“Would have rated higher at first, until our last day...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Up to 30% off rooms!
Ranked #65 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Portland, OR
“Would have rated higher at first, until our last day...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

The Hard Rock is definitely a hotel that caters to the younger crowd and music connoisseur. Pros: Quick ride from the airport and semi-close to the strip ($11 cab ride). Rooms were very clean, having french doors that open (in the older tower; Casino Tower) was great, food was average and pool was nice (however only one side was open over the weekend). Body English was a great club. Cons: Getting a server for a drink at the pool was horrible! I was able to get someone over to our Cabana once within a 2 1/2 hour time frame. They played hip music at the pool, but it was so loud, that you couldn't 'relax' if you wanted to. Could hear it all the way up at the 11th floor room at 8AM too. The price of a bottle of beer went up by $3 depending on where you were in the hotel (casino floor bar = $4; Wings club = $5; Body English (club)= $7!). Had a massage and she worked my back kinks out nicely and then did a 'noodle rub' on the rest of my body (horrible!), my facial was very nice though. VERY smoky Casino! I know it's expected in Vegas, but their ventilation system was horrible! One of the guys at the BlackJack tables was a complete JERK (no tip for him!) and WE HAD RAW SEWAGE come up thru our sink shortly before checking out. RAW SEWAGE!!!!

My rating on the room (they were fairly clean) would have been a 4 had raw sewage not come up in our sink! I brushed my teeth in that sink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure that I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

4,230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,088)
  • Polish first
SLC, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

Very helpful reservationist - called for a room after we landed for our overnight stay. She tried her "codes" after AAA didn't give us the "best rate." Room was mid-high in the Paradise Tower which was just re-furbished in August. Luxury!! Comfy beds - darker woods for ambience - great for romance and sleeping-in! We didn't need the 42" flat screen tv, but it was nice to have the option. Mini-bar fridge in room/typical expensive hotel prices on those items. Would definitely stay here again. Recommend valeting your vehicle and have luggage brought to the room - tower is opposite side of facility from entry. Then faster to self-park to get to Paradise Tower. [We don't like toting our luggage thru the casino]

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

Very "in" and "young" customers that differs from typical huge Las Vegas hotels but do not expect to sleep on the afternoon and to check-in before 2 PM. I arrived at 09.00 AM on the morning for a conference and ask for a priority that I obviously did not obtain. Guest service agents were deceiving... The solution is to phone to the Customer Service (0-800 number) and to say that you received a call to confirm that your room is ready... My friend tried and had a room at 12.00!
Moreover with beach parties going on, do not expect to rest on the afternoons for the "siesta".

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Sliema
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I was not sure what to expect from the very mixed reviews that were posted and I was in two minds about whether to come here or not. As it stands I was not disappointed.

I arrived early evening, mid-week and was seen to in just a couple of minutes. Check in was fast and efficient. The place is small compared to other Vegas hotels but actually big compared to international city standard hotels. When checking in I was advised not to take anything out of the mini bar unless I intend to pay for it as it is pressure sensitive.

The casino is situated in a sunken level in the main atrium. Everything is accessible from this main atrium. So where ever you are heading you have to pass the casino floor.

Rooms are very big and spacious. One of the biggest I have seen for a standard room. Clean and tidy. Bathrooms are also big and had a nice shower in the bath. Beware, there are loads of "for sale" items on offer dotted around the room including shampoo and conditioner. So make sure to read any lables. Loads of bottled water for sale. If you do not want to pay the hotel rates for your drinks there is a CVS (American version of Boots) accross the road that has everything at regular retail prices.

I had some packages set to the hotel prior to my arrival, did some on-line shopping to take advantage of the low US exchange rate. Collecting the packages was easy and the bell hops delivered them to my room. This was a free service although obviously I tipped the bell hop. However beware, I was going to send the packages to the other hotel I was going to be staying at, the Mandalay, and they charge a $10 fee per package!

Went to Lucky's Diner and enjoyed the "Gamblers Special" (that you have to order by name as it is not advertised) You get a pretty good lean cut steak with 3 large shrimp on top along with REAL mashed potatoes. This comes with a side salad, however it is served on a main course plate, huge for a side salad. This for $7.77. Probably the best bargain in Vegas. From what I understnad, long gone are the days of cheap food in Vegas. The realization that they can make good money off food as well as the casino has hit.

There is a starbucks in the hotel should you wish for a coffee on the go in the morning or any other time.

Unless you need a paper receipt ,check out is easy. This can be done through your hotel TV. It advises you of the charges you incurred.

I paid €72 on Expedia for the room which is fantastic value. They do charge an additional "resort fee" of $14 per night. This is advised on Expedia in the small print.

I just wish I had stayed longer. If I go back, I will look into staying here first.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Had a fantastic stay. The rooms in the new Paradise tower are comfotable, spacious and up to date. The pool is great and the atmosphere in the hotel (if you like Rock and Roll) is excellent. Will go back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Lantana, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is a smaller hotel off the Las Vegas Strip. There is considerable construction nearby that is terrible for traffic and long cab rides. An average 2 person cab ride to the center of the strip can vary from $15 to $25 depending on traffice on congestion. The new paradise tower is on the back side of the hotel and is a very long walk from the casino floor. While the tower is nice and new it was opened without working out all the "kinks", as many things don't work correctly or at all. When we tried to express our concerns after literally 20 minutes on hold the staff said they would "take care of it" and never did so. During our trip we requested a King bed and received two doubles. Only after bribing the front desk staff did they all of a sudden find the King room we purchased. We requested and were told we could have a very late check-out during booking but when push came to shove this wasn't in the plan. All of these problems we equate to normal hotel flaws and wasn't that bad overall. The casino drink servers were nice and worked hard, although it took about 15 to 20 minutes between drink orders a problem of saffing levels not the servers themselves. The biggest and main problem that should keep anyone from staying at this hotel is the service. While many of the casino employees were friendly and easy to work with, the same cannot be said for the hotel staff. The hotel staff is probably the most rude staff I have ever encountered at a hotel of this or ANY calibur. There is not enough room to go into all of the details but it's clear the very young staff at the HRH should NOT be in this industry and could care less if your a guest at the hotel or not. The will mislead you and treat you like trash. The horrible service alone is not worth the visit to this hotel and it will what causes this hotel to either be sold go bankrupt or shut down all together. You just can't treat guests paying a premium as we did to stay for a few nights this poorly and get away with it for to long. When the "cool" factor wears off this will be an empty casino and maybe then after it's too late will they consider treating guests as the deserve to be treated, with respect and kindness.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

My friend and I hesitated about staying off the strip, but choose Hard Rock because it was of good value.
After spending the long weekend in Vegas I would have to say, I would stay at Hard Rock again. The hotel doesn't have that huge casino feeling like many of the other hotels on the strip and there are less seniors there.
We went to clubs and bars on the strip and when we would get back to our hotel for a "night cap" it seemed the fun would just begin. The other guests were friendly and the staff were great too.
The pool was so convenient and we enjoyed it friday and saturday :) (tipped our waitress well, and she put us on 3 vip list's for some great clubs)
Our room was very nice, and the hallways were quite.
I was disappointed that internet wasn't free, and I called the front desk for a sewing kit, and it never came.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!