“Better options for the same price ....” 2 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 25% OFF!
Ranked #129 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Whistler, Canada
“Better options for the same price ....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Wouldn't stay here again. The complaint everyone makes about check in is true. Such a long wait ... they have so many terminals available, but it's not staffed properly!! Could be WAY faster.
We upgraded our room in hopes that it would be nicer than the reviews we've read. It was updated, but the cleanliness wasn't very good. Stuff left over from previous guests, dusty, and not stocked properly. The little couch in the room, I wouldn't sit on it .... stained and marked up.
You can hear your neighbours .... one side was a TV left on, loud and the other side was a dog left alone barking!
We really liked the look of the pool area, and that is somewhat why we booked at this hotel. The pool was closed EVERYDAY we were there! It turned out that it wasn't really warm out anyways, but we just wanted to chill during the day and it wasn't an option at this hotel.
Service just wasn't there! Staff wasn't too pleasent ... The only upside was the location. But it's not worth it. Better options on the strip for the same price!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,160)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My trip (Nov 24-27) was just my 23 year old son and me. We are both Las Vegas veterans (he has been 4 times since he turned 21 and 16 times overall) and we both talked about staying at the Flamingo since this was the very first property he stayed at when he was a bambino. So I booked the Flamingo for 3 nights. (Saturday-Tuesday). After looking at reviews I went for the Fab Luxury room. Luxury means there is a view of the strip. The price? $126 incl taxes. Yes, I booked it about 3 months in advance because I could not believe the price. Was I apprehensive? Of course. But here's how it went down: At check in there were about 40-50 people in line. I am a Total Rewards member (basic Gold Level) and there is a line for TR members for check in/out. I walked right up and was all checked in and headed up to our room within 10 minutes of getting in line. We were on the 22nd floor and yes, the carpets showed their age, but fortunately, I wasn't planning on sleeping on the carpet outside my room. We entered the room and could not have been more pleased. AMAZING view from Bellagio to the far left Caesars in the middle and Mirage to our far right. The decor was (of course) pinkish but not overly so. The furniture did have some chips (does this really bother people?). The beds were VERY comfortable. The bathroom was stone tile and I would give it 90 out of 100. NOISE: We were on floor 22 so the construction noise of The Linq next door was barely noticeable. I heard slight pounding on Sunday morning about 8am. My son heard nothing, so it was not a factor to us at all-just a heads up for those reading this. Dining: We ate at the breakfast brunch on Sunday and it was very good (for a breakfast). We also ate at Carlos n Charlies (8 out of 10) and Margaritaville (9.75 out of 10). Would I stay at the Flamingo again? YES! As a matter of fact I am planning my daughter's 21st birthday for a July celebration there!

Room Tip: Any room that has "Luxury" means a strip view. Although, the other option is a view of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here back in 2006 and was happy with the hotel. Came back 6 years later and it looks very old and worn. This hotel does not compare to the other hotels on the strip. It needs to be renovated from the ground up. The casino seemed old and dated. The hallway carpets were stained and it smelled like smoke. The room was decent and it had a great view but the bathroom needed to be updated. There is a reason why this was one of the cheapest hotels on the strip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfort, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I have made many trips together to Vegas, and usually stay at the Flamingo. This last trip will be our last stay there! The front desk person was very argumentative, and started things out poorly. I must have pissed him off when I remarked about his behavior, and told him that I would remember his name {altho I had no intention of reporting his behavior/I'm not like that}... because the next thing he says is,"I have a great room for you, you will love it!"
We were given the nastiest room! Carpeting old, with huge stains, and unraveling at the walls. closet doors falling off the hinges, and a toilet that ran all nite! Just the worst. Almost as bad as some of the front desk personels!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been to Vegas numerous times, and had stayed at the Flamingo twice before, not again. When we checked in the lady was very nice and chatty. Our room was WAY in the back, with a continous running bathtub faucet, took maintenance 2 1/2 hours to come to the room, he wasn't sure he could fix it that night, got another room, now it is 4 hours after check-in, this room was on a different floor WAY in the back, with 3 out of 4 lights in the bathroom burnt out, no plug for the sink and a burnt out light on the night table. Did get another room the next morning that was acceptable and a $30.00 dining credit which was never able to access in the resturant. They have renovated the rooms (with their awful hot pink drapes), but the bathrooms have been completely forgotten. The postive all the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Maybe paying for the upgrade would help, but should you have to?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed in a Go Deluxe room because this is a very old hotel. Glad we did because I've talked to few people (at seminars that I attended) and their regular room sounded pretty bad. The room itself is okay other than stains on the sofa, chair (the chair definitely should be thrown away) and carpet. The housekeeper seemed to be half asleep when they cleaned up the room. When we checked in, they forgot bath soap, bath mat, coffee cups (yes! there's a coffee maker in the room), etc. They didn't wipe out dirt on the wall (see picture).

The wall is paper thin. We both could hear clearly people staying on one side of our room. So much for privacy. The writing area is very small and there's a tray for coffee maker, glasses, cups, and table lamp so there's only a room enough to charge your tablet, but not for a lap top. Internet is $14 per 24 hour (the sign on the desk was missing so I had to call front desk). It's not cheap for a hotel this old.

The A/C is loud and it didn't work well as often times it continued to blow air all the time even though you already set the temperature. The bed is a bit on the soft side for me but that's only a matter of preference. Shower pressure is weak.

One day I went back to the room and found no coffee so I asked a housekeeper who happened to be cleaning a room across the hallway. Didn't know she was the one that also cleaned our room. She was extremely rude and offensive. She told me at first that I could only get 2 coffee per day before she even found out that I asked for coffee because there's none at all. Then, after I asked for cups and sugar, she accused me for having my computer out on that desk and that's why she forgot to replace the coffee, cups, etc. Can you believe this woman???? I told her I had no computer. I always put away my computer as soon as I leave my hotel room. She didn't even apologize for accusing me in the first place and for doing a crappy job. I would have reported her to management but I had to stay there for a few more days. She needs to be warned or fired to have that kind of attitude with a hotel guest.

If it were not because of the seminars, I would have never considered staying at this hotel. Just a matter of convenience. Plus having a UPS store in the lobby level helps. I shipped all my books from the seminars back home.

Room Tip: If you must stay in this hotel, spend a little extra money and book their Go Deluxe room. It's n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Flamingo for 4 nights, November 13 through November 17. As a Total Rewards member I had booked a FAB Deluxe room online for a total of $35 which was for Friday night, the other nights were comped. I received an upgrade email about 1 week prior, indicating I could upgraded to a GO room for $20 a night, so I did that.
I had an early flight in and arrived at the Flamingo at about 11:50 am or so. There were a couple of people in line, but I used the GOLD reward member line and was able to check in very quickly and with no early check in fee.
I had a room on the 22nd floor facing the rear of the property. The room was a decent size, and clean. you have to get used to the pink in the bathroom. There was a fridge and coffee maker in the room. There is a safe in the closet but it is not very deep and a protrusion on the door makes it even more shallow. I could fit my money and ipad, but not my SLR camera. There was a problem with the safe that it would error the first time I tried to lock it each time. If I locked it again right away, then it worked. The air conditioner in the room was very loud. Also, the safe door opened towards the close opening which made it difficult to see into etc, it seems like the door should of opened the other way to make it easier. Housekeeping was sporadic as to when they would come. On the second day they came before 1pm, the next day it wasn't until after 4.
Access to the strip was very easy and getting into and out of the parking garage was quick by using the back entrance from Audrie off of Flamingo. It wasn't too difficult to find parking during the week, but it was harder on Friday and Friday Night when it got more crowded. The location of the Flamingo is great. i would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!