“mixed feelings about go luxury with a strip view” 3 of 5 stars

HOT RATES! Rooms from $31
Ranked #130 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“mixed feelings about go luxury with a strip view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

we stayed 6 nights just recently in a go luxury room with a strip view. i have mixed feelings about our stay.

housekeeping was average - they made the bed, emptied the bin and gave us fresh towels, but did no other incidental tidying, like emptying the ice bucket which was now full of water, and other things like that. every other place we have ever stayed, including at home in australia where we don't tip, the service was heaps better.

the room was fine - as stated before a go luxury with a strip view in the habitat tower - but i wouldn't want to stay in less than what we had. i think it ended up about $100/nite which was acceptable. this was using a promo code through mycheapvegas.com. the view was awesome across to caesars and could see the bellagio and fountains also. the carpet was stained in places but felt clean enough. i see what people mean about the hallway carpet. definetely needs replacing.

good location, straight out onto the strip with little fuss, as other reviewers have said, noisy on a saturday night with the nightclub across the road - i had to turn the tv on to drown out the doof doof crap.

food - ok choice. margaritaville was really good. try the taco salad or chicken fajitas and the wildberry colada! the tropical breeze cafe was ok. johnny rockets was good for a late night feed. the burger joint was ok too - the price of the burger doesn't include fries. the room service quality of food was fine.

casino - well, first trip to vegas from australia where you can barely smoke in your own house now lol, it was a shock, esp when you are on the slots and the person next to you lights up a cigar...gross. i knew what to expect but being a non smoker it made me appreciate fresh air. if i was pregnant as alot of people in vegas were, i wouldn't hang out much in the smoky casinos, for health reasons, but each to their own. LOVED the lord of the rings slots, evidently alot of other people did too, they need to add more that's for sure. didn't have much luck on them in the end but it gave enough to keep playing for a long time. i'm not a hardcore gambler obviously. hubby played blackjack but quickly had little success.

the first few days only one pool was open and it was like sardines so we didn't bother, by the end i think most pools were open but we still didn't swim.

for our first trip with a little bit of budget constraint, the hotel was acceptable. i would however stay somewhere else next time, probably more towards the south end of the strip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,488)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Let me first start off by saying, I am a travel agent. I stayed at the Flamingo from April 2-5 with my mom and her girlfriends for my 21st birthday. Upon arriving, check-in was very quick and there were no mix-ups of any sort with our reservations. I should also mention, that the hotel had no idea I was a travel agent. Our room was very nice - we stayed in the Strip View Go Room - and the location was perfect. We were directly across from Caesars Palace and we could see the Bellagio fountains at night. Unfortunately, our window seemed to be a part of the "Donnie and Marie" display on the outside of the hotel. There was a black film all across our windows which made it difficult to see out during the day. At night however, the view was fantastic. The darkness combined with the amazing amount of lights outside made us forget completely about the film on the windows. The carpets in the hallways could definitely use a good steam-cleaning as they are full of stains. The carpeting in our rooms were find though. The beds are incredibly comfortable by the way.

The smoke throughout the casino was unpleasant, and being from Canada, I'm not quite used people being allowed to smoke inside. It was bearable though. The hotel staff was also very accommodating. We had booked show tickets from the concierge that came with free cover to the nightclub at Caesars. As it turned out, the nightclub was closed the night we were supposed to go, so the staff, using their own personal contacts, got us on the guestlist for "Jet" at the Mirage. For anyone who enjoys clubbing, Jet is definitely the place to go.

Keeping in mind that the Flamingo is only a 3-star, it is a great hotel. And you can't beat the location!

• Stayed April 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I guess I can't complain too much seeing our 3 night stay was comped through Total Rewards, but this property could use a good renovation. The check in process was pretty painless. Our room was fairly clean but needed some work. The carpet was stained in numerous places and was coming up off the floor. The bathroom had some rust looking stuff on the ceiling and looks like it hasn't been remodeled since the hotel opened. The view was very nice however and the hotel seemed quiet. You really can't ask for a better location, this is a true "Center Strip" property. The Flamingo attracts all walks of life, from the young to the old. The casino itself is pretty large with plenty of space. You do not feel jammed in the tables or machines. On the tour entrance there is a large area that is just vacant. Looks like it may have been the front desk at one time, but now is just decaying.

All in all, if your in Vegas to gamble, party and check out the sights this hotel is sufficient. If I was planning on spending more time in the room or getting something romantic, this would not be the place I would go.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

