“Great price, fantastic stay.. New Las Vegas favourite!” 5 of 5 stars

HOT RATES! Rooms from $31
Ranked #130 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Great price, fantastic stay.. New Las Vegas favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This stay was my favourite so far in Las Vegas. The room we had was lovely.. Yeah the bathroom has been redecorated and was a little tired but it was clean and tidy. The room itself was Perfect to grab a half hour relax during the day before heading out again.. We had a great view of the strip and Bellagio fountains... And the bed was super comfy. It was cleaned daily, fresh towels whenever requested and rubbish taken away, floor swept - really great. The staff were super friendly, cocktails came frequently and casino has a nice atmosphere. Enjoyed margaritaville as well. Oh and the location is fab too...We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: High floor will give a better view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,488)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Flamingo is not the swankiest place on the strip. Depending on your room type, some of them can be a little worn. Most of them are in great shape and I've always found it clean. The best part is the staff. I've stayed at a lot of places on the strip and this is by far my favorite staff. As with most places on the strip, it's a diverse crowd but might slightly skew a bit older. Not geriatric, but a tad older.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the strip if you want a quiet experience.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Canton, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at Flamingo for 4 nights over the New Year’s week. I could not believe they charged over 10 times as much for NYE night for the same room as what we paid the remaining 3 nights ($365 vs. $35??). But all hotels in Vegas do that, so it was expected. Our dissatisfaction started when we went to go check-in around 11am. Now I know check-in isn’t until 3 or 4pm, but I’ve never had a problem checking in early at a hotel before. We were told they did have a room available for us at that time but if we wanted to check in early, it was $40. Although I did not want to pay that, we did only because we both wanted to freshen up from our 5 hour flight before we hit the strip. I was debating all afternoon If it was worth it or not, but once we saw how long the check-in line was at 4pm, it was well worth the $40 to not be stuck in line for hours. If they have rooms available, they should offer them on a first come first serve basis instead of bleeding more money from you.

We were given a room on the 6th floor which was a strip view to our surprise. Although it would have been nice to be up higher, we were still satisfied with our view. If the windows wouldn’t have been filthy dirty, the view would have been much better. We were in a newly renovated room (new flooring, new bedding, new curtains and a flat screen TV) but it’s a stretch to call this room totally updated. The furniture looked like it had gone through hell and back (gouges and dents all over), walls and ceiling was dirty looking with stains/uneven paint and the bathroom was very tiny with only a new mirror and vanity top. The tiled floor and shower was disgusting in the bathroom. A couple other things that irked us about the room was there was no alarm clock and you couldn’t control the temp of your room yourself. It was set at 69 degrees the whole stay, which was too warm for my tastes. There was also no mini fridge or coffee maker, but I knew this ahead of time. A few other things that were not to our satisfaction were:

•Vending machines on our floor were never stocked for our entire stay.
•Prices of drinks are ridicules. $7 for a bottle of budlight. I know this is Vegas but that’s a crazy price to charge.
•Elevators were slloooowwww and half of them were broken down at any given time. Plan on giving yourself an extra 10-15 mins to get anywhere to account for the elevators.
•Had the worst service I’ve ever had at a restaurant before at the Mexican Restaurant there (Carlos something or other).
•All elevators were broken one night when we returned. Good thing we were only on 6th floor!
•Escalators were broken the day we left so had to carry our 50lb luggage down the steps to the ground level.
•The maids do not knock before barging into your room to clean it. It’s a good thing we remembered to latch the chain on the door before going to bed each night, otherwise they would have walked in us sleeping, showering, changing clothes, etc. several times during our stay. Our “do not disturb” tag went missing from the door our first day. Regardless, I find it appalling that the maids would not knock first before entering a room with their key.

Overall it’s an aging hotel that instead of doing a total renovation, they’ve just slapped some bandaids on things. Yes the location is great, but due to the MANY issues we encountered during our stay, I will not be back and cannot recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The flamingo is the oldest hotel on the strip but they have renovated it and it doesn't feel old. Check in was quick and easy. What I loved about this hotel is that theres alot to do but it is not huge where you have to walk a mile to your room. We were in the Spa tower and it was very Convenient to the monorail. The location of the hotel was great, which if you have been to Vegas you will understand because you don't want to walk far to your hotel. The room was nice but nothing overally special. The bathroom seeemed a little older than the rest of the room but it wasn't bad. Great value and I loved that you could get a discount for being a total rewards member and no resort fees :) I won't stay anywhere else in Las Vegas!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel has seen better days. The accomodations and facility were decent, but not great. The price of the hotel was fair. I highly recomend the pool. The buffet was not to bad, but the not the greatest.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I booked a Fab Deluxe Room for just around $45 per night. My understanding was that this would be one of their better rooms, but I found it very hard understanding their room categories when making the reservation. After a $19 (including tips) taxi drive from the airport, I stood in line for about 15 minutes to check in, and was told that I had been upgraded to a "junior suite".

Normally this would be good news, but my room was on the 4th floor with no view whatsoever (not that a view would matter much as the windows are so dirty). A junior suite meant that I had two large rooms, but my bedroom had no windows nor a TV. The TV was in the main room, and it was an old box that I did not turn on even once during my stay. While the rooms are incredibly dark, it's probably a good thing as you don't realize how dirty it is. The desk chair, however, had lots of stains from the several decades of activity it has witnessed while in this little cell of mine. I put a couple of towels over it and tried not to think about the body fluids hiding in the chair.

On a positive note, the internet speed is extremely quick, and I don't mind paying $15 per day to enjoy it as I can expense it. Charging for internet is of course a ridiculous concept, but there's no way around it in Vegas unless you bring your own wi-fi somehow. I only stayed at the Flamingo as the nearby Ceasars was sold out, and I was attending a conference at Ceasars.

Room Tip: Ask on check-in for a refurnished room. Apparently there are some that have been refurnished, and I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I got 3 nights in a fab room for only 121 total, a Fri thru Monday so thr ptice was excellent.

Checkin- I was there on a Friday at 5 pm and only had 6 in front of me. Help at the desk was great. I was treated right and my room was on the 17th floor looking out over Ceasar's.

A decent walk from ther parking garage, it no using the valet you must park on the 4the floor or higher.The garage itself is very small and very dirty.

Elevators- worst part was there is a time share sales booth right at the the elevator lobby so you get asked every time. Pleanty to elevators that being up so high I had no issues at all with waiting.

Hallways- this is where the Flamingo shows its age. Very old and outdated. Carpet is in bad shape, stains, tears, etc. But it is kept clean by the staff.

The room- good sized, clean, hard wood floor, soft beds, lots of room. Bathroom is clean but old and dated. Can't hear your neighbors but you can definately hear the hallway.

For the price and location, I had a really good deal. If i could get same price, I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Just treat check in staff nicely and they'll do the same for you. Stay in a higher floof for a b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo