We have stayed at the Flamingo Hotel many times over the years. We love the convenient mid-strip location, and in past visits have been generally happy with our stay.
Not this visit! Our two days were full of unpleasant surprises.
Starting with the check-in process--not enough personnel on hand at the front desk--the line snaked through the lobby. Luckily, I was able to use their self-check in kiosk.
We were given a "Fab Deluxe" room in the Habitat Tower, 19th floor. It was quite a hike to the elevators, but no problem. As we exited the elevator and walked down the hall to our room, we noticed a very unpleasant, sour smell. The carpet was stretched out, wrinkled and very dirty.
Our room was fine, we were in one of their recently upgraded rooms. The king size bed was quite comfortable and the room was spacious. I will say the "bench" seating looks just adorable (sarcasm intended!) but is entirely worthless as seating. A small loveseat or two armchairs would be much more comfortable and practical.
We noticed there was no coffee pot in the room, as we have always had in past visits. It has been many years since we stayed in any hotel around the world that did not have a coffee maker. I called down to housekeeping to ask for a coffee pot, and they asked if we were a "gold member". I said no, but we are a "Total Rewards" member. Wrong answer! NO COFFEE POT FOR YOU! Sheesh, what a way to treat your guests and make them feel welcome. But I guess their coffee $hop$ make more money that way.
Upon returning to our room that night, we found a letter from the manager on our door, kindly letting us know there would be no hot water or heat after 10 am. They stated it would be back on at 5 a.m. the next morning. A couple of hours later, we received a phone message letting us know it would be 6 a.m, not 5 a.m.
We decided to have dinner at their buffet that evening--BAD CHOICE! For the $50 we paid, it was truly a disgusting experience. The salad bar was pretty awful, I tried 5 different salads, only one was remotely edible. The salad dressings looked like they had a "skin" over the top, not fresh at all. The prime rib was cold and tough. Macaroni and cheese??? They couldn't even manage to get that right. The dessert selection was pitiful, the apple cobbler was inedible--very strange tasting. The red velvet white chocolate chip cookies were delicious, though!
We woke the next morning to no hot water, no coffee, and the coffee shops were not open yet. Their restaurant was closed. I thought Vegas was a 24 hour city!
We checked out about 11 am--still no hot water and thus no shower!
All in all, a most unsatisfactory stay at The Flamingo, and it will certainly be our last.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Vegas.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo