“Gross rooms” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Frankfort, Illinois
“Gross rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I have made many trips together to Vegas, and usually stay at the Flamingo. This last trip will be our last stay there! The front desk person was very argumentative, and started things out poorly. I must have pissed him off when I remarked about his behavior, and told him that I would remember his name {altho I had no intention of reporting his behavior/I'm not like that}... because the next thing he says is,"I have a great room for you, you will love it!"
We were given the nastiest room! Carpeting old, with huge stains, and unraveling at the walls. closet doors falling off the hinges, and a toilet that ran all nite! Just the worst. Almost as bad as some of the front desk personels!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

10,372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,039)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been to Vegas numerous times, and had stayed at the Flamingo twice before, not again. When we checked in the lady was very nice and chatty. Our room was WAY in the back, with a continous running bathtub faucet, took maintenance 2 1/2 hours to come to the room, he wasn't sure he could fix it that night, got another room, now it is 4 hours after check-in, this room was on a different floor WAY in the back, with 3 out of 4 lights in the bathroom burnt out, no plug for the sink and a burnt out light on the night table. Did get another room the next morning that was acceptable and a $30.00 dining credit which was never able to access in the resturant. They have renovated the rooms (with their awful hot pink drapes), but the bathrooms have been completely forgotten. The postive all the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Maybe paying for the upgrade would help, but should you have to?
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed in a Go Deluxe room because this is a very old hotel. Glad we did because I've talked to few people (at seminars that I attended) and their regular room sounded pretty bad. The room itself is okay other than stains on the sofa, chair (the chair definitely should be thrown away) and carpet. The housekeeper seemed to be half asleep when they cleaned up the room. When we checked in, they forgot bath soap, bath mat, coffee cups (yes! there's a coffee maker in the room), etc. They didn't wipe out dirt on the wall (see picture).

The wall is paper thin. We both could hear clearly people staying on one side of our room. So much for privacy. The writing area is very small and there's a tray for coffee maker, glasses, cups, and table lamp so there's only a room enough to charge your tablet, but not for a lap top. Internet is $14 per 24 hour (the sign on the desk was missing so I had to call front desk). It's not cheap for a hotel this old.

The A/C is loud and it didn't work well as often times it continued to blow air all the time even though you already set the temperature. The bed is a bit on the soft side for me but that's only a matter of preference. Shower pressure is weak.

One day I went back to the room and found no coffee so I asked a housekeeper who happened to be cleaning a room across the hallway. Didn't know she was the one that also cleaned our room. She was extremely rude and offensive. She told me at first that I could only get 2 coffee per day before she even found out that I asked for coffee because there's none at all. Then, after I asked for cups and sugar, she accused me for having my computer out on that desk and that's why she forgot to replace the coffee, cups, etc. Can you believe this woman???? I told her I had no computer. I always put away my computer as soon as I leave my hotel room. She didn't even apologize for accusing me in the first place and for doing a crappy job. I would have reported her to management but I had to stay there for a few more days. She needs to be warned or fired to have that kind of attitude with a hotel guest.

If it were not because of the seminars, I would have never considered staying at this hotel. Just a matter of convenience. Plus having a UPS store in the lobby level helps. I shipped all my books from the seminars back home.

Room Tip: If you must stay in this hotel, spend a little extra money and book their Go Deluxe room. It's n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Flamingo for 4 nights, November 13 through November 17. As a Total Rewards member I had booked a FAB Deluxe room online for a total of $35 which was for Friday night, the other nights were comped. I received an upgrade email about 1 week prior, indicating I could upgraded to a GO room for $20 a night, so I did that.
I had an early flight in and arrived at the Flamingo at about 11:50 am or so. There were a couple of people in line, but I used the GOLD reward member line and was able to check in very quickly and with no early check in fee.
I had a room on the 22nd floor facing the rear of the property. The room was a decent size, and clean. you have to get used to the pink in the bathroom. There was a fridge and coffee maker in the room. There is a safe in the closet but it is not very deep and a protrusion on the door makes it even more shallow. I could fit my money and ipad, but not my SLR camera. There was a problem with the safe that it would error the first time I tried to lock it each time. If I locked it again right away, then it worked. The air conditioner in the room was very loud. Also, the safe door opened towards the close opening which made it difficult to see into etc, it seems like the door should of opened the other way to make it easier. Housekeeping was sporadic as to when they would come. On the second day they came before 1pm, the next day it wasn't until after 4.
Access to the strip was very easy and getting into and out of the parking garage was quick by using the back entrance from Audrie off of Flamingo. It wasn't too difficult to find parking during the week, but it was harder on Friday and Friday Night when it got more crowded. The location of the Flamingo is great. i would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Date: 11/25 to 11/28/2012 – Room 1769