We were in Vegas for the AFT conference at the end of March which was held at the Flamingo. This was a combination business/leisure trip. Upon arrival and after reading reviews on Tripadvisor, we upgraded to a GO room overlooking the strip. Excellent Decision! It was a little over $40 a night to upgrade but well worth it.
No problems at all checking in and the staff member was very quick and helpful in selecting a room.
These rooms are typically much larger and newly remodeled and most have a great view of the strip. Our room was #19100 which had a great view overlooking Caesars Palace across and of the Bellagio a little farther up. We could see the Bellagio fountains from the wall to wall and floor to ceiling windows. Our room was very clean and well maintained and one of the better rooms we have ever stayed in. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious with a large glass enclosed shower. The sink mirror even had a TV built into it! Cool!
We had Breakfast in the Tropical Breeze Cafe most mornings and it was very good and reasonable.
We also tried the Paradise Garden Buffet which was good also but a little pricey.
We had our son with us and ate at the food court a couple of times for lunch. Sorry to say, not very good. I would not recommend it. Pizza had been sitting out and reheated at least once. Hamburgers and fries were cold and greasy. Tables were not very clean. Caesars across the street was much better and had more choices for fast food.
The grounds of the Flamingo are beautiful and well maintained and worth a nice walk around them on the many walkways. It was too cold to try out the pool so I cannot comment on it but it looked nice.
Be sure to catch Nathan Burton the magician at the Flamingo. At check-in they gave us a voucher for a free balcony seat or we could upgrade to the main floor for $10. We upgraded and his show was excellent. We also saw Penn & Teller at the Rio (very expensive) and thought that Nathan Burton's show was just as good or better in many ways.
Donny and Marie were also booked at the Flamingo but we did not have time to see them. The prices for their show was well over $100/seat.
All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and we would not hesitate to stay in a GO room at the Flamingo again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

My two sisters, my friend and myself made plans to come to Vegas, stay at the flamingo and see Donny and Marie. I've stayed at the hotel before, and was decently pleased. This time, not so much. I reserved a handicapped room with 2 queen beds. When we got there around 9 pm, we were told there were no handicapped rooms available. It was on a first come, first serve basis. I'm thinking, "then why bother reserving a room you ask for?" They offered us a "Go" room with one King size bed that was as close as being handicapped accessible. And we asked for a roll-a-way bed. When my sisters and I got to our room, it was not much to be desired. There were burnt out light bulbs out in the celling, the carpet was dirty, and the "roll in" shower in the bathroom, had no curtain with two drains. One in the shower, and one in the middle of the floor. So when anyone took a shower, the whole floor still got very wet. I told my sisters, not to leave their clothes on the floor when they take a shower. My sister called the desk and told them we were going to get something to eat. They told her, our roll-a-way bed would be there when we came back. Nope. My sister called the desk 3 times, and we finally got it at 1:30 in the morning. Thankfully the next day we were able to change rooms. Our new room was a little better. At least we got two beds. But the rooms need to upgraded badly. Carpet was filthy, the walls in the bathroom were warped, a lot of mold on the tile, the toilet paper holder was coming off the wall, and the door handle was very loose. And to top everything off, the Donny and Marie show was canceled. The only good thing we enjoyed was The Breeze Cafe. It was a great place to eat, and our waitress Karen was awesome! She remembered us each day, along with our orders.

When we toured the strip, we went in the other hotels, and were amazed that they weren't as crowded and smelled a lot cleaner than the Flamingo. We didn't smell any cigarette smoke at all, anywhere else. After that, we decided to stay somewhere else if we come back.

Room Tip: Do research on the hotels first and read reviews.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
San Leandro, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Happy with our stay there just one minor issue the main pool was closed unitl April 1st for maintenance. We knew but did not expect the small pool to be so full of people.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

We checked in Sunday. Lines were long (about 45 minutes) but that was to be expected. We were told the room was vacant but housekeeping had not been to the room yet. She then told us to give them an hour and go to the "Express Check In". So after an hour we tried and were told the guests were still in the room. What's going on? I thought they were gone? It way passed check out now. She says to come back in another hour, then another, finally this is our 4th time in line. While we're in line the last time the lady in front of us told us she had just been given the key to someone elses room. SCARY! Imagine them giving someone else a key to your room. This made me a little uncomfortable the next 2 days.

Anyways we are next in line and get our keys. This is our second time staying in a Go Room so I knew what to expect. At least I though I did. We had an awesome view and the room was extremely clean. Then realized hardly anything we upgraded for worked. The DVD player and stereo were both broken. The I-POD cord was missing, tv in the bathroom was fuzzy, TV in the room would just turn blue.

So I call the front desk told them what was going on and was transferred to a supervisor. Told her the same story and she had nothing to say. Besides well there are other things in the room. I told her the reason we upgraded from a deluxe room was to use all these things that are broken. She's just quiet then tells me that if i I want they will get me checked out. WHAT THE HELL? SERIOUSLY? I then asked to speak with her manager. She becomes even more rude. Her manager gets on the phone and is very apologetic and tells me they will come fix everything by the time I come back to my room. Hours later we come back, they did nothing but bring some batteries to the room. We didn't even need batteries. They fixed nothing and still took the tip.

Tired of dealing with this on my vacation. I decide to just give up, take it as a loss, and stop wasting my time. I was going to stay an extra night here, not anymore. So Instead I tried something new, the Riviera. I know this is about the Flamingo not the Riviera but I just have to say the Riviera turned my trip around. Rooms were nicer than Flamingo, they had all the same amenities as Flamingo, EVERYTHING worked, very clean, and best of all the AWESOME customer service! Plus they comped my room and this was my first time ever being there!

The Flamingo has an awesome location. Besides that they had nothing else to offer me. I am a loyal Caesars player and come to Vegas way too much to be treated like this. I think I may start to reconsider where I play and stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple