My very first trip to Vegas in 1991 was at the Flamingo. Back then, Flamingo Hilton (it was Hilton branded back then) was one of the nicer Vegas hotels and it was a really nice place to stay. Since then we have stayed at many hotels on the strip /downtown from Casino Royale to THEHotel. We got a great deal for this trip which prompted us to choose the Flamingo.
We stayed in the updated Fab Luxury room. The room looked somewhat like the photo on the web site, but we had a garden view, not a view of the strip as the web site promotes. Regardless, the room was clean and in good repair. The thermostat did not seem to work properly and the room tended to be a little warm. I'm always cold, so for me to be warm, it was definitely not functioning properly. We had a nice size TV and the bed was comfortable. I thought the room was fine.
The bathroom on the other hand was not updated and needs to be painted / renovated.
Filthy carpeting, stained, buckling, holes, etc.. The first two nights, there were people running up and down the hall, extremely noisy and as we discovered the next morning, making a mess. A room service cart was thrown about and there were fragments of broken dishes strewn along the hall along with garbage and salt shakers had been emptied on the carpeting. There was a terrible odor near the elevators, like cat urine. Based on how the carpets looked, it might be safe to assume that's a regular occurrence.
Our room was really far from where we entered and far from the elevators so we took a really long stroll every time we went to / from the room. I don't mind the walk, I only mention this because we had occasion to see a LOT of carpeting and a lot of the hallway.
Public areas on the first level:
First floor casino area, check in, and stores were great. Clean, in good repair, nice buzz - busy but not over crowded. The public areas were as nice or nicer than I have seen in other casinos. We ate at Carlos and Charlies. It's a chain, so the experience was consistent and food was good. The garden area / flamingo habitat were very pretty and in good repair. The pool was closed for the season.
We used self-park and usually ended up on the roof. The interesting thing is that the elevator does not go to the top floor of the structure, so if you park up there when checking in, you have to carry your bags down 1 floor to catch the elevator. The elevators were filthy. I'm pretty sure they have never washed the floors. The walls are covered with scratched graffiti. Not the most pleasant first impression. Despite that, we always found a parking space with no problem and the elevators worked.
Desk staff were friendly and seemed competent. Bell desk did a good job - they had to hold our bags because we arrived before 4pm check in. Workers in the shop were polite and pleasant. Wait staff were good.
Would we return to Flamingo? Only if we were comped. There are so many nice hotels to stay at for a comparable or better price, Flamingo would not be at the top of the list. It's a shame. Flamingo has great history, fantastic location, great casino / restaurant options, but the overall experience was not as nice as we have had at other hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Venere, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.