertisement about remodeled room. Which it was...the room. The bathrooms, however, NOT. We had mold and mildew in the shower, on the shower curtain liner, and in the sink. Rust in the sink too. The fixture was pretty bad as well. The wall vent? OMG! Not sure what the cleaning crew does other than make your bed and put out new towels...Oh wait... that IS all they do. The air-con also dripped all over the floor as well. Floors were never swept, the batteries from the tv remote were gone, the clock didn't work even when plugged in. Yay for cell phone alarms! It was also NOISY on the 8th floor. You get all the teenie-boppers partying until 3 am.

We talked to a WONDERFUL gal at the front desk.....Dalila. She actually took the time to bring out a book showing us that next time we should book a Go room, which are all updated. She took the time to explain that they were still working on getting the bathrooms remodeled in the Deluxe rooms. Now THIS is my classification of Good Customer Service. SHE deserves a raise for her sterling service.

One last item of note is shuttle service. With the construction of that Ferris-wheel, most shuttle services cannot drop you at the door. SO! Be prepared for a walk...UP HILL....in the heat.

I would have given the hotel a 1 star rating if not for Dalila. Will review again if we stay here for our next trip.

Room Tip: Go for the Go Rooms! They are all updated!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friends and I normally stay at Rio, but wanted to stay on the strip for this girls' trip. We stayed at the Flamingo for its location. It was absolutely fine for the low prices---we weren't expecting too much. Our room had a great view, new flooring and updates (except for our very old bathroom). It was very clean. I cannot say the same for the elevators or hallways the 4 days we were there though. It was a very busy weekend for Vegas as EDC was happening. However, you would think that some basic vacuuming could occur for the elevators and our hallway (I saw the same pieces of paper and tissue stuck on both of these for our entire stay) as well as the same food trays from earlier in the day sat on the hallway floor for at least 12 hours.

We still had a good time, good customer service and good meals. The location is definitely the biggest perk at the Flamingo as well as Margaritaville!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

There were 12 of us that went to celebrate our 40th Birthdays as a big group. We booked 6 rooms and even upgraded one room to a suite. They could have cared less!! Not to mention check in was ridiculous! Took a half an hour and there were only 2 people in front of us. I have never stayed at a Total Resorts property prior to this stay. Had always been a MGM player, but one of the people going encouraged us to try the Flamingo. I gave in mainly because of the pool, which I will say was very nice. That is the main reason I gave in. The service was poor at Sin City bar and at the buffet, which wasn't great either. I couldn't get a drink to save my life at Sin City. I was playing one of the video poker machines, which meant it should have been FREE. I asked 4 times and still couldn't get one, so I left. The rooms were average at best. There was a nice stereo and a mini refrigerator. I felt like we were criminals when going to the pool as they searched our bags. Had to buy their drinks which were $7.00 for a beer, $4.00 for a 16 oz soda and $15.00 for a drink. OUTRAGEOUS!! The location of the hotel is nice being central. Then the best part...we go to check out and they say you have $16.00 in comps....REALLY? 5 days at their hotel, multiple meals and gambling every day with 10 other people. INCONCEIVABLE and insulting really. We went to see the host and she ended up comping $64.00. Still not good as I am used to the friendliness and generosity of MGM players. That being said I will never stay there again. The Mirage and Bellagio are my new favorites and hope that MGM will continue to offer free rooms and much better comps.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location of this hotel is awesome, however, I would rather pay more money to stay in a nicer hotel. The hotel is outdated and doesn't have much to offer. Check in took forever. We got to our room to find that the safe was broken. I called to the front desk and they were sending engineering up. You have to stay in the room for engineering to fix the safe. After waiting 1 1/2 hrs we gave up and just headed out. I did not want to waste my trip sitting in the room. They eventually showed up about 3 hours later and left a note on the door saying we needed to be there. The next day I tried calling the manager on duty, never got an answer. Went to the front desk and they would not let me talk to the manager. They had me stay in a defective room and wanted me to waste my time for their mistake, waiting for engineering. Thats not acceptable. Front desk would switch me rooms but I needed to do that during the hours of 12-1, which we had prior plans and couldn't do that. No one was helpful or nice about the situation. I would never stay at this hotel again or would never recommend it to anyone.

Green Features: This hotel tries to be green by not changing sheets and replacing only towels that are left on the floor which is great. If they really want to be great at this they should fix the leaky faucets. Our shower faucet leaked a steady stream the entire time we were there, 3 days.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My first visit ever to Las Vegas and I loved it. Stayed at the Flamingo Hotel. My room didn't have the best view, but that is okay. Hotel room was spacious and comfortable, as well as nice and cool considering it was HOT outside. I would stay here again in the future. Check in fairly easy, check out was great. (used the box to drop keys and leave)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!