“Long time between trips” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #126 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Massey
“Long time between trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I enjoyed the trip - perfect time of year - weather was great - stay at Flamingo was good - comfortable- the staff was friendly and helpful. I went with a group of friends and we all enjoyed the trip

• Stayed February 2016, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We waited about an hour in a relatively small queue to check in, then had to pay $200 resort fee plus $300 breakages deposit, seems extravagant when we've paid for our room already. Room was a FAB King room in habitat, no complaints except lights weren't working, however someone did come and sort it while we were out. We got constantly hassled about time share, we learnt to ignore them. Great view from our room (floor 26). Didn't eat here. All in all, our room was clean and had a comfy bed so I was happy. Not happy about the resort fee prices, which include rubbish wifi and the gym. Staff were mostly very friendly. There are far nicer hotels within the same budget so wouldn't stay here again. Needs updating in places.

Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Usually I stay here once a year for a big convention. The hotel is convenient, with the monorail, and I have quick access to the convention center.

They took out the little cafe they had on the first floor by the bird sanctuary, I wish they would put it back. It was a nice place to have breakfast.

My biggest complaint is the Total Rewards policy. All your points expire after 6 months. For someone who only visits once a year, it's a bummer that I can't use my points.

Room Tip: Upper floors have better views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Farmersville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Rooms suck and beer waitresses are slow played for half the night got 2 beers buffet is horrible and waiters are slow there too had to ask 3 times to get refill on orange juice good location to go on the strip but is it worth it hotel needs to be updated it shows it age and is way behind on all the perks

Room Tip: Get a go room make sure it's a updated room or you will be sorry
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

ATL, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We got a room at the Flamingo. Requested a room on the strip but didn't get it. The time I was there was right before Superbowl 50. They were going under a new cable system & we had no television or cable our WHOLE STAY. They tried to replace the televison two times. They were in my room up until after 2:45am almost 3am, trying to get the cable & T.V. working. I had asked for a room change but they said they were all booked. Really??? Okay. They said I could change rooms the next day. I specifically asked them to call the room to let me know when my new room would be ready. They never called. No new room. They ended up giving me a food voucher comp for up to $50 to use at any Caesar property. I tried to use it the next day but had to jump through hoops to get them to give it to me. I left the hotel that next evening...Badly done Flamingo.
Other bads: They don't have a dinner buffet. Only allowed to use wifi for two devices per day. Sometimes it didn't work. The people in the lobby who's jobs are supposed to help you & direct you to the correct elevator sent us up on the wrong elevator. Twice. LOL. Comedy of errors. Too bad because it is a good location on the strip. House keeping does a good job :)

Green Features: They have a wildlife habitat on the casino grounds & it's FREE! It's home to Chilean Flamingos, and other exotic birds, turtles & koi fish. Apparently they keep a couple of rescued brown pelicans there as well.
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LandlockedATL
TotalService, Specialist Matt at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for sharing such helpful details about your stay at Flamingo. We apologize for any disappointment in your room and service. Our chief goal is to provide our guests with a relaxed and comfortable experience, so it is always disheartening when we are informed otherwise. We truly hope you will keep us in consideration when you make your next visit, as we would take that opportunity to deliver the kind of product and service you expect and deserve.

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've lived in Vegas for a lot of years now, and Flamingo has always been my top default recommendation for when my out of town friends visit for affordable prices, an awesome location, and solid quality. After this visit, I can no longer recommend this hotel to ANYONE. First: housekeeping did not clean up BROKEN GLASS on the floor of our hotel room before we checked into it, and there were difficult to see but very plentiful shards of glass littered over the bathroom and entryway. I only noticed after I took my shoes off to change. You guessed it, I stepped on a shard of glass. Luckily I was wearing nylons, so the sharp stab of pain ended up only ripping open the nylons and ruining them instead of my skin - I was able to pull it out of the nylons and carefully creep out of the area without injury. Not only did no one at the Flamingo apologize, the guest services dispatch told security WE broke the glass, and it has been DAYS and I haven't been contacted about being reimbursed for my RUINED property. I have called and called, and I know they have the incident on file because I filed a report (paperwork and all) but no one is capable of answering a phone or getting back to me. Absolutely awful.

On top of that: My friend who made the reservation received an email asking her to use virtual check-in, and it tried to weasel us into a lower quality room in a different tower via the virtual check-in. A Flamingo representative denied doing this when called, but could not explain how or why the virtual check-in was a different room than what she booked and had clear receipts and conformation for.

On top of THAT: The wifi did not work, at all. We were charged for wifi in the resort fee, but it never worked for a single hot second.

But wait! There's more: Not just broken glass, the bathroom had one light bulb burned out, a perpetually leaking tub faucet, the complementary toiletry bottles were mostly used already, the sink was severely clogged and drained at a snail's pace, there were mystery marks all over the (peeling!) bathroom wallpaper, and the AC/heater vent in the room was CAKED with filth. Housekeeping was sent up to take care of the bathroom, but when we returned, only MOST of the glass was cleaned up (a few shards remained), the light bulb was still out, and none of the toiletries were replaced. They also removed a clean towel, for some reason. In addition - and I know this isn't housekeeping's fault - the shower was the most depressing shower I've ever taken in my life. No water pressure at all, lukewarm water at best - I've taken better showers in remote outdoor camping locations in bad weather. Keep in mind this is in a room in the REFURBISHED TOWER. Not the old tower which has routinely terrified awful reviews, the "NEW" tower.

Once again - and this is the most important part - there was BROKEN GLASS all over the floor when we checked in, and despite having stepped on it and IRREPARABLY DAMAGED MY PROPERTY DUE TO THE FLAMINGO STAFF'S ERROR, no one at Flamingo will speak to me about it to reimburse the cost of a pair of nylons despite having filed all the correct paperwork with security.

The only reason this is not a one-star review is because the front desk staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, but if you have to, make sure you're not in the old tower.
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for the feedback. We regret the extensive issues you encountered during your stay. Our chief goal is to provide our guests with a relaxed and comfortable experience, so it is always disheartening when we are informed otherwise. We look forward to welcoming you back to Flamingo in the near future. If you have not yet been contacted by Housekeeping, please contact us at totalrewards@custhelp.com.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Room was clean and had a great view however when you advertise free wifi that's what I expected- not the case. Called front desk they transferred me to the tech service then they said someone would come to fix it and no one ever did. Not the end of the world but couldn't do computer work the entire time.

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
1 Thank dellatx
Thank you for the review. While we are pleased you enjoyed yourself in general, we regret any disappointment in our Wi-Fi. We hope you will consider staying at Flamingo again on your next visit.