“Good Location, Good Price, Overall Good Value But Needs Updating” 3 of 5 stars

25% Off Semi-Annual Sale
Ranked #128 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Location, Good Price, Overall Good Value But Needs Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in a "Fab Deluxe" room that supposedly was recently renovated. The bed, the chair and a bench near the window seemed to be new but the night stands, the table and the dresser were pretty beat up. The really odd thing was the floor which seemed to be some sort of vinyl. There was no carpeting except for a small area rug that was obviously new. I can't think of any other hotel I have stayed in that did not have carpeting. The room however was a nice size.

When we got to our room there was a note that there would be no hot water or heat from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM.

The location is perfect as the hotel is right in the middle of the Strip. If you're looking for a reasonably priced place to stay that isn't fancy this place is OK.

11,596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,505)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

really I was ready to leave when I showed up. I knew for the price it was not going to be a great hotel, but I read a lot of good reviews on the go room so I changed my reservation from mgm to here with a Belagio view. For starters the front desk guy tried charging me again for the fountains view ( which I already paid) I told him no thanks and of course I still did get the view. So why did he try to charge me again idk??? I could not check in two hours early without a charge even though the room was empty and ready? So again I was like this is a joke. I take my bags to the place to leave them and the guy gives me an attitude for asking if I was in the right place. When we come back to get our bags we had to go down stairs and outside. Where I met another rude guy. i think the employees are what makes this place so bad really. I was so ready to go back to the mgm and double pay until I went to the room and seen the view. Now I remember why I booked this cheap hotel. Take a quick shower where they have the best shower heads in a old shower, but still an awesome shower head in the middle that you can turn on and off. The bed was fine, and the bartenders at the front near the exit were both very nice. I did not eat or gamble here but for a cheap centrally located hotel it is not horrible. I am going back in four months but will be staying somewhere else. Also close to Ellis Island which made for a great cheap breakfast. Also Harrahs properties in general have some of the best cheap shows which is great for families on a budget

Room Tip: Ellis Island breakfast is a must Get at least a go room and you should get a fountains view! they...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Carefree
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Ive been staying almost exclusively at the Flaming for 30 years.... From the days of private management, thru Hilton, Harrahs, and now Ceasars Entertainment. Unfortunately the property is "Dated" and even the roooms that were "Remodeled" are cheap looking and not that desireable....
1. Room had a hard "Bamboo look" floor... slippery and the lackj of carpeting made the sound bounce around like an echo chamber. We could CLEARLY hear the guests next door thru the adjoining doors.
2. NO Armed/soft seating in the room!... All that they proivide (besides the bed and desk) is a cheap armless chaise lounge for 2 people. If you want to relax or watch TV you need to lay in bed.
3. The price was reasonable (if not cheap), so I guess you get what you pay for, but It's too bad that I can recall the Good ole days of the "Old Flamingo".
4. The casino tends to be loud, casual, and somewhat smoke filled.
5. The best thing about the Flamingo is the PARADISE BUFFETT (I think is one of the BEST in Vegas!), the location (hard to beat "Center of Strip), and finally the grounds/pool behind the hotel are nicely designed and inviting.

Room Tip: TIP: Ask for a "NON ADJOINING" room ... the doors leak noise as there is no carpeting. Th...
Englewood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay 12/18-12/23 to celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday. We don't need luxury because we only use the room to sleep and shower. Our requirements are to stay at a relatively clean and safe location which the Flamingo certainly is. We had connecting rooms in the Spa tower 7026 and 7028 which are the basic and were fine, especially since the price was under $30 per night per room.

We didn't find our hallway or elevators discustingly dirty (though they weren't spotless either) as others found theirs, so every tower might not be created equal?? Didn't notice any smell in the casino area. MGM was another story and I immediately got a headache from the overwhelming sickly sweet smell there and had to leave.

Check out was fast using the express option on the TV, leaving the keys on the desk, and avoiding lines at the reception area.

Overall our experience was good and we would recommend it for budget travelers who don't need a lot of pampering or luxury.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed there for a few days in mid-December with some friends - rooms were clean and nice views. Renovated bathrooms are very nice! Staff is friendly in all departments. Public spaces could use a little attention with housekeeping as hallways were dirty and a room service tray was in our hallway for the full three days we were there. Great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
bichonandon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our separate review of the Flamingo wedding is posted in the Attractions area.

We booked rooms for ourselves and our 16 guests at the Flamingo for convenience and price. The rooms are somewhat remodeled, but be careful. It's hard to know beforehand which rooms are better deals than others. For example, we were given an "upgraded" room with our wedding package, and we felt so lucky. Only to find out later that our guests, were accommodated with much nicer rooms at much less cost. In fact, our room on the 28th floor was the oldest and dreariest of all of the 9 rooms we booked and paid for. The rooms for our guests were on all different floors, as the hotel staff refused to put them near one another. My mother-in-law truly needed to have a room near an elevator, and even though I specifically requested that for her, they put her as far away from an elevator that one could get.

Floor 28 room wasn't worth the extra money.
Floor 15 had somewhat updated rooms, and were a much better value, but the hallway smelled like a dog park.
Floor 5 rooms were nice, updated and clean.

I'm not a huge fan of Vegas "views," but all rooms seemed to have some kind of a view of lights, garden or pool.

Hotel staff is sorely lacking in service-oriented attitude. It is not an exaggeration that the room the counter woman assigned to my mother in law could not have been more inappropriate given the information provided on MIL's ability to walk long distances. I wonder what the counter woman would feel like if she had two bad hips and 79 years of walking, and somebody gave her the farthest room from the elevator that they possibly could.

Our "upgraded" room's bathroom was dingy to say the least, and there was hair on the floor and in the tub. Gross. Also, the fire alarm on our floor went off for approx 10 min at 3 AM. If I wanted the Freemont Street "experience," I would have saved lots of money per night.

We booked our rooms almost a month prior via smartervegas, and a couple of times every day thereafter, we checked the prices. Prices fluctuated from $45 to $125 over that month, and our rates averaged out to approx $60 per person per night. It was odd to see prices change drastically over the course of a few hours on any given day, and we wondered what system they use to determine pricing.

Finally, the casino area offers your usual games, but an additional component that cannot be ignored is the "cage" dancer. There are hopelessly bored, scantily clad females peppering the gaming areas who move slightly to the loud music. This detail alone caused our family to leave the Flamingo gaming area and head elsewhere to spend our money. I can appreciate a Vegas hotel/casino trying to capitalize on the history of burlesque dancers in Vegas, but it would have been better for us if they relegated it to paid shows only so customers have a choice other than leaving.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane Qld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed in Vegas in the lead up to Christmas and stayed at the Flamingo. Have relied on TripAdvisor wherever we have stayed so far in the States and haven't gone wrong yet. Some of the reviews were a worry for this place but took the plunge because there was a good mix as well. Shouldn't have worried at all. Yes the place is a little tired and there was a strong smell of air freshener covering up the smoke but then after walking through other casinos it certainly wasn't the worst. Friendly service and the room was refreshed and replenished every day without fail. Right in the middle of the strip so it was just a matter of which direction to turn each day or night. The price was fantastic and wouldn't be beaten considering you are in Vegas and it really just somewhere to crash. Has to pay for WiFi which was a bit disappointing but all in all was a very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!