“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

If you want to stay on the strip The Flamingo is the perfect location - Mid Strip. We walked to one end and the other of the strip from The Flamingo. Thats the good, now for the bad. 1. We asked specifically for a room with a view of the strip the woman at the check in desk was more than happy to give one to us. When we got up to the room and looked out the window we had a room on the opposite side of the building facing an ugly parking lot.... 2. There are really no good restaurants in the Flamingo, so whenever we were hungry we had to go to one of the nearby hotels. 3. There is no WOW factor like many of the other hotels on the strip have. 4. The shows in the Flamingo were awful, we had to venture to other hotels every evening to catch a show. 5. The rooms were just okay, nothing special about them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Let me start this review of The Flamingo by saying "it is what it is." And where most may see that as less than a glowing review, it's not a bad thing at all. We do a guys trip to Vegas every year. Someone in our group is a prefeered memeber within the Harrah's family of casinos so we often get good rates at any of their properties. This year, based on the time we went, the only hotel with avaiability to accomodate our number of people was The Flamingo. From many other Vegas trips and as a Vegas historian, I knew of it from the old days but I was pleasantly surprised by it. The rooms had been redone to reflect a modern chic, a la South Beach. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfortable. There is ample gaming, a sports book and a surprsingly great pool scene. And of course, you can't beat its location in the heart of the strip. We love staying in this area bc its close enough to Paris, Ceasers, Bellagio, Mirage, etc. You're in the middle of it all and that really matters to us.
Now, I will say this isn't a hotel for older couples, families or business people. This is a hotel for young people or couples in the 20's or early 30's who want to be in a great location at a fair price with reasonable good amenities in the heart of the strip. So if youre on a guy/girls trip or a young couple or group of young couples, this is a viable option amongst the mosre expensive giants in the area. The pool is newly remodeled and it sees a lot of action.
As I said earlier, the rooms were spacious with lots of white and modern design. I found the beds to super comfortable and the shower spacious enough as well. Overall, its a great value hotel for someone that isnt expecting the luxury and swank of the Cosmo, Wynn or Bellagio.
Like I said, "it is what it is" and that isn't a bad thing!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jrosborne
Mesquite, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

it wasn't near as bad as some make it out to be. We stayed in a strip view GO luxury room, and it was great! We did hear that the FAB rooms were nothing special unless you were lucky enough to get one of the renovated ones. Only real issue we had was not getting a king bed originally (we were in Vegas for our wedding and honeymoon, two queens was not what I was looking for), but front desk guy (Steve) was great and found one someone was checking out of the next day. He put it on hold for us, and next morning we were switched over. We ate the food court a lot and were pleased with the food. Buffet wasn't really anything special, but we had the buffet of buffets pass so we didn't have to eat there. Paris buffet was probably the best out of the 6 you can choose from. We ate at Margaritaville one afternoon, and were pleased. You can definitely tell the hotel is dated, but it's definitely not a dump. Overall we enjoyed the stay. You have to remember you can't compare the Flamingo to the Bellagio, but if you compared it to a similarly priced hotel, I think you'll find the Flamingo as the front runner. Location is awesome, staff was very friendly, room was clean and comfy, casion had a good assortment of games, and food court was great. I would gladly stay there again. Of course I'd love to stay at the Bellagio, the Wynn, or Cesear's but i have champagne taste on a beer budget so Flamingo is great for me!

Room Tip: Don't go lower than a GO room, I heard that the FAB rooms were not that great, but everyone that...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DBarr0326
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Rooms are worse than spartan, staff is completely unhelpful and indifferent----just try reaching ANYONE, including security, on the telephone---and there are long, long, long lines everywhere for everything. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere that's not this shabby excuse for a decent hotel..

Room Tip: The rooms are appalling. Good luck getting anything here that meets bare minimum...and with poor se...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank stevebutcher22

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Lancaster, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd time straying at the flamingo and it will be my last. We have always stayed there because of the price , no resort fees(60 bucks a night this past trip) and the location. The rooms are relatively comfortable, no real issues. However, the bathroom was disgusting. The shower head actually fell off during my shower. The casino is average at best. Pool area is nice. Food is just okay. However, since they decided to add a resort few of 18 dollars a night starting march 1st, I will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. If I have to get ripped off with a resort fee I am going to stay at Mandalay Bay or another hotel that actually is clean and up to par.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EnglishTeach30
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My friends and I did a hotel hop from 2 5-star hotels and spent the last 2 nights in Vegas at the Flamingo.
We were utterly surprised. The location was fantastic and in the heart of the strip.
Price wise we paid much less for 2 nights than 1 of the nights we stayed at the 5-star hotel.
Rooms were clean and we had a fantastic view of the strip. Very modern

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SF Bay Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Flamingo before; but this time I had nothing but problems. Two things I am complaining about this time and I shall say no more. I took my daughter and her gf who had never been to vegas. Well since none of us had major credit cards our offers we were supossed to get were null and void...which I did not find out until I called to the desk, you have to charge the show you want to see to your room to get the two for one deal...Ok, second night there daughter and gf went out to the clubs, I am in a deep sleep and I hear them screaming about the roach, you know if you see one roach there are more; and you know you have to kill it so no little eggs....OMG what an ordeal that was, called front desk...these were my options move to another room after it was cleaned down, and sprayed...or get 30.00 off the lunch buffett, which we took because these girls unpacked there wardrobe's and shoes and I was not about to go thru all of that...Oh, yeah upon check in our clerk (I am not mentioning a name here) told us that our atm would not be charged....Guess what??? yep night before we left total amt charged on our card.....because we didn't want to wait in yet another line, we said we would just pay the girl that was charged. Almost forgot, sheets in our Fab Room were so scratchy I got a rash, not good.....arrggghhhhh....so so so unhappy about this whole trip....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends