Let me set the record straight, as my wife and I just returned from a four night stay at the Flamingo. I travel to Las Vegas for business about 6 times per year and this time I went for a relaxing vacation and chose the Flamingo because of the spectacular pool.
First of all, if you are smart and check in at the airport, you will avoid the long line at the hotel. The check-in for Park Place Properties (owner of the Flamingo) is located by Baggage Claim #1. If you check in at the hotel, you deserve the long wait. Also, I slipped the check-in person a 20 dollar bill and got a free upgrade to an executive sized room on the top floor. By the way, we only paid $70 per night. Also, check out using the TV in your room, it takes five minutes. Make reservations through the Flamingo's 800-number. I did a lot of research and no web site or travel agent offered a better rate than the hotel itself.
The pool at this hotel is tremendous and even though it was very crowded, finding two chairs at noon never took more than five minutes.
Don't believe the 7am stories you hear, the pool area is HUGE and there are several locations where you can find chairs. People are coming and going all day long. We never got there before noon and never had a problem. The people crying about getting there at 7am are just lazy.
The only thing I will agree with is the fact that the food is very average (or worse) and you are better off eating somewhere else. For example, there is a fantastic Italian restaurant behind the hotel on Flamingo Rd. called Battistas. For about $20 per person you get a three course meal and free wine. It's a five minute walk. There are hundreds of good restaurants in Vegas, just not at the Flamingo.
Bottom line, if you want to hang at one of the best pools in Vegas, be right in the middle of the Strip and pay less than $80 a night, the Flamingo is for you. Just be aware that it is very crowded. There is no more slow times in Las Vegas. If you want a quiet vacation, go to Montana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vegas.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo