“GREAT hotel stay, loved the GO room!” 4 of 5 stars

Hot Rates! Rooms from $39
Ranked #129 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Antonio, Texas, USA
“GREAT hotel stay, loved the GO room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Arrived for a five night stay on Monday, July 4th. Put the 20-dollar front desk sandwich to work and got a fantastic view of the Bellagio fountains for the price of a standard Go room. TIP THE DESK PEOPLE! They deserve it as they work harder than most with almost no tips and little thanks and they always appreciate it.

The rooms are fantastic - 50 inch plasma TV for non-gambling time (a few minutes a day) incredibly comfortable bed, mini-fridge, coffee makers, stellar location, housekeeping is incomparable, it's always clean and you can get everywhere on the strip fairly easily.

You really can't go wrong with the Flamingo for an upper moderate priced hotel. It's not the Bellagio or Wynn, but it's comfortable and reliable. This is our third stay at Flamingo and the only reason we may go elsewhere is the casino has become ...... so-so at best. It's too small, comparitively speaking and, well, aside from the Blackjack table dancers, it's just not happening there. (I'm sorry Flamingo guys.)

The thing is, it's so close to Cosmo, City Centre, Caesars, Harrah's, Bally's, Paris, PH, etc... that it's a perfect starting point.

But for a great room, value, location and hospitality, you really can't go wrong with the Flamingo.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,194)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We went there to celebrate my son's 21st birthday. The room was so old and spent. The carpet had about 5-6 pieces of dried gum that had turned black - scattered in front of the TV area in addition to it just being filthy There was no coffeemaker and no fridge. A piece of the molding was coming away from the wall. When you used the bathroom sink, even when the plug was totally out, it took forever for the water to drain from it. We will never come back to this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

When we arrived, the check-in line was over 45 people deep, so we jumped in the Total Rewards check-in, only to find that the line did not feed into any of the desk clerks, and there was no one to assist anyone from that line. Enough of us finally complained that they found someone to pull from the line. That should have been our first clue as to how poor the service at this hotel is. We upgraded to a room with a strip view...BIG MISTAKE! The noise from the nightclub, PURE, pounded into the room, making the furniture vibrate. They refused to swap out rooms that night, so we tried to sleep, and finally the next day got a different room. The air conditioning is terrible, and shuts off automatically in the GO rooms when you leave the room, so we had to deal with that, also. Basically, the rooms are hot and the service is terrible. Avoid the Flamingo.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I love staying at the Flamingo because of its great location - perfect to be in the middle of the action. Also used to love the pool but not anymore. Not only was the pool deck packed - not a chair to be found - and that was at 9am on a Thursday morning- but the pool itself was packed as well. The one day I did manage to find a chair - while my friend lounged at the Rio pool - i entered the water and when I came out to dry off - the towel turned brown. Not impressed!! This will be my last stay here I am sorry to say - unless they clean up the mess of the pool!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

The Flamingo is right in the middle of the strip and for me having never been to Vegas was a great start. I will say that I thought that the Flamingo was a bit older as in 80's or traditional Vegas and that was proven when I went out and seen other places like the Belagio, Paris, Venetian etc... However for the price, this was just fine.

I was dissappointed when i arrived after a long flight from Chicago that my non-smoking room smelled of smoke. So I called and they sent someone to spray the room with "febreeze"... Nice!

The room was a "GO" room... So what does that mean? It reminded me of Austin Powers. White vinyl headboard, mirrored ceiling, built in tv in bathroom mirror and pink and brown... Overall pretty cool for my first Vegas trip.

The Flamingo provides the perfect location for checking out the strip as it is right in the middle of everything. I would recomend staying here as there are no resort fees and the location.

After 9PM the dealers in the front by the street become "Pole Dancers". Just a heads up... Beers 5 dollars, but it is Vegas...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Northern Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Families beware - the pool, once touted as a "haven for young children " is no more - the only pool children are allowed in is a small one and when we were there, it was filled with so much gross stuff floating (clumps of hair, leaves, and a bunch of unidentifiable stuff) that we stayed a whopping 10 minutes and I forbid my kids to put their heads underwater. The waterslide pools were also filled with gross floating particles and don't open until 10am. All the pools close at 6pm on weekenights so if you were planning to enjoy the pools at night when the temperature cools a bit and it's the most enjoyable, you are out of luck. They do close at 7pm - on Friday and Sat nights. Our kids weren't even allowed to look at the four connected pools with the waterfalls, etc. That area is now adults only - with no adults enjoying the water, BTW. We specifically booked this hotel as we have children and were in Vegas one night on our way to California. We read in guidebooks and on this site that this pool was on par with Mandalay Bay for kids to enjoy, but that's not the case at all. We booked an "upgraded" room and though the mattresses were very comfortable, the whole room had a skanky feel to it. I can't even imagine what the "older" rooms look like! The hall and room carpets were incredibly stained and we didn't even want to think about what might be on the bedspreads. We will never ever stay here anymore - go to another hotel, or stay downtown - it's a bit more antiquated, but our room at the Golden Nugget on the way back from California was miles above this hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just stayed at the Flamingo for 3 nights. The check in was easy, the staff was polite and friendly, but the room was the roughest one I have ever stayed at in Vegas. I won't go into the details, but this room should have been out of service. The Flamingo is at one of the best locations on the strip and it's very convenient. Harrahs needs to put some money into the rooms, the old ones are frankly embarrassing. I travel to Vegas twice a year and frankly this is the first time I have ever stayed in a room in suck poor condition. Still had a great time, but I just quietly laughed to myself that a large corporation could put a room like this in service and charge someone money. I had a great trip and definitely upgrade to the newer rooms if your staying at Flamingo.

Room Tip: I got a better rate going to the website versus logging in with my total rewards card? Don't kn...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!