“Good for the Price; Excellent Location” 3 of 5 stars

33% Off Extend Summer!
Ranked #128 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sicklerville, New Jersey
“Good for the Price; Excellent Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Flamingo for 4 nights, November 13 through November 17. As a Total Rewards member I had booked a FAB Deluxe room online for a total of $35 which was for Friday night, the other nights were comped. I received an upgrade email about 1 week prior, indicating I could upgraded to a GO room for $20 a night, so I did that.
I had an early flight in and arrived at the Flamingo at about 11:50 am or so. There were a couple of people in line, but I used the GOLD reward member line and was able to check in very quickly and with no early check in fee.
I had a room on the 22nd floor facing the rear of the property. The room was a decent size, and clean. you have to get used to the pink in the bathroom. There was a fridge and coffee maker in the room. There is a safe in the closet but it is not very deep and a protrusion on the door makes it even more shallow. I could fit my money and ipad, but not my SLR camera. There was a problem with the safe that it would error the first time I tried to lock it each time. If I locked it again right away, then it worked. The air conditioner in the room was very loud. Also, the safe door opened towards the close opening which made it difficult to see into etc, it seems like the door should of opened the other way to make it easier. Housekeeping was sporadic as to when they would come. On the second day they came before 1pm, the next day it wasn't until after 4.
Access to the strip was very easy and getting into and out of the parking garage was quick by using the back entrance from Audrie off of Flamingo. It wasn't too difficult to find parking during the week, but it was harder on Friday and Friday Night when it got more crowded. The location of the Flamingo is great. i would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,822)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Date: 11/25 to 11/28/2012 – Room 1769

Room Type: Go Room (NO VIEW)

View : Habitat, Pool, LINQ construction (I could see the base for the new Ferris wheel at distance)

Background: 30+ trips to Vegas. Stayed in the Encore to MGM to The Orleans and many hotels in-between

This was my first stay at the Flamingo.

Note: It seems like all hotels in Vegas have renovated rooms and non-renovated rooms therefore you get so many different reviews.

I have visited the Flamingo numerous times and it was on my bucket list for awhile. I wanted to stay in the hotel that started the strip.

Check-in: Arrived around 1:00 pm and was able to check in with no early arrival fee. There is a separate line for Total Reward player’s card members so I stood in that line. There were only around 5 people in each line.

Room: The room was spotless. The tub was so clean I took a bath every night. The beds were very comfortable. The drapes are closed electronically from a switch located above the night stand which was nice. These rooms have a free coffee maker and 2 cups of coffee are supplied daily. I also brought Folgers coffee single cup coffee pods to make extra coffee. There is TV in the bathroom mirror which was a nice touch. I didn’t hear the construction noise either. (See photos)

Location: Is mid-strip so easy access to the other hotels.

Maid Service: The room was cleaned nicely, but twice no coffee was left. I just called housekeeping and they sent up coffee within 5 minutes.

Slots: My first day someone won $5,000 (some odd dollars) on the slots right when you come off the elevator from your room. (see photo).

Food – I only ate at Johnny Rockets. I had a hamburger and fries which was $10. I felt it was way over-priced. There is a pizza place near the habitat that had pretty good pizza.

I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a "GO ROOM" which are renovated and have a coffee maker and free coffee
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've been to Las Vegas countless times, and the majority of those times I've booked a room at The Flamingo Hotel. Yes, there are far nicer/fancier hotels with many bells and whistles, but I find there is nothing wrong with this hotel.

First off, some of the rooms are on the older side, but they have redone rooms and they are 100% up to date. I've never had any issues with any of the older rooms I've stayed in. They have always been clean and comfortable. The newer rooms are of course "prettier" and more modern, so I would suggest comparing them both when booking and see what works best for you. This hotel is very affordable and centrally located on the strip. Many other hotels are in walking distance.

If you are going in the warmer months the Flamingo has a fantastic pool-in fact, one of the nicest. A pretty waterfall, great music, serice, and ample room though it does crowd up during peak seasons, but that's going to be at any hotel over there.

I don't think their casino is anything to jump for joy over. Its actaully (or was when I visited two years ago) on the older side. You can access it straight from the strip so there are all kinds of characters there, but hey thats part of the Vegas charm. When it comes to Casinos and themes, this one isn't on top as there isn't much to it. There was Margaritaville (restaurant) attached which was a fun place to eat- Vegas is ever changing and places come and go within months of eachother sometimes, so if this restaurant isn't there, I apologize though its been there for so long I can't see it going...

So, if you're looking for an affordable place to stay, with a great pool, good rooms, and located in the middle of things, definitely add this hotel to your list of possibile places to stay.

Room Tip: the rooms that overlook the pool are pretty fun, even though depending on how high you are and the p...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed two nights at the Flamingo and it was a great location to walk to many of the shows and other strip hotels. The room was clean and basic. I used the spa and had a great hot stone massage. Plenty of restaurants and the gambling at their casino wasn't bad either. They have luggage storage and it is easy to grab a shuttle bus back to the airport. Catch the "Donny and Marie" show performing in their show room.

Room Tip: We were in the non-smoking section of the hotel and the elevators were close to the spa.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

It's time they updated this hotel. The hallways were filthy, especially the carpeting. The elevators inside were beaten up and dirty. Our room was updated, the beds were good. The bathroom still needed to be updated. It had mould around the tub and even the light switches were dirty. Cleaning was not a priority. We were supposed to be on a nonsmoking floor. Everyone smoked everywhere. They charged us extra as we checked in at 12:30, eventhough the room was already made up. Customer service was terrible. My husband and I stayed there 20 years ago a number of times and it was geat then. Now they think they can rip everybody off. Except for the ideal location, I would not recommend this hotel and we will never stay there again. This was my friend's first trip to Las Vegas and I was totally embarrassed about the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side are better, but they're an upgrade and you still have to go on the s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Please excuse the forthcoming length of my review, but where oh where do I start? First off was my first impression. It all started with the check-in. Upon arrival, I saw the LONGEST check in line I've ever encountered in my life, and it was nearly midnight already!! Check in took nearly 90 minutes! I felt bad because the front desk clerk was perfectly nice albeit beleaguered. Next: parking. At what was then 1:45 am, finding a spot took nearly 45 additional minutes! Now the room. After an exhaustive arrival/check in process, I was craving bedtime; but the beds sucked. The mattress and pillows were WAY too hard (I ended up buying my own pillow at Target and then I was alright). The next night, parking took over 2 HOURS and the supervisor said when I called to complain "What do you want me to do about it?". Excuse me?! That's your job. The rays of light were the maid I encountered and a night manager who helped me out after my sister was in the hospital. Other than that, don't walk, RUN from this place!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dearborn, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I got an amazing Cyber Monday deal that I couldn't pass by. I stayed at the Flamingo on 11/28 - 12/1. The checkin process was long, but then realized I could have cut my time in line in half if only I stayed in the Total Rewards Club line. I highly recommend joining their membership club as the prices and benefits sure make it worth it .

I got the fab room (the cheaper one). The view was bad, facing the interior courtyard of the hotel. But the room itself was clean, nicely decorated and simple. This to me would be about a $140 per night room, but I paid a LOT LOT LOT less than that.

The ONLY issue I had with the place were the insanely thin walls and doors. I could hear a normal volume conversation in the other room. Or anyone walking in the hallway could be heard crystal clear. Luckily I brought some earplugs to solve that problem.

I will stay at this hotel again for sure, as long as the price is right.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!