“the Flamingo” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canmore, Canada
“the Flamingo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The other reviews are correct,the flamingo is a bit run down.Everthing else we encountered was good.Our early check-in was smooth and the front desk service was pleasant and helpful.Even with needing a bit of an update our room was always clean.Being in the middle of the strip was great.Not only the flamingo but we found all the casinos stunk,cigarette smoke semi covered up by deodorizer.BLACH!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,160)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Welland, on
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was our first time in Vegas, we were part of a music festival. The check in was fast with an option to check in electronically. The rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were firm. The hotel is ideally located on the strip, it does not matter which direction you want to go there will be alot of walking if you want to get to another hotel so you better bring a good pair of walking shoes. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the hotel, (forget the name of the buffet restaurant) it seemed to be a good value in terms of selection and variety of foods. The small pizza joint in the hotel made excellent pizzas as well. At night we would walk across the road to the Bellagio to watch the water show to music which was a nice way to end the day. We brought along our 4 children with us to Vegas, which if we were to do it again we would not have brought them. Vegas is not family friendly especially walking the strip as you are inundated from those in the sex trade and the attractions, shows and restaurants are very expensive for a family of six.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel Dec 5-10, 2012 Overall the hotel experience was very good. but there is nothing perfect. We arrived around 1:30/2pm I knew check in wasnt until 4pm but after having very little sleep and a long day on the plane my girlfriend and i wanted to get up to the room. So we paid the $25 early check fee(the roomrate for the night is $35, during the week). The front desk cleark pointed where the elevators were but upon heading that way you can miss them, but we made it to the elevators by one of the friendly jewlery people just outside of the elevators. we get to our room and it was very nice. the wiring for the lights in the room is a little unorthadox but we figured it out eventually. the light switch through the door turns on a little pink light in the bathroom that you can see kind of through the glass wall. to turn the main light over the bed on there is a switch next to the bed. the other switch by the bed will turn on the lights on in the bathroom and the closet. the sheer curtain and blackout curtains are electronic(which is pretty neat) the radio/ipod player in the room was a little disappointing. the way the description was on the website for the Go rooms(24049) made it sound like it was a docking station for your ipod but you actually need a AUX cord to play the music(which we didnt bring with us). also on the website it didnt mention that the pool is closed for the season, my girlfriend and I were kind of looking forward to that for at least a few days. One thing i did observe is that room service doesnt really pick up the trays when left in the hallway. there was one tray that i noticed was not picked up for over 24hrs. The location was great since neither of us have stayed in vegas before. it is right in the middle of everything you can walk one direction 1 day and the next day walk the other way.

Overall for the price that we paid and the location were very good. I really cant complain that much.

I will be making a return trip to this hotel

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked two nights here on a recent Vegas trip because I found an amazingly low price and liked the location on the Strip. I wasn't sure what to expect, because the reviews are somewhat mixed here.

When we checked in, I was told that the GO room I had prepaid wasn't actually available, but I could have a two queen room instead of the king I reserved. This was a trip for our first wedding anniversary and I mentioned this to the desk clerk. She said, "that's nice. You know your reservation is only a request and we can give you any room we have available." I asked, is there a King bed if I pay for some upgrade? She said, "I don't think so, you can take this room or come back later but we may be sold out of GO rooms by then." So I took the room. She said, "you can use one bed and sleep in the other!" classy lady... really classy.

We went to our room and it was fine. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom functioned. (The shower has weird nozzles, that I guess should massage your back if you are the proper height) Housekeeping cleaned the rooms in a timely manner and did a fine job. We heard the people on both sides of our room at various points during our stay.

The casino and common areas were fine, not the newest, but nice enough. We only ate some pizza here, which was good. The parking area was okay and access to the tram (public train) was convenient.

I would consider staying here, as long as the price was good enough but not if I wanted to have a nice romantic getaway with my spouse, as we never know if we could have the nice-sized bed we reserved months in advance.

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just wrapped up my first stay at the Flamingo. The value for the level of room, service and location I enjoyed will be tough to beat. I look forward to staying again at the Flamingo. I had a standard Go Room overlooking the wildlife habitat and pools. Room was clean, quiet and everything was in working order. The one call I made to housekeeping to request toiletry items (there were none in my room when I checked in - maybe the prior guest cleaned them out?), was met with apologies and handled quickly.

The casino was clean and not showing as much age as other properties along the Strip that are of equal age. The food court is a cheap and convenient option and the Margaritaville Casino is a great place to hang out and enjoy a separate vibe. You can't beat the location being center strip. Very convenient for me since I had family staying at the Mirage and going between the two was a simple 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: Unless it's your first time to Vegas or going for a special occasion you can save money by getti...