“Hotel and Buffet” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
WI
“Hotel and Buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently stayed in a king bed for two nights. The room was nice and had no issues with that. The only reason I gave them a 2 is because they say they have a good buffet. That information couldn't have more grossly off. Of all the meat they had there was only one that could be choked down. The extras were mild at best (potatoes, pasta, desert...) I had to fill up on their salads (which they were great!) We only hit up one other buffet while there and that one was amazing, the food wasn't over cooked or too salty. I'm not saying I'm a connoisseur of food but avoid their food at Flamingo!
The rest of the Flamingo was great though. Don't let my distain for their food make you not go, just hope to let you keep your money for better things.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

11,576 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,499)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
stockton on tees
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Well after reading all the reveiws before we went I was feeling a little unsure as to what to expect well I shouldnt have been as when we arrived there was no que we were striaght to the check in desk and given our room which we did tip to make sure we have a fountain veiw [strip view] BONUS we got fountains and cesars palace and room was sound very clean and big so were more than happy .However during the two hours first night sleep [LOL] we awoke to some dripping but because we were on the 27th floor which was the top floor before the ledge to the suites we had a drip in the corner on the window which wasnt a big problem to be fair but thought we would mention when passing on our way out we explained to the check in clerk and imediatley moved us to a go delux room with fountain veiw and a $30 dollar meal voucher the room difference was immense to the fab with its electric curtains, thick carpets, walk in shower with telly in the mirror 42in telly in the room the beds are well comfy to say the least all the staff I must say were helpfull and very pleasant we will be staying here again without a doubt this hotel might be the oldest but manners cost nothing in this world and this hotel had it in abundence I found the other hotels a little stand offish that is if your not gambling big then thier noses become very brown [LOL] a little advice to those who stay here @ the flamingo get your total rewards cards before you go as it will allow you to book in after 12.00pm [and not 4pm ]without having to pay an early booking fee of $30 and then use if you buy anything even your hotel room food and when playing slots etc you might get a meal or two with points earnt so I would just like to say to the Flamingo and all its staff thanks for a wonderful time in vegas we will be back !!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: go delux rooms are spot on however fab delux were spot on but the quality in the go was far better...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
montclair ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was in room 5167 on jan 2-3 2013, since first day I came (1/2),at 7pm, i coudnt use the internet,no access connection from cable provided in the room. I entered payment, my last name, room number, but still no connection (said : donot match). I contacted phone no.0,,talked to a lady, she referred me to internet service man, He promised to send someone to the room to check everything. Till I was a sleep at 01 am, no one came to repair and to help connecting me to internet. Bad and bad service. Wont stay here no more

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights. Had a pleasant stay, but the rooms are terribly outdated. At the same time, you get what you pay for. I was looking for cheap accommodation on the strip and thats what i got. I was lucky enough to be put into a very large room on the top floor of the habitat tower. The view was looking over the gardens and pools below, and the room itself was enormous. The downside was that there was paint peeling from the roof, cracked vanity and peeling paint in the bathroom, dodgy plastic shower curtains which reminded me of the shower scene in psycho, and a TV cabinet and carpets that should have been left in the 70s where they came from. Very relaxed vibe, great location, but desperately outdated and in need of refurbishment.

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Before booking I was told that the hotel was newly renovated. Obviously, that job is not completed. Upon check in, we were told we would be upgraded to a mini suite with a nice view of the pool and gardens. When we got to the room, yes, it was a mini suite. The view was of the casino rooftop with the pools and gardens to the right and in the distance. It was a dark room, helped by the fact that the bedroom didn't even have a window! Both TV's were small inside the cabinet TV's. The shower was so hard to turn on from tub water flow, that my husband had to pull it every time I tried to take a shower and the pull- on fixture for the shower was loose from all the people having to yank it on. The ceramic tile was not finished in the bathroom. It was a disappointment experience and was expecting (with a newly renovated hotel) to have the warmth and luxury of Mirage, MGM, Treasure Island and such. And keep in mind, the man at check in said he was upgrading us!! Grateful I didn't get the room w/o the upgrade! I will never stay at the Flamingo again. Play it safe and stick with the one of my favs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Website shows newly remodeled rooms. We paid extra for a "luxury" room. That means, If you ask, they will move you up 5 floors, same room. The rooms are big and the beds are great. Almost zero water pressure. Rooms old and outdated. Service contact is always a long wait. I gave up and hung up a couple times, got tired of waiting. A beer pong tournament was happening, young people running up and down hall yelling, stopping occasionally to throw up. Music from the street (drum beating) until 3:30 am, everynight. Watch your step.

• Stayed January 2013
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

If you get the players' card, the Flamingo will comp you a basic room and they are a little funky. It's definitely worth paying $30 extra per night to upgrade to the Go room. You don't have to gamble much, just use the card when you do and they will start sending you offers. The location of the Flamingo is great and close to many areas. Also easy check in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the gardens on the inside.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!