“It got the job done” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“It got the job done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is an older property, so there is some wear-and-tear in many places. But it still a good value in an excellent location.

I had a FAB room on the 27th floor, facing Treasure Island. The room looked like it had been renovated, but again there were signs of oldness abound. But I don't spend a lot of time in the room, and housekeeping did a good job every day.

The casino is one of the smokiest I've ever been in, but it was alright. There are other casinos out there that I like gambling in more.

The food was good. The staff was very friendly. And the pool was OUTSTANDING.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. This is one of those hotels where if you can get over the fact that "it's not the Wynn," you'll be just fine. I give the Flamingo a thumbs-up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

11,680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,622)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Six nights in a GO Luxury View room, my second visit in two years. Flamingo gets alot of bad review, but frankly, I've never had anything but an enjoyable stay. Arrived on a Sat afternoon, check in took less than 30 mins from stepping in line to having key in hand. Room was very clean; better than previous years. My room was on the 24th floor, facing west/Caesar's. The only negative about the room was the noise from Pure, that can be heard until early hours of the morning. I prefer the south/Bally's view, but none were available. However, the noise wasn't from Pure wasn't terrible, and wouldn't deter me from staying on that side of the property again. Parking was not an issue the entire week, had no problems at all finding a spot in the self park garage all week.

The only negative was the pool. I love the Flamingo Pool, but it was a major disappointment this trip. The pool was very crowded, and getting a lounger is very difficult. Having said that, I enjoy the pool, the music, the atmosphere, and I can deal with the crowds. The disappointing part for me on this visit was this....I don't mind not having a lounger. I usually travel solo, so as long as I have a spot of concrete near the pool edge to stow my flip flops, towel, etc., I'm good to go. The practice of "reserving" loungers by placing towels over them, and then disappearing seems to have spread to the pool edge this year. Both times I was at the pool, nearly every inch of real estate at the edge of the pool had towels laid out, but no one in sight. I only went to the pool twice this trip, because I got frustrated at not being able to even find a spot to get in, without stepping all over someone’s unattended crap. Hopefully someone from the Flamingo reads these reviews and will take this as constructive criticism. I enjoy the Flamingo, but the pool situation may cause me to consider other options on future visits.

Room Tip: Choose a GO Luxury View room that faces south/Bally's, as opposed to Caesar's Palace. The n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This trip we got a FAB room. It was ok but not as good as a GO room. Our AC never really cooled the room off. Our friends also had a FAB room and they had to move because they couldnt get hot water or AC. We still love to gamble here but not sure we will stay again.

Room Tip: GO room is the only one I would recommend.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Buda, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just got back from 4 nights in Vegas. Spent one night in a GO Room, Always upgrade to one of these rooms b/c they are really nice and the other rooms in the hotel, not so much. We had a comp of 2 nights.
We have stayed here many times, but the property has really gone downhill and we will probably not stay here again.

Pros - LOCATION, GO rooms and really nice and ours was very nice. Pool is great, it was crowded but not too bad and it was clean. The music and booty shaking contest, I could have done without, but it is a younger, party crowd here and anyone can go to this pool, they don't check room keys. Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville casino and restaurant and awesome but the casino part should be bigger and take over more of the Flamingo. We ate at the restaurant and the food was good as usual.
Cons - the hallways are dirty and HOT, half the elevators in the bank of elevators we used to get to our rooms weren't working and the elevators don't appear to have AC either! This entire hotel desperately needs updating but they are always bust b/c the rates are fairly low and it's a good location. The casino is not very clean, needs work!
Carlos & Charlies - the food was possibly the worst "Mexican" food I have ever had! The worst nachos, not that great of service! Don't waste your $$ here!

Saw Donnie & Marie and they put on a great show, very interactive with the audience. I was a huge Osmond fan as a kid so this show was a treat! Also saw George Wallace and he was good as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have always liked to stay at the Flamingo but it has really gone downhill. We felt mistreated at arrival. It took 6 hours to get us a room that we finally got to at almost 3:00 in the morning. We then had to change rooms again the next day to get what we had booked originally. We did stay in the Go Rooms which are nice. Large, comfortable and clean. We have also always enjoyed breakfast at the cafe and it wasn't quite the quality we have enjoyed in the past. We were there mid-April and the weather was beautiful. We were able to enjoy the adult pool and a comfortable covered lounge bed. However, we did see many disappointed children as the kids pool was closed.

Room Tip: I would not stay here if I could not have a Go Room. I have seen the other types of rooms and the Go...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is fantastic, it is centrally located making it easy to walk in either direction without collapsing (the strip is longer thanyou think). It is not as modern as some hotels but it supplies everything you need and their buffet is great and the magaritas are to die for.
We stayed there with our family, and they loved the pool, just big enough yet safe enough for families. The view if you get a strip view room is amazing and you just can't wait to get down thier and mingle with the other tourists.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my family for a week. Hotel is in great location on strip across from Caesars Palace. We had three teenagers with is so the pool area was a huge reason for choosing this location. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Room was nice and clean. Well worth the rate I paid. Not the nicest hotel on strip but good deal for price.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!