We were a little concerned by some of the reviews of this hotel before our trip but we needn't have worried - we loved the Flamingo! We have stayed in Vegas many times but this was our first time at this hotel. We booked 3 nights in April about 8 months in advance and upgraded to a Go room at a great rate. The room was spacious, clean and contemporary with a small fridge, coffee maker and tv screen in the bathroom mirror.
We didn't spend time around the pool, which is unusual for us, but it was very busy by the time we got there on our first full day and the music was a little overpowering so we decided to try it early the next morning instead. Unfortunately the next day was rather dull and a little cool so didn't end up round the pool at all!
The location of the hotel is perfect, though there was major building work going on at Bill's Gambling Hall next door which meant we were woken up around 6am each morning because we were on that side of the building. To be honest we didn't mind because we wanted to get the most out of our time there so had planned on getting up early anyway. The great floor to ceiling windows gave us a partial view of the strip and enabled us to sit and drank coffee watching the work going on whilst we came round each morning!
The only disappointment for us wasn't really the hotel's fault - one of the attractions of the place on previous trips had been the Sin City Brewery bar in the shopping area of the hotel at the back of the casino who used to offer 2 jugs of beer for $15 and we were looking forward to enjoying this right on our doorstep before turning in for the night - however all good things come to an end and this offer had morphed into $25 for one jug and 2 shots of whisky - not the same thing at all! Oh well, just a small point which doesn't reflect on the hotel at all really - we would definately recommend this place and in particular the Go rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Vegas.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Otel, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo