“I don't know......” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“I don't know......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stats: Beds; comfy, Bathroom; classic Caesars Entertainment style, i.e functional, Room size; above average, Check in; laborious, pathetic, insert any other negative adjective here.
Overall impression; stayed in the new fab luxury rooms, they have had a go at making something nice here and to a large part have succeeded, the faux hardwood floors are ok, much better then the old stained carpet the Flamingo used to have. The rooms are funky and fresh. The big big problem this place has is check in, I've been here at many different times and it's a shambles, this time it took an hour, express check in was down, half the windows were closed and the line management was spectacularly woeful. I did see a number of grey haired guys in suits walking around looking important but doing nothing, honestly charge a resort fee, hire some more staff and provide Internet. Unless you are patient I'd go elsewhere .

Room Tip: Stand in line for check in at 9am
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

11,683 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,625)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We've been to Vegas a bunch of times and this trip we stayed on the 26th floor over President's Day weekend facing Caesars Palace on a 4 night comp. Had a great view of
Caesars Palace, Bellagio, and the Mirage with the Rio and the Palms in the near distance. Even though The Flamingo is showing it's age it's still one of the classics on the strip and you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT beat the location as center strip. If you complain about it being worn out, do some research on when this ol classic was built before you complain or just stay at the Bellagio, Wynn, Encore, or the Venetian and pay the extra for the newness if that is what you need....We stayed in one of the newly rennovated luxuries and had absolutely zero complaints. All interactions with the staff were GREAT over the four days. A note to total rewards members...if you are platnium or above go to the VIP check in area and you won't need to stand in the 20 deep check in line in the lobby. It's right next to the check in area. The casino was smoky, the slots were tight, and the blackjack isn't the best in Vegas but that is why there are cabs to take you downtown to find more tight slots, more smoky casinos, and only slightly better blackjack...or just stumble to Bill's right next door. They will enjoy your play as well and keep the booze flowing and provide you another smoky atmosphere....(isn't that why we go to Vegas?) Thank you Flamingo for another great stay and we will see ya in October!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We arrived at the Flamingo to an irritatingly long check in line. We asked if we could have rooms revised to where we were next to our friends, and were offered a $20 upgrade to do so, and we accepted. With that being said, we made our way to the 20th floor. The room was decent, and the beds were amazing, cushy with a big fleece throw on each bed. The reader lamps on either sides of the bed were burned out, and as soon as I called to get them replaced, staff came right up to replace them, same when I called for extra bath towels. Downsides to the room was the bathroom door didn't shut correctly, and there was no bathroom fan, and no way to get fresh air in the room. There was a weird fan/heater button contraption on the wall and it didn't do much. There was a fridge and coffeemaker in the room. It would have been nice if there were any options with purchases to buy, like drinks or snacks, but there weren't. Room service was extremely expensive. Anywhere in the hotel, you had to pay for water and there were no water fountains. A bottle of water was $3.50. A basic and weak vodka soda, or glass of house Chardonnay was $7.50. Bartenders scarcely came around while gambling. Food was also very expensive, like $10 for a piece of pizza and a soda. Wildlife habitat was under remodel although we enjoyed looking at the koi and the flamingos that were still there. Next time, I'm trying the Golden Nugget.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a remodeled room. I heard awful things about rooms on the lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Caerleon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This will be a positive in all respects bar one, if one of your primary considerations is the pool, be careful they close it at their (‘The Managements’) whim (more on pool towards end of review).
My wife and have just returned from a Southern California (inc LV) Road Trip where we stayed at 8 different hotels so have quite a lot to compare our reviews against. Stayed at the Flamingo LV on the 9&10 Oct 2011.
Let me start this review (my first ever) with stating that the Flamingo was very good value (£35/$55 – Hotels.com). As you have probably guessed we had one of the less expensive rooms (a basic Deluxe Room with King Bed). The hotel is rated at 3½* which is about right. The room was clean (1st priority), well appointed, comfortable bed, spacious with a very pleasant view of the back garden/pool area and the north-eastern desert/mountains (roof to floor window). The hotel is in a prime position for exploring the strip with it being almost opposite Bellagio’s immensely enjoyable water feature (i.e. virtually the centre of the strip).
When in Vegas my wife and I tend to treat a hotel as our base for sleeping, getting ready to go out and relaxing by the pool. Therefore when we researched which hotel to stay at (Trip Advisor, etc) the pool facilities was high one our list of essential facilities. There were some fantastic deals about for the time we would be in Vegas (Trump Tower even cheaper than Flamingo) but we went for the Flamingo as it was reported (cheapovegas.com) as having one of the finest pools on the strip, and it didn’t include the rip-off additional hotel tax called the ‘Resort Fee’.
Now comes my grip, the pool at the Flamingo was a huge disappointment, not so much the pool itself but that we couldn’t use it. Firstly they (‘The Management’) close the pool at 1700hrs (Oct onwards at least). The fun part of the pool, cascading slides/pools into the main pool, was closed completely for the rest of the season. To make it even worse, ‘The Management’ closes the main (larger, 16yrs+) pool at their discretion which could be they are using it later for a Wedding, or we were told it might be for cold weather. We unfortunately fell foul of almost all of the above. Day we checked in (check-in time 1600hrs); by the time we got down to the pool (1645hrs) we were too late as the pool was closing, very disappointing after a long drive from Death Valley especially when the air temperature at 1645hrs was still in the 80s. Next day after exploring some of the North part of the Strip we went down for a swim and relax (1300hrs) only to find the main pool closed for swimming (Wedding at 1700hrs) but they roped off a small section for sunbathing. As they had roped off the vast majority of the main pool it left the hotel guests playing sardines for space (i.e. 1” if lucky between sun beds. Entertainment was provided however, by two delightful young ladies (20s/30s) who went for a dip in the pool, but were evicted shortly after by the security guard who was there purely to prevent hotel guests from entering the hotel pool. After this incident there was open rebellion (verbally not physically) resulting in the security guard again checking if hotel guests could be allowed to swim in the hotel pool (to no avail however – which implies to me, and from what I could see most of the other hotels guests around the pool, the degree of respect the hotel management affords its room paying guests). The smaller pool that remained open, until 1700hrs that is, was very crowded.
My wife who almost never complains was so incensed/disappointed she went to reception and complained to ‘The Management’. It was like talking to a brick wall but it did indicate that this wasn’t an isolated incidence but that ‘The Management’ closed the pools whenever they saw fit, even suggesting the 1700hrs close time was due to the season (i.e. 80s at 1700hrs is too cold for guests so don’t even give them the choose). ‘The Management’ representative finally said she thought guests could use the pools at Caesar’s Palace (although this seemed an unconfirmed afterthought). We asked why we (and all guests) weren’t told of pool closures and the Caesar’s Palace alternative arrangement when we checked in. No response from ‘The Management’ representative, what a surprise.
In comparison our 3rd night in Vegas was spent at the Golden Nugget in the older Downtown area where its fun pool (Shark Tank and Slides) remained open until 2000hrs and the 16yr+ smaller infinity pool and jacuzzi stayed open until 0200hrs in the morning. The atmosphere at the hotel pool and on Fremont Street was electric. It was the first time we’d stayed in the downtown area and although it’s not as glitzy as the strip, it has the atmosphere that makes it a far better experience.
Conclusion: If you can get the Flamingo for the right price, you aren’t interested in the pool facilities and want the glitz of the strip rather than the atmosphere of Fremont Street then the Flaming will provide all you want. If you want use of the pool however, double check (if you can) its availability and alternative arrangements, or in my opinion book a different hotel that values its room paying guests and can confirm pool hours and availability. Thanks for reading this review, I feel better now but more importantly you are armed with another viewpoint of the Flamingo hotel Las Vegas.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntley, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I visited the Flamingo from January 28 through February 4th. We had a Go Room that was a suite. The room was nice with a comfortable bed, and we had a view of the gardens, and unfortunately of the construction where a new restaurant is going in. Since it was winter we did not get to use the pool.

The hotel is in a great location on the strip, with easy access to some of the nicest hotels. Our room was clean and quiet, but the casino is a little run down.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the updated rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Brenham, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were there Jan 21-24. Can't complain much, because out total room cost for 3 nights was $55 plus taxes, thanks to our Total Rewards card.
We love the location and the view of Caesar's and the fountains of Bellagio is awesome.
My wife loves Caesar's, as do I, but I tell her that I'd rather be in the Flamingo looking at Caesar's than in Caesar's looking at the Flamingo (plastered with that huge pic of Donnie and Marie.)
BUT, we had a couple of bad experiences.
We don't normally have our room cleaned every night when we are in a hotel. It's just wasteful, unless we need towels and soap replenished.
However, since there was no do not disturb sign, our room was cleaned.
When we got back to the room, the maid was cleaning the next room, and I gave her a tip.
Once we were in the room, my wife wanted a drink of water and noticed that her cup (one of those nice insulated plastic cups that costs about $15) was gone. We looked everywhere but it was gone.
I found the maid and tried to ask her, but she spoke only Chinese. I looked in her trash the best I could without digging in it, but no cup. She directed me to another maid who supposedly spoke better English, but after my long explanation, she apparently only understood the word "plastic", because she handed me a plastic bag for the ice bucket and said, "this?"
I know it's just a cup, but at this point it was really more about the theft, so I called housekeeping and they eventually sent someone to investigate.
Long story short (I know, too late), they said I would have to fill out a report with security.
I didn't want to get her in trouble, especially if someone else came in and stole it, so I dropped it and bought my wife a $20 cup at Margaritaville. lol.
Oh, and get this! We came down the elevator and my friend smelled smoke as we got out. Sure enough, there was smoke coming out of the trash can. Some idiot threw his cig into the trash! My friend poured her whole bottle of water on the smoldering trash and slowed it down. She told a bellman about the possible fire (hello, FIRE!). He was really put out, mumbling, "Now I'm never going to get an elevator," but he got someone. The second guy poured another bottle of water onto the glowing embers, and drowned it out. My friend asked for a replacement bottle of water, but the guy told her to go see someone at the front desk. That was fine until we saw there were about 100 people in line to check in. I guess $4 is not too big a price for saving your hotel. Wish you agreed.

Room Tip: Try to get a strip view. I hear tips work, but have not tried.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

for me still one of the best hotel in vegas!!!!the best location good service good food... great pool and my room perfect!!! so u don t need spend a lot money for posh hotel.... stay in flamingo!!!!!!

Room Tip: mini suite , large and great view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!