“No resort fee, no free WiFi” 2 of 5 stars

Semi-Annual Sale!
Ranked #130 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riverside, California
“No resort fee, no free WiFi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I would rather be charged a $20/day resort fee then pay the rate for WiFi...

My boyfriend and I stayed here 1 night when we extended our vacation at the last minute...we stayed in the deluxe "FAB" room and there really isn't anything FAB about it.

There is an echo (I assume because there is no carpet?), the bathroom is not updated, the bed was ok and that ECHO...I felt like I had to whisper.

The hallway was kind of creepy and it's no where near as nice and pretty as where the GO rooms are.

The parking garage is kind of confusing, valet takes up the first 2 floors (there are 7 total) and there is a bit of a walk from parking to elevators.

THERE IS NO RESORT FEE WHICH MEANS NO FREE WIFI. The rate is $14(-/+) per 24hr. period PER LAPTOP! Which means you will have to pay for each laptop, tablet or smartphone that you need to access the internet...and the service on my iPhone wasn't that strong either.

Other than that, it's located in a really great spot on the strip....they have an awesome pool too. There is construction going on next door at Imperial Palace but I don't know if you are able to hear them working or not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,352)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Reserved a renovated room for a few nights in May (took advantage of a great offer), but after reading the reviews, I was considering cancelling and reserving elsewhere. We decided to give it a chance.
Check in-long line (as in most hotels), but moved quickly. Receptionist was very, very nice and appeasing.
Room-Room was immaculate with a good view of the Bellagio fountain. Left a tip daily to ensure room would be clean. Decor was a little cheesy, but I still liked it.
Dining-Buffet was very good and priced right. Pizza was good at the hotel. We enjoyed sitting outside looking at the little wildlife.
Location-Excellent
Elevators-Crowded, just like other hotels, but surely not a long wait.
Overall-Clean room, good location, good food, friendly staff, priced right. Would go again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The room itself was ok - looked like they renovated it part way... flat screen TV, new bedding, new flooring.. but the furniture was old and chipped and that's where it really stopped! The bathroom was old and gross... see pictures! A bad paint job to cover up chipping, sink was detached from counter, sink didn't drain... If you are going to renovate - do it all the way!!! They cheaped out! I guess seeing the other reviews - the Suites are the way to go - sounds like they renovated them all the way... I do have one compliment - the staff was very friendly and nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Connecticut USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from 5 days at the Flamingo. Stayed there because of a convention I was attending and that's the only reason I would ever stay their.

Check in took 45 minutes. While there were plenty of terminals at their check in desk, only about half of them had anyone working. Walking back through the lobby a couple of hours later after dinner and the line was twice as long as when I checked in. Can't imagined how long those folks waited to get checked in.

Because of all of the poor reviews posted here, when the clerk offered me an upgrade from out Go rom to a mini-suite for $30 more per night, I jumped at the offer. While the room was large, the condition of the room and the hotel points to a lack of interest in maintenance.

For 3 days there was a leak in the ceiling in the elevator lobby on my floor. Other than placing a pail under the steady drip, nothing was done for 3 days. In my room there was a rip in the wallpaper in the bathroom, rust on the metal magnetic striker on the glass shower door and a lamp that didn't work.

I understand having a pink theme, being the Flamingo, but striving for a 60's look shouldn't mean that the place looks like it hasn't been updated since the 60's. There were no dressers in the room and the drawers in the night stands and desk were about 2" high, enough room for 1 shirt per drawer. One of the handles on the closet doors was bent. The remotes for the TVs were small and flimsy and the channel numbers weren't display on screen when changing channels so I had no idea what station I was watching.

Other then the location and the price, there's not much I would recommend about the Flamingo.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Check in was good and the desk attendant was very friendly. However, the positive experience ended there. We booked two rooms both of the initial rooms were smoking rooms. Upon walking into the room me and a friend were staying in we were greeted by a terrible smell that was definitely not smoke. It was so bad that my friend ran to the bathroom and puked (and she is the smoker!!!) Everything was covered by a layer of dust an inch thick. The toilet was so dirty it couldn't have been cleaned in months. The floor had crumbs all over. There were dead bugs and dirty sheets on our beds. We went down to the desk to switch our room and they argued with us about switching it! After arguing with a desk attendant for 20 minutes we were finally switched to another room. We grab our stuff and travel all the way to our new room only to find out our keys did not work. The desk attendant we saw about the problem was unkind and failed to apologize for giving us keys that did not work. (And no we did not put them by our credit cards or cell phones!) There was no remote in the new room and the one they brought up didn't work. The walls were so thin that we could hear our neighbors constantly. Also the shower was so gross that I refused to shower in it. There was no cover type thing over the drain and there was a vent in the shower that was missing its flaps and was covered in filth and dust. Overall there are no benefits to staying in this hotel and it is extremely run down and gross.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Unfortunately we stayed at the Flamingo on new years day and had lots of party goers still hanging around.
Check in was slow due to the crowd but I have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful under the circumstances. Rooms are big but old and dated and in need of some TLC. Nothing in the rooms but beds and tv so you have to head out to the casino to get anything. Not recommended for a family more a cheap party hotel for teens etc.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Sterling Hts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We've been to Vegas about 3 times so this trip makes it 4 times. I always like staying in the middle of the strip in one of the hotels. We chose the Flamingo this time. love it and prob will stay there again. But if you don't get to the pool by 9am forget finding a chair. We had to load our stuff on a chair and just sit in the pool. But it was nice other than that. Everyone was friendly...the dealers and staff. I re-newed my wedding vows while I was there by Elvis. That was a great experience. I got my make-up done and hair in the salon inside the Flamingo...was on the pricey side but it was worth it. We went in late June which is super hot, so I would avoid the hot months unless you don't care about the heat.

Room Tip: We got in the newer part of the hotel. Our view overlooked the strip. So I would suggest the habit...