“Love The Smell” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Love The Smell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed here several times. This hotel has the best smell when you walk into it! Great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011

11,387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,520)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Jan 2011 trip reserved a GO room through LVA, On arrival was told that I had reserved a regular room even though I showed them confirmation of a reserved GO room. Apparently they had overbooked their GO rooms.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

The check-in was relatively fast and easy. We stayed in one of the newer Go rooms with a view of the Strip. The room is large and decorated in a flashy style which is not to our taste. The bathroom is very big and the water pressure and hot water were excellent. We were on an upper floor but you could still hear faint street noise. The hotel divides its rooms into towers, so you don't feel that there are so many people in your hotel. The elevator service was very good and we never had a wait of more than thirty seconds. The hallways and elevator carpeting were showing their age. I was suprised that the hallway carpets were not similar to any casino floor carpet but with more subdued colors. The central outside area was a veritable jungle and very nice even if it was hot. We didn't use any swimming pool but they looked good. The hotel has begun renovating rooms with the new GO rooms but it should look to get back its old glamour.

Room Tip: Check the Las Vegas Vegas Visitors Bureau discount rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
cypress, texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed on a Monday and Tuesday night. Rates were very cheap; we stayed here because my sister-in-law wanted to; she had last been to Vegas 8 years ago and that's where they stayed then. The room was absolutely horrid. Stained draperies, stained carpet in at least a dozen areas, broken lampshade, burnt out bulb, bathroom cabinets that were badly beaten up, broken closet door, and a bed like a canoe. To their credit, the sheets and towels were clean and not threadbare. Someone got stuck in the elevator the first night we were there, so they then had security guards riding up with us that day. Also extremely unappealing was the "used car lot" atmosphere of the hotel. There were people selling stuff in the lobbies every time you turned around. Shows, Photos, Toys....
We will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
peterborough ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We checked in on August 7th.We asked for a fridge and a couple of extra pillows.When we
got back to our room our laptop computer and a camera were missing.No one there cared.
Not security or the hotel.Las Vegas is fabulous but don't ever stay at the Flamingo.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very good hotel, centrally located, close to most attractions.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
ABQ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I don't typically use this term lightly. I've stayed at various hotels on the strip from Caesars's to Mandalay Bay and several in between and although I'm not what you would consider a high roller, I gamble enough to get comps and large discounts so perhaps I shouldn't complain with the room I get. But, I do spend money and lots of it and I'm more than willing to pay to upgrade if need be.
Originally I booked a comped Go Room with a view but their website somehow reset the calendar to June and I unknowingly (my fault for not checking the confirmation) had a reservation for a time I wasn't even going to be in Vegas. When I found the mistake I called to rebook for what I thought would be the same room type just different days. Upon arrival, check in was a nightmare, valet was on the opposite end of the Registration (and restrooms) and the closer drop off near registration was for Taxis and Limos only. (bad if you rent a motorized wheel chair like I did for my mother) The registration desk was packed with long lines with people already drinking from cases of beer (tacky). The staff were indifferent and frankly overwhelmed.
When we finally arrived in our room, it looked worse than a old Motel 6. Old with dirty carpets, correction, FILTHY carpets, no blanket, lamp shades broken and torn, furniture broken where chunks of wood were missing. Lighting was horrible, dingey and old. We were too exhausted to move that night so first thing in the morning I called customer service and explained to them that I thought we were getting a Go Room and that I'd be willing to pay the difference, so they changed our rooms. We had to wait for the bell to help us with our belongings (he was nice) but when we got to the new room, it wasn't a Go Room and only slightly cleaner than the previous room, it was just larger with newer carpeting. The lighting was still from 1960, old and dingey. Lamp shades all broken and torn. Bathroom small and also dingey. We were NOT in the mood to move again, if so, it would have been to a different hotel all together. So we just agreed to never stay here again. ( You know it's bad when the registration desk has a special line for room key exchange, must happen A LOT)
The elevators and hallways are also terrible and a lot of it has to do with the guests, I almost vomitted when I saw a glass on the hallway floor with cola and a bunch of cigarette butts floating in it. It was there later in the evening when we returned to our room, so for at least 8hrs. Hey Flamingo! Instead of building more buildings for vacation apartments, how about 1st fixing up your hotel?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!