“Bed Bugs & Noisy neighbours” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #129 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Bed Bugs & Noisy neighbours”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel attracted by it's location at budget price. Whilst we didn't expect luxury we did expect cleanliness.

The entire venue reeked of cigarette smoke. Our room was musty with dusk behind the furniture. After the second night I developed a rash on my arms which I had initially thought was an allergy. Then a few days later my partner developed the same rash. Since visiting our doctor the advice we have been given in that this rash is almost certainly attributed to bed bugs!

To top things of the people in the next room to us were partying every night, I must say the security staff did respond to our nightly complaints promptly which is the only positive thing a can say.

• Stayed May 2011

11,830 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,675)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here March 13-17. We arrived around 1:30 in the afternoon and didn't have to wait in line to check in. They offered the upgrade but we denied since we were not planning to spend time in the room other than to sleep. Our room was outdated as expected and needed some TLC but overall we were pleased as we were expecting worse. The elevators were quick and we never had to wait more than a few minutes no matter what time of day it was. The main pool was not open yet so we spent our time across the street at caesers pool ( which u can access any harrahs resort pools with a room key ) location was perect as its dab right in the middle of everything. Ellis island was 1 block behind and has cheap food and drinks. Overall for the price and the age of the place we were happy with it and have just booked another stay for the end of summer.

• Stayed March 2011
Newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I brought my mother-in-law to Vegas for her first time (I used to live in Vegas and have stayed at other strip casino hotels over the years). After reading many negative reviews, I was VERY concerned about staying at the Flamingo for a week long vacation, but the trip was already booked and paid for.

There was no line at registration when we arrived Sunday in the late afternoon and there were six workers checking in. The Deluxe room was clean and in a quiet location with a partial view of the garden (and a few roof tops). The down side was that it was too far from the elevator and I really wanted my mother-in-law to experience the strip view. So after a couple of nights, I requested a strip view Deluxe room (which I thought I had already paid for through my travel agent) and was told it was $20 more per night. After some struggle, the hotel registration worker settled at $10 more per night.

(I had booked a Southwest package through a travel agent which apparently is only the bare minimum because I had stressed to my agent that I wanted a GO room and a strip view and paid more than I thought for a basic Deluxe room with no view, especially after reading what others have paid. Anyway, that is a complaint with the agent, not the Flamingo...and the Registration staff was great).

The strip view Deluxe room was also nice and clean. The carpets in the hallways and in the room were what I would expect for a hotel of that age and for normal wear and tear. The bathroom, shower, and towels were clean. I was pleased to see that the bed cover is between two clean sheets which is a brilliant idea! The decor and paint colors were fine, didn't look out of style or past its prime. The strip view on Caesar's side is not as spectacular as the Bellagio side is and on a few nights we could hear the music pumping even though we were on the 25th floor; otherwise, we didn't hear anyone in the halls or next door to our room. The negative for us was the lack of a coffee maker (don't understand why they can't put one in these rooms also).

I stayed at Planet Hollywood a couple of years ago and it was fantastic, but it would have cost about $600-700 more for the week for the Bellagio fountain view. I also stayed at the Luxor a couple of years ago and the rooms in the pyramid area were definitely wore out, dirty, and outdated (the tower location was clean but the décor was very plain) so in comparison, the Flamingo Deluxe room was clean and I liked the decor!

The cleaning staff was friendly and did a great job. The pools were nice but were packed during the day when we were there. The Flamingo provides plenty of seating but the high temps kept the pool busy.

We used the benches in the garden area frequently and they were in a beautiful setting (birds, fountains, waterfalls, and palm trees). The valet drivers were prompt and courteous. We decided to have a bellman retrieve our bags rather than walk through the casino or through the garden/pool area, which was well worth the $6 I tipped (for two large bags and one small bag).

I would stay again, but would book on my own or at another travel agency if staying in a GO room or strip view; however, I was pleasantly surprised with the Deluxe room and would stay in one again.

Room Tip: Confirm your room details with your agent.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I paid a decent price for my room and when I arrived I was very disappointed. I checked in to my hotel room at about 7pm and there were no less than 4 bundles of old linens outside of rooms. After taking a short walk down the strip I returned to my room at about 11 o clock and the bundles were still there. I paid $13 a night for internet which was meant to carry over a 24 hour period of time. When i woke up in the morning to check my email, I had no in room internet. Wi-fi worked OK but I hate using it in hotels. also during the entire first night my AC unit made a tapping that sounded like someone knocking on my door. Had a terrible first night but because it was late, i just tried to bear through it. I went to work and when I returned the internet still did not work. I went down to talk to someone at the front desk and explain the noise/ lack of internet and she gave me attitude. They sent a tech to look at it and said they would be up in 30 min. 35 min latter and very hungry I went to dinner. I returned and noted some items on the desk moved so I knew they had been in my room. The internet still did not work. I called down and they sent a tech up again. about 45 min latter the tech came and replaced the modem and said in about 10 min you should be good to go. 30 min latter still no internet. I spoke to them in the morning and told them about my situation and they said i could switch rooms. I told them I had to meet a college at work and would be right back. when I got back and got my bags packed in my room i came down to switch rooms and they told me they had none available. I waited for an hour in the lobby on company time while they cleaned a room for me. The only thing they offered to do for me to compensate was remove the $13 fee for the first two nights. The next room had a worse bed and slightly nicer furniture. While it had internet, every hour or so I would get massive wafts of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room. Could never recommend this hotel to someone else.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

After reading reviews I paid that bit extra for a GO Room. Boy was it worth it. We had a veiw overlooking the strip and the room was AMAZING!!! I loved everything about it and could have stayed much longer than the week. I was nervous after reading the reviews but it really is up to you what experience you have at the Flamingo, Go room will satisfy, old room, not so much. Yes the hall carpets are dirty, wouldnt your carpet be dirty if you hosted thousands of people on a daily basis!
The casino is older than most other casino's and must more smokier which didnt appeal to me much but hey im not a gambler much either. We tried most casino buffets and the flamingo has hands down THE BEST. You can eat dinner most nights for $20 each (buffet) and the selection out does the over priced Ceasers by a mile.

Unfortunatley I do have a couple of compliants. Housekeeping failed to vaacum our room even when I was tipping on a daily basis.
NEVER use the hair and beauty salon down stairs they will WRIP YOU OFF!! I went for a spray tan and was told $55 (which is advertised) but as soon as they started spraying she told me that it was actually $65. She had no idea how to do a spray tan and was absolutley hopeless.

All in all I enjoyed the Flamingo and will return, the location cant be beaten and the rooms were amazing.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

This is our third time to Las Vegas and the first time taking my father and mother-in-law. My father-in-law has an inoperable brain tumor and although his wife is afraid to fly, she took her Dramamine and went so he could see Vegas one time before the inevitable. The Flamingo should be ashamed of the rooms they assigned us. Rooms 7030 and 7033 were in dire need of repair; filthy carpets, torn shower curtain, and just over-all a lack of cleanliness. I know many of you folks reading this are thinking you get what you pay for. I booked through AAA and did not ask for a suite. I have booked before and stayed at New York,New York and Harrah's and found them to be standard rooms like ours, but extremely clean. So, to you out there planning a trip without a ton to spend, stay at Harrah's-clean rooms and great pillow top mattresses. VERY DISAPPOINTED in the Flamingo !!

Room Tip: Book through AAA and demand not to stay at the Fo
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We spent 6 nights here over Christmas 2010. Our room was large, a little tired yet we had a view over the strip which was good. Being central on the strip it is very easy to make our way around on foot.

We really didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, mainly sleep, shower and then out for the day. Overall the value for money was great for this time of year, the only downside was that the pool was closed for some reason which was pretty ordinary along with the poor paying slots.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!