Room Type: Go Room (NO VIEW)

View : Habitat, Pool, LINQ construction (I could see the base for the new Ferris wheel at distance)

Background: 30+ trips to Vegas. Stayed in the Encore to MGM to The Orleans and many hotels in-between

This was my first stay at the Flamingo.

Note: It seems like all hotels in Vegas have renovated rooms and non-renovated rooms therefore you get so many different reviews.

I have visited the Flamingo numerous times and it was on my bucket list for awhile. I wanted to stay in the hotel that started the strip.

Check-in: Arrived around 1:00 pm and was able to check in with no early arrival fee. There is a separate line for Total Reward player’s card members so I stood in that line. There were only around 5 people in each line.

Room: The room was spotless. The tub was so clean I took a bath every night. The beds were very comfortable. The drapes are closed electronically from a switch located above the night stand which was nice. These rooms have a free coffee maker and 2 cups of coffee are supplied daily. I also brought Folgers coffee single cup coffee pods to make extra coffee. There is TV in the bathroom mirror which was a nice touch. I didn’t hear the construction noise either. (See photos)

Location: Is mid-strip so easy access to the other hotels.

Maid Service: The room was cleaned nicely, but twice no coffee was left. I just called housekeeping and they sent up coffee within 5 minutes.

Slots: My first day someone won $5,000 (some odd dollars) on the slots right when you come off the elevator from your room. (see photo).

Food – I only ate at Johnny Rockets. I had a hamburger and fries which was $10. I felt it was way over-priced. There is a pizza place near the habitat that had pretty good pizza.

I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a "GO ROOM" which are renovated and have a coffee maker and free coffee
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've been to Las Vegas countless times, and the majority of those times I've booked a room at The Flamingo Hotel. Yes, there are far nicer/fancier hotels with many bells and whistles, but I find there is nothing wrong with this hotel.

First off, some of the rooms are on the older side, but they have redone rooms and they are 100% up to date. I've never had any issues with any of the older rooms I've stayed in. They have always been clean and comfortable. The newer rooms are of course "prettier" and more modern, so I would suggest comparing them both when booking and see what works best for you. This hotel is very affordable and centrally located on the strip. Many other hotels are in walking distance.

If you are going in the warmer months the Flamingo has a fantastic pool-in fact, one of the nicest. A pretty waterfall, great music, serice, and ample room though it does crowd up during peak seasons, but that's going to be at any hotel over there.

I don't think their casino is anything to jump for joy over. Its actaully (or was when I visited two years ago) on the older side. You can access it straight from the strip so there are all kinds of characters there, but hey thats part of the Vegas charm. When it comes to Casinos and themes, this one isn't on top as there isn't much to it. There was Margaritaville (restaurant) attached which was a fun place to eat- Vegas is ever changing and places come and go within months of eachother sometimes, so if this restaurant isn't there, I apologize though its been there for so long I can't see it going...

So, if you're looking for an affordable place to stay, with a great pool, good rooms, and located in the middle of things, definitely add this hotel to your list of possibile places to stay.

Room Tip: the rooms that overlook the pool are pretty fun, even though depending on how high you are and the p...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed two nights at the Flamingo and it was a great location to walk to many of the shows and other strip hotels. The room was clean and basic. I used the spa and had a great hot stone massage. Plenty of restaurants and the gambling at their casino wasn't bad either. They have luggage storage and it is easy to grab a shuttle bus back to the airport. Catch the "Donny and Marie" show performing in their show room.

Room Tip: We were in the non-smoking section of the hotel and the elevators were close to the spa.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!