“Good Value” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Good Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed in Las Vegas in February 2013, for a week. We chose the Flamingo based on the rates and location. Staying at the center of the strip of $30 a night was hard to pass up, expecially when there were 6 of us travelling. We stayed in the renovated FAB rooms in the spa tower, and they were nice. The fan in one of the rooms was very noisy, we could not leave it on. It sounded like we were staying at the airport. The bathrooms are in need of a renovation but overall we clean and worked well enough for us. The walls are quite thin and you can hear people in the hallways and the other rooms, but I find that happens in many hotels. Check in was a breeze, we showed up right at 4, but we did notice that as we were headed back to the casino aroud 4:30 the line up was incredibly long. The casion is very smoky and older, in need of some updating but we just gambled at other casinos instead of dwelling on it. The location can't be beat though. Center strip! When we booked we were told the pools would be open. As we were travelling from -40 weather this option was very appealing. However when we arrived we were tod that none of the pools at the flamingo were open and we would have to go to Paris to use their pool. This was not a deal breaker, but it would have been nice to have been given the correct informaion the first time. I probably wouldn't stay here again, we spent most of our time at the north end of the strip so we would stay closer next time. If you can get a good deal then stay but I wouldn't pay regular price for this one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,912)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
North Salt Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I needed to stay in Las Vegas in December for a few days. This was a part of a package deal from my airline. I did some research and it seemed like a good value. to be completely honest I was not impressed right at first. It was a long walk in from the tower parking and like many of the Strip Hotels all of the glamour was out in front. it was a bit dirty and I the line for check in was pretty long. From that point however things got much better. I was upgraded to a very nice room on the highest floor with a great view at no extra cost. the room was very nice, very new, comfortable and quiet. a bit if a hike but what else can you expect? I'd stay here again. I like not having any hidden fees at check out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

From the front, it's all business, or in this case, is normal. Old school Las Vegas hotel, one of the few left. Working hotel, working casino, nothing extravagant, but nice. Some upgrades in the main levels, but you know by looking at it what it is. We booked a GO luxury room with view. Great room! Great view of the fountains at the Bellagio, lots of space, comfy room, modern, sheak, very party-esque! You know, the back of the mullet. The staff that we did need was helpful and attentive, but they weren't needed much. Small casino, small shopping area, nice habitat and pool area and great bar at the Cut Steakhouse that had 2 for 1 Martinis durning the day! Ask or Linda, she was awesome! All in all, the flamingo is what it is, less expensive, less flare, less wow factor, but great location! We would stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013
Cleveland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I changed hotels this trip based on comps. Meaning where I could go for free or insanely reduced price. So with that said, the cost was right! Let me start with the likes. I liked the pool, and I won bank in the casino. On to the dislikes. The hotel is horrible to navigate to the room. There is 2 banks of elevators for the entire facility. Albeit, they are fast and efficient, we hardly every waited for a elevator. The rooms are average, they were clean, and nicely decorated. I hated the pillows, they were small, but I'm a big pillow fan and I like to squish and hug them to mold to my head and body, so it was a negative in my book. I couldn't get on the Internet, but I'm a complete computer moron. I have an iPad and it was something in my browser. The hospitality people walked me through the process and boom, I had Internet! The biggest dislike that will keep me from coming back was the entire check in process. If your not a player card member (thank God I am) you stood in this horrific line, the process was OMG slow, and I had to pay $30 together my hotel key early! WTH! I wasn't lugging my luggage for 5 hours, restanding in a line to get my room key at 4pm ect. Ain't happening! This will keep me from ever staying there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
jupiter FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Let me start by saying -I have been a big fan of the Flamingo for years - the location is mid strip, the pool in the past has been great and since most times we are comped a few nights it is a good deal. So this time again - the price was right with a Sunday comp and low rates for the rest of the weekend. That is where the good stuff ends. We checked into a room in the spa tower - I will say we have never been in this section before. I thought the Flamingo had gone through a full remodel - not this tower - old dingy carpet in the halls with walls in need of paint etc. we got to our room - new floor, laminate - a new chair - but old headboard and dresser. Ok whatever - I would go with it - but clearly not as pictured on the web for this type of room - NO remodel of the bathroom - so still stuck in the 70s/80s - plus a bit of rust.......... But the kicker - an adjoining door with no sound proofing whatsoever - yes we are in Vegas - yes , I know people drink - yes I know they party - but we had a 15 person plus party at 2 am and 6 am next door - we would have been tolerant of one or the other - bit it was clear the room next door was past max capacity and they were staying for the long haul. Call the front desk when the 6am party started to change rooms - cant do that until 11 am - so we went to breakfast - but not before seeing spill on the wallpaper in that room - next room was slightly better because the partiers on this floor were across the hall - but the bathroom was worse. Now I usually will say - what the rooms don't have the pool makes up for - not any more - they are now selling space at the pool - so when we went down for a little break from the noise at either room - there was not a chair or spot to be found at the pool - sorry but if I am paying for a room - there should be enough chairs at the pool even if they are in the shade - but instead they are trying to make 10 bucks a head off slightly over 21 yr olds. So now they have lost all our future money as I could not even find a spot on the ground to sit. Just done - bad sloppy remodel on the standard rooms and no room for guests at the pool - no location could make up for much off this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff was nice and knowledgeable. Good location on the strip. I was able to get a quieter room facing the strip away from the construction and on a high floor. At first glance, the room looked fine. After a closer look, the furniture was mismatched and did not go with the modern theme they were trying to pull off.
The bathroom was not updated either. We had a leaky foscset. Told maintenance about it but no one came.
For the price, I expected it to be a bit nicer. The location is good and the buffet is ok. Go in just before dinner. Pay for lunch but eat the dinner buffet. Will save you some $$$$.
The gym is $10 a day per person. Not cool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Really can,t beat the location. Once construction is completed around it should be better. Decent hotel prices. Comfortable rooms, especially go room. Service could be better. Pool area nice but congested. Unfortunately in attempts to keep non guests out the pool area, the beautiful outside area has ugly gates and paths to nowhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!