I'd like to start off by saying I don't stay at super high-end resorts in Vegas. My preferred hotel is the MGM -- nothing too fancy. I recently went to Vegas and my friend took care of booking the hotel so we stayed at the Flamingo. Never again.
The hotel is dated and badly needs a facelift. Check-in/out times are odd (4pm and 11am, respectively) which is surprising for Vegas as most hotels do 3pm and noon. Anyway, the early check-in fee was something like $30 or $40, which I don't understand -- nobody is using our reserved hotel room anyway, so why do we need to pay extra to enjoy it an hour earlier if it's ready? Unfortunately, the nickel-and-diming didn't end there. When we asked for a third room key they said it would be an extra $30 as well!
The room itself was below average for a Vegas hotel: linoleum floors, rusting bathroom fixtures, no fridge, very few lamps, and a lovely view of the condemned hotel next door.
The service was poor and it was incredibly difficult to get in touch with the front desk, room service, etc. from the room's phone.
The location is good (right across from Caesars), however, it's on the seedier side of the Strip, attracting more derelicts, transients and creepers than Caesars Palace does right across the
In the end you simply don't get what you pay for. Never again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Vegas.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo