Las Vegas Trip Report – 05/15 to 05/20 @ Flamingo
We decided to try the Flamingo this trip due to price & location. Previously we had been loyal to Mandalay for the pool & beach. Our group had a variety of rooms, but I opted for a Go-Mini-Suite, which I highly recommend.
Check in was smooth at 10:30 a.m. We hung out at Carlos & Charlies until the keys were ready at 12:30, and hit the pool by 1 p.m. The pool ROCKS !! Getting a spot mid-day was challenging. For the rest of the stay I was up early and in line to secure prime real estate each a.m. The pool bars were having happy hours til noon, where buckets of 5 beers were only $20. Reg price is $35. The pool scene kept on getting hotter and hotter as the weekend approached, and was in full tilt on Saturday, with a Booty contest.
We always hit Ellis Island our first night for the home brews, gambling, and the steak special.
The Absinthe show at Caesar’s courtyard (in a big tent) came HIGHLY recommended, and it did not disappoint. The only way I can describe it is if Lisa Lampanelli put on her own Zumanity show. It was deliciously naughty.
Unfortunately Bill’s was closed for remodel, but we found that Big Elvis is doing shows at Harrah’s. We hit that and the AWESOME Dueling Piano Twins later that night.
I had never been to the CityCenter complex before so we walked thru Aria, VDara, and settled down for some drinks at Cosmo. The blueberry mojitos at the way back bar should not be missed. We did hit MIX at THEHotel one evening for a work event gig. The views are stellar.
As for my suite at Flamingo, I’d go back, but I’d really stress to get strip-view. I had requested, but didn’t get on this trip. The pool view was ok, but on Fri & Sat you can hear music til 3 a.m.
The food court in the hotel had HUGE deli subs, ok Asian, great pizza slices, and a Johnny Rockets burgers.
There was single-cup coffee maker in the room, but it wasn’t Keurig. There was also a mini-fridge. Check out was a breeze, and near the taxi-stand you can have your bags held. We were going to taxi to the airport, but the bell stand guy pointed to the black shuttle that’s only $7/head to get to the airport. Very nice.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, PointsHound, Olotels, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.