“Frequent Vegas Traveler.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Frequent Vegas Traveler.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I just arrived this morning and I gotta say...the Flamingo is a great place to stay! I go to Vegas every year, and this has been the best low end to middle end price hotel we have stayed in. Very courteous and polite front desk/guest services staff. Housekeeping staff was excellent! Room was cleaned to perfection throughout the duration of our stay! Smooth check-in ad check out. Overall, very impressed and will definitely stay here again on our next visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Ioannis C

Altadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We just returned from our stay at the Flamingo. We had a Great Time and the Fab Deluxe was a Great Value, no complaints. The Staff was very helpful. Check in was easy as a Member of the Total Rewards Program, join before you go.Yes it is dated but the location is Fantastic and the Gardens offer a nice break from the outside world.!The Margaritaville Casino was a lot of Fun and the Food and Beverage is always a Great at the Cafe'.

We will be back at the Flamingo in October!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Parrothead1829-2
Delta, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This property has a bit of everything both good and bad. My wife and I spent a week in March and have the following comments and advice..

Good: Location. As many reviewers have said you really are right in the middle of everything and a short walk to the connected monorail station. The pool area is great and easily accessible with a nice walk throught the wildlife habitat. We had a GO Room (18096) with a good view of Caesar's and a direct line to the sunset in the evening. The Donnie and Marie decal on the building does obscure your view a little. The room is not huge but well laid out with a funky bathroom, good sound system, mini-fridge, large flat screen TV and a day bed. There is lots of storage for 2 people. I found the bed comfortable although a bit soft. Housekeeping and maintenance were above average. There was a minor issue with the HVAC that was fixed very quickly.

Not so good: Small vanity in the bathroom, small and uncomfortable pillows and the walls are on the thin side. While there are plenty of eateries we found most of the food to be sub-standard. The sub shop in the food court is good though. The slots and Blackjack tables were very tight. I know it's luck but how many 5 card 21's is a dealer allowed to get? There are no non-smoking areas in the casino.

Bad: $14 per day per device for internet access and more if you want it outside your room. It's a bit much to crow about no resort fees and then charge like this. The elevators on the north side of the building look terrible.

Overall, considering the location, price point and other positives we recommend this location depending on what you want out of Vegas. Don't come here to be spoiled and live in opulence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Allan A
Lancaster, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went to the hotel for a weekiend with my wife / wedding. When we arrived we drove thru the multi story parking garage to find it full and wasted about 15 minutes. We parked a good distance from the hotel and walked with our luggage. When we got to our room we found a black pubic hair on the hanging white hand towel. Then I used the restroom in our room and then laid on the bed. I could here the toilet running which made an irritating noise. It took an hour to refill. Over the coarse of our stay I called the desk and requested it fixed twice. It never was. I had to fill the trash can with water from the shower to flush the toilet and we ended up peeing over each other the whole weekend. The hotel waived the $18 resort fee only. I called to complain and recieved another $30 off. Really...How about another trip to redeem your hotel....or maybe a free trip to the buffet..never again...If your a smoker, this would be a great hotel for you, because it reeks. I advise you stay at the Venitian or Palazzo. Great hotel, Great service...The Flamingo should be a 2 star budget hotel...The outside wedding was nice tho, John Addington.

Room Tip: Check your room when you get there...If there is a problem request a new room right away...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank john a

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The shuttle drop off location is now a long way behind the hotel in a construction zone. You have to cross a couple of small streets to get to the lobby. It was very difficult for my teenage daughter and I to carry our heavy bags that far. Definitely take a taxi or executive shuttle from the airport if you are going to stay in the Flamingo.

I was here a few years ago and stayed in a suite because my husband was here on business and we were upgraded since he was in charge of bringing a large conference to the hotel. It was fabulous. Two bathrooms with tvs in the mirrors. Dining room & living room separate from bedroom. I absolutely loved it.

Fast forward a few years...yesterday I arrived and my daughter and I were dumped off in a construction zone with 3 heavy bags. By the time we made it to the crowded lobby and stood in line for check-in, I was in tears my back and arms were hurting so bad. I told the lady how difficult it was to get into the hotel and she apologized but obviously they don't warn guests in advance and don't really care how inconvenient it is. When I walked in the room, I was so disappointed. Very old, wooden headboards & dressers. Yucky looking room. I've seen nicer Motel 6s on the interstate. I called down to the desk and asked for a manager. Finally, they let me talk to a supervisor who said I was given the option at check-in to pay $30 more per night for an updated room. I was never offered that option. She said I could upgrade for $20 per night. After all the hassle, all I really wanted to do was cancel my reservation. She said it would be a $50 fee to do that. I asked to talk to her manager and she put me on hold. She came back and said the manager is busy but we won't charge you if you leave now. Very poor customer service by the guest services supervisor. Physically, my daughter and I couldn't lug the heavy bags to another hotel so I went down and paid the extra $20 per night for a better room. We were moved to a GO room and I am happy with it. BUT we are checking out 3 nights early to stay in the Bellagio.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kerse
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This review is for the Fab Luxury rooms. Our room was overlooking the strip so no complaints about the view. There was some street noise, but a fair trade off in my opinion. The colour scheme is ok and these rooms have the faux wood floor, something I prefer over the carpet. Bathroom is big and unremarkable. The room was presented clean and the housekeeping was mostly finished by early pm. The location can't be beaten, even with a bit of construction around, I mean for the bargain price it's hard to nitpick. 2 issues that stop me from giving it 5 stars are the timeshare snails that attack you when you catch the lifts to and from your room (an unfortunate part of Caesars Ent group hotels) and the lousy one device only per room Internet connection, poor. Overall I'd happily stay here again I'd just bring salt to throw at the snails.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank McGeepers
Santa Paula, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Instead of a cruise come stay at the Flamingo: per Canadian relatives on an annual flight from snow. Gardens and animal preserve! you'd swear you were on an island. Pool laps in the morning in kiddie pool were warm and uncrowded. Adult pool with two waterfalls-cabana service was well worth paying for as we needed a large spot with seats; and drinks and meals are available with stewards. Buy the man-buckets of brew, cost savings. Ate at buffet-it was of medium variety-cafe meal with good value, and our room was a pleasant surprise-a suite for a reasonable price,even for St. Paddy's weekend. Room: luxurious couch/chair set were velvety, comfortable. TV channels induce one to leave room...but I liked the large screen TV and armoire; around the corner a king bed, and more storage. Some improvements needed: it is an older place and has some ring-a-ding-dings and dents to fix. Paint and patch needed (hot Pepto pink seems flamingo-ey... Beige? in 2013, there are amazing designs rather than the 1980s paint scheme). Our room sink did not plug, same with the tub, fan in bathroom did not work. There was no facial tissue until I asked from the maid; same with the Las Vegas entertainment magazine. Elevators; ew. Look at the doors, then look away. We navigated home via the maze of the 24th floor via beer cans left on top of the fire extinguishers by guests. Likely some take the Hangover movie behavior thing to heart, even the gift shops have tee shirts in honor of that riotous weekend.They have a Margaritaville in here!!! we stayed in this complex for a lovely two days. Grrr, the pirate machine got my cash, I'll be baaack.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family