“Will pass next time” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Texas
“Will pass next time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I changed hotels this trip based on comps. Meaning where I could go for free or insanely reduced price. So with that said, the cost was right! Let me start with the likes. I liked the pool, and I won bank in the casino. On to the dislikes. The hotel is horrible to navigate to the room. There is 2 banks of elevators for the entire facility. Albeit, they are fast and efficient, we hardly every waited for a elevator. The rooms are average, they were clean, and nicely decorated. I hated the pillows, they were small, but I'm a big pillow fan and I like to squish and hug them to mold to my head and body, so it was a negative in my book. I couldn't get on the Internet, but I'm a complete computer moron. I have an iPad and it was something in my browser. The hospitality people walked me through the process and boom, I had Internet! The biggest dislike that will keep me from coming back was the entire check in process. If your not a player card member (thank God I am) you stood in this horrific line, the process was OMG slow, and I had to pay $30 together my hotel key early! WTH! I wasn't lugging my luggage for 5 hours, restanding in a line to get my room key at 4pm ect. Ain't happening! This will keep me from ever staying there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,673)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
jupiter FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Let me start by saying -I have been a big fan of the Flamingo for years - the location is mid strip, the pool in the past has been great and since most times we are comped a few nights it is a good deal. So this time again - the price was right with a Sunday comp and low rates for the rest of the weekend. That is where the good stuff ends. We checked into a room in the spa tower - I will say we have never been in this section before. I thought the Flamingo had gone through a full remodel - not this tower - old dingy carpet in the halls with walls in need of paint etc. we got to our room - new floor, laminate - a new chair - but old headboard and dresser. Ok whatever - I would go with it - but clearly not as pictured on the web for this type of room - NO remodel of the bathroom - so still stuck in the 70s/80s - plus a bit of rust.......... But the kicker - an adjoining door with no sound proofing whatsoever - yes we are in Vegas - yes , I know people drink - yes I know they party - but we had a 15 person plus party at 2 am and 6 am next door - we would have been tolerant of one or the other - bit it was clear the room next door was past max capacity and they were staying for the long haul. Call the front desk when the 6am party started to change rooms - cant do that until 11 am - so we went to breakfast - but not before seeing spill on the wallpaper in that room - next room was slightly better because the partiers on this floor were across the hall - but the bathroom was worse. Now I usually will say - what the rooms don't have the pool makes up for - not any more - they are now selling space at the pool - so when we went down for a little break from the noise at either room - there was not a chair or spot to be found at the pool - sorry but if I am paying for a room - there should be enough chairs at the pool even if they are in the shade - but instead they are trying to make 10 bucks a head off slightly over 21 yr olds. So now they have lost all our future money as I could not even find a spot on the ground to sit. Just done - bad sloppy remodel on the standard rooms and no room for guests at the pool - no location could make up for much off this.

West Palm Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff was nice and knowledgeable. Good location on the strip. I was able to get a quieter room facing the strip away from the construction and on a high floor. At first glance, the room looked fine. After a closer look, the furniture was mismatched and did not go with the modern theme they were trying to pull off.
The bathroom was not updated either. We had a leaky foscset. Told maintenance about it but no one came.
For the price, I expected it to be a bit nicer. The location is good and the buffet is ok. Go in just before dinner. Pay for lunch but eat the dinner buffet. Will save you some $$$$.
The gym is $10 a day per person. Not cool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Really can,t beat the location. Once construction is completed around it should be better. Decent hotel prices. Comfortable rooms, especially go room. Service could be better. Pool area nice but congested. Unfortunately in attempts to keep non guests out the pool area, the beautiful outside area has ugly gates and paths to nowhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I first stayed here after they remodeled a few years ago, the rooms were nice, and my mom even ended up going back later that year. The last time I stayed here there was blood on the shower curtain, and they were hesitant to even move rooms once we requested another. The floor we were on was disgusting and more than one neighbor was blasting music for hours. Maybe it's fine if you're drunk and just don't care where you're staying. I'm rating this with a two, only because the location is convenient and I enjoyed it the first visit, however, the years have not been kind.

Room Tip: Don't get the cheapest rooms if you want to be able to relax in your room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Johnstown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Flamingo for 5 days. Here is the list of the pros and cons:
PROS: The location is fantastic. The price for the room was low. The adult pool was gorgeous and kept very clean. The breakfast buffet was large and the food tasted good. The floor to ceiling windows provided a nice view. I liked that the room did not have carpet. Front desk staff was friendly and courteous. The wildlife habitat was very unique.
CONS: Poor building security-did not see any security at all the 5 days we were there. Anyone can access the elevators that lead to the rooms. Our room had a large group of young guys staying next door and they got loud and rowdy every night/morning and nothing was ever done about it. The room needs serious updating. The bed and dresser were pretty beat up. No coffee maker in the room??? What's up with that??? They are cheap !!! Our sheets were not being changed each day. We called the front desk and they had them changed for us but how often are they not changing the sheets in all the rooms and you don't even notice. The annoying time share people outside the elevators bugging you every single day. ANNOYING
The tv in our room was old and we only got about 15 channels. This was a problem for my husband since he gets up early and watches tv while I sleep. Bed was hard as a rock.

All in all it was a decent place to stay at a good price. It has it's issues but we enjoyed our stay.

Mackinaw, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We purchased through the Allegiant website and upon check in, were advised "because we booked an Allegiant package, we were not eligible for any upgrades". We said we didn't expect them free and would pay but were told no. We then asked for at least a nice view and were again told "no, you booked through a third party and are not eligible". Punished for not using Flamingo directly is what this sounds like. Our room was BARE BONES. No blankets, no shampoo/conditioner, no soap, no ice bucket. I complained to the mgr and was told "the lady who checked you in is used to dealing with "Allegiant clientele . . ". Excuse me? Allegiant clientele?? What is that?? Manager also advised me that most people don't come to Vegas to stay in their room . . then attempted to back track after I told him that was none of his business.

Flamingo has lost a long-term customer and our business will now go to MGM or NY/NY.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!