“Great stop after a Cruise!” 5 of 5 stars

HOT RATES! Rooms from $31
Ranked #130 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Great stop after a Cruise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

After returning from our 14 Day Hawaiian Cruise, we stopped in at the Flamingo Hotel & Casino on the drive home. It was a perfect first night stop and was just everything we expected. We get "Comp" rooms so the cost was minimal. Obviously we have stayed with the Harrah's group before and have never been disappointed with any of the facilities in any of the locations.The hotel is older (but it is in a constant state of "Upgrade"), with lots of bright pink to match the "flamingo" theme and the rooms are wonderful. When we travel we always include a night or two along the way if it's convenient. They always treat us great. It will always be "High" on our list of favorites hotel/casinos. Don't forget Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,492)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Went to the Flamingo because we went with another couple and she wanted to stay there because of the pool. The pool has a DJ on the weekend and was a lot of fun. It opens at 8 and you need to be there at 8 or soon after. By 9 the chairs are gone. They walk around and take towels off the chairs of people who are not there so you can't save any. During the week it doesn't matter. Only the weekends are a problem. Ordering food at the pool is a little challenging. Took a long time and the waitresses don't seem to have a clue as to what's going on. The rooms are average at best. The rooms are updated but the bathrooms are still old and ugly. Bed felt comfortable when I went to bed but woke up with back issues every day. Pleasantly surprised at the work out facility. They had lots of free weights, treadmills, elipticals and other things. The equipment was in good shape. The elevators remind me of the Tower of Terror ride in Disney. The hotel is average at best. We spent one day at the Cosmpolitan pool and another day at Caesars pool. The old saying "you pay for what you get" is absolutely true!

Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had my doubts about the Flamingo hotel before I got there, mostly because there were a lot of average and bad reviews about it, but I decided to try it anyways. When I got there, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is older, with lots of bright pink to match the "flamingo" theme, but the rooms are wonderful.

I stayed in the Deluxe Go Room, and it was wonderful. The only complaints that I had were in the bathroom: 1) The door doesn't have a lock, but it just slides shut, 2) The shower is a standing glass box, which is kind of freaky, and 3) the hair dryer was broken so I had to get another one. The hair dryer is more of an inconvenience than a real problem, but it was awkward in the morning.

Other than that, the hotel was really nice. There are several restaurants in site, including a food court. The food court is open until the wee hours of the morning, which is useful for those who need midnight milkshakes at Johnny Rockets.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again. I enjoyed the room, and the staff were friendly enough. The only thing that discouraged me were the Wyndam timeshare people in the lobby. They are aggressive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Portland OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Because of reviews I had read, we upgraded to the Go Deluxe from the Fab. It was fine for the rate. If you look too closely you can see shoddy work, but it was clean and roomy and served its purpose well. We rarely heard others. (we were on the 22nd floor facing away from the strip) The beds were comfy and housekeeping was great. We ordered room service one morning and after an hour and 10 minutes, called to check on it to find out they were running behind (I think they forgot us, really) so we canceled. Eh, it happens. Good thing there are plenty of food options on site. We skipped the pool after hearing awful music blaring and seeing massive crowds but be sure to swing by and see the lovely flamingos and exotic birds hanging out around the corner. We had no line at check in (Saturday @ 6:00pm) but saw many a looong line in passing throughout our stay so beware of that. Such a great central strip location, over all a good experience.

Ramona, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was so excited to return to the Flamingo. I have been coming here since my 21st B-Day and was returning for my 33rd. Lets start with the front desk. We booked a room with a strip view, they tried to put me in a room with a view of the dilapidated hotel next door and CONSTRUCTION! When I explained that I had reserved and PREPAID for a room with a strip view I was rudely told that they had no rooms with a strip view, but offered one with a garden view, no discount, nothing. After letting them know how unhappy I was about this I was offered a whopping $10 credit towards the resort fee. At that point I just wanted to get to my room so I accepted. The hotel is dirty. The elevator doors that lead up to the rooms all look like they have had about 50 snot rockets blown all over them. The carpet in the hallways is coming up, dirty, and bumpy. There was a empty fire extinguisher case in the hallway outside of my room (safety first!). Now onto the room itself. At first look it seemed nice. I like the retro look of the lamps and the nice lounger by the window. The view was decent, we could see the flamingos and the coy pond. But upon further inspection the room was FILTHY. The bathroom had mold and rust spots all over the place. The ceiling above the tub was covered in disgusting stains and looked like it could fall down on me at any second. There were piles of dirt and grime in all of the corners, and mold all over the grout. There was also a blood like mystery stain by the vent over the bed. All and all I'm very disappointed both in the service (rude!!!) and cleanliness of this hotel. When we go back in a few months I will avoid this place like the plague. It's really sad that such a great old hotel has gone so far downhill.

grottoes, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Flamingo for 4 days in early April. We got to the hotel around 9 p.m. on Monday and the check-in line was crazy long. I had read online that there are Express check-in/check-out kiosks so my husband got in line and I went to check on the Kiosks. I found a row of Computers that were empty so I tried one. It let me get pretty far into a self check-in then said there were none of the type of rooms we had reserved. There was a young gentleman behind the counter and when I got his attention he came to help.

I have read on here that if you book through a third party they won't upgrade you.....we did not have that problem. Even though we booked through Travelocity, Kenneth (the nice young man behind the counter) gave us an upgrade to an awesome suite! No charge!!

We were done with check-in in about 10 minutes. So the Express Check-in kiosks were the way to go.

Our room was on a high floor. It was a GO suite. Tons of space, the bed was super comfy. Granite counters and a coffee maker and a fridge. We had a great view of the Fountains at Bellagio. A sofa sat in front of floor to ceiling windows to watch the fountains. The bathroom was awesome. Separate shower and tub...lot of granite (marble?). The bathroom mirror had a TV in it! There were 3 TV in our suite! lol

We were on a pet friendly floor but it was clean and there was no pet smell. The elevators were clean and fast.

Everything was really clean. Housekeeping came every day and did a fine job. We tipped her every day.....

The casino is small but clean. Didn't win, but did't care! The pizza slices at The Pizza Joint are huge....about 1/4 of a large pizza. Definitely enough for 2 people to share. There is a beer store by the front door. Much cheaper to go here and buy beer than to get it at a bar.

The pool looked lovely even thought it was too cold to enjoy it while we were there. And as always....the flamingos in the garden habitat were the best! I love going down to watch them.

Finally....Thank you Kenneth for upgrading us to that awesome room.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed in Las Vegas in February 2013, for a week. We chose the Flamingo based on the rates and location. Staying at the center of the strip of $30 a night was hard to pass up, expecially when there were 6 of us travelling. We stayed in the renovated FAB rooms in the spa tower, and they were nice. The fan in one of the rooms was very noisy, we could not leave it on. It sounded like we were staying at the airport. The bathrooms are in need of a renovation but overall we clean and worked well enough for us. The walls are quite thin and you can hear people in the hallways and the other rooms, but I find that happens in many hotels. Check in was a breeze, we showed up right at 4, but we did notice that as we were headed back to the casino aroud 4:30 the line up was incredibly long. The casion is very smoky and older, in need of some updating but we just gambled at other casinos instead of dwelling on it. The location can't be beat though. Center strip! When we booked we were told the pools would be open. As we were travelling from -40 weather this option was very appealing. However when we arrived we were tod that none of the pools at the flamingo were open and we would have to go to Paris to use their pool. This was not a deal breaker, but it would have been nice to have been given the correct informaion the first time. I probably wouldn't stay here again, we spent most of our time at the north end of the strip so we would stay closer next time. If you can get a good deal then stay but I wouldn't pay regular price for this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family