“Felt like a rock star!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #65 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Orlando, Florida
“Felt like a rock star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

After many vegas trips, I am in love with this hotel. Its small enough you don't get lost in the casino, big enough you can't forget you are in vegas. Room was incredible and hip. The hotel just has an energy about it. Pool is amazing! Spent lots of time there. All the restaurants I tried - Pink Taco, Lucky's (ask for the gamblers special), Rare 120 were great, and I'm a huge foodie!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,315)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

Far from the strip, front desk staff was slooowwwww and unfriendly, construction everywhere, and a casino that would fit in my basement. We rented a cabana by the pool which was nice, but worker were rolling by with wheel barrels full of concrete and debris and jackhammers pounding all around us. The music was awesome, but played loudly at all times. There was nothing to do at the hotel or immediately surrounding which was really inconvenient unless you don't mind walking 20 minutes in 110 degree heat or paying $11.00 bucks for a cab everytime just to get to the strip. Either way you are dealing with the construction along the way. If you want the total Las Vegas experience DO NOT stay here. Stay on the strip. It's actually just as cheap and you won't spend near the money on cabs. This hotel was the only negative about our trip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

I have read alot of review on this place and they all seem to say the rooms are run down.So i guess this is why the built a new tower to keep up with the other hotels.We stayed in the Paradise tower and it was really really nice!I have stayed at the Wynn before and it is right up there with it.For the price we paid $67 a night it was a steal!!The only negative thing i can say about the hard rock was the check in wait and the front desk.They defently need nicer people there!!This is also a hotel that attracts the younger crowd.Also while in town check out Peepshow With Holly Madison it was funny and hot chicks everywhere!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

I stayed there for 4 nights. The staff was brilliant and help ful even to a drunk like me at 0530 am. Best night clubs. If you like rock then Wasted Space and Body English are places to be. Besides, nicer girls come down to the centre bar. HR Rocks!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Got to say... the Hard Rock Las Vegas is now resting on it's past performance and name alone. They are far, far from the best venue in Vegas no matter who you are or what you are looking for. I will acknowledge that there is something to be said for vintage, and worn but worthy performance (think 60's or 70's rock bands on revival tours). But that comes with age, mellowing, and non-stop attention to who the audience is and what is relevant to the time. Hard Rock LV has done none of that. They might continue to book some decent bands - but they need to be judged on more than a concert venue alone.

The hotel is run down and lacks the personal attention to detail that can be found in other hotels. They give you no sense that you are anywhere more exciting than a Red Roof Inn. blah....blah....and more blah.. Dark, no sparkle (and I don't mean the rhine-stoney kind - just give me some vibrancy in the staff.....the energy level....something!) The only thing they have going for them is that they still seem to attract a young 20' something crowd that brings the energy and beauty (okay superficial beauty, but none the less it's something) to what is otherwise an unimpressive environment. The rooms are a huge dissapointment - just flat out nothing special. Dining = $$ and .....(yawn). A $13 charge for internet connection (complimentary at other hotels) - extra for guests at the pool ($20)/per - get over yourselves. Ya just ain't "all that".

Step your game up Hard Rock. We want more, and can (and did) find it for less. We checked out and went elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

I requested and recieved a room next to the elevators facing the pool. The room was nice but nothing special. However next to the elevator facing the pool was a mistake. The elevators make a loud vacume cleaner like noise that echoed through the room. Fri-Sun the pool blasts the music @ 10am, 8am or 9am on Sun. I'm all about a late night and good times but when you go to sleep @ 5am you dont want to wake up to 10K watts of G & R. Thier comp system is the worst I've encountered to date (I've played all over the country) My friend is a high rooler and dropped close to 30K in 7 days and they would'nt pick up dime one of the 3,600 in room charges. POOR!! This hotel is far from the strip. you are looking at 20 bucks round trip to the strip. This gets expensive quick.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

This hotel flat-out ripped me off and I type this in good faith to warn others of how they may be treated if they stay here. Overpriced, overrated & overhyped! At first, I went to the pool party on Sundays called ‘rehab’ with my girlfriend and I asked for a menu to eat & drink. Prices were $11 a regular drink or $18 for a drink with a souvenir cup. The waitress decided to bring us drinks that were the souvenir cup… We never asked for that, but we dealt with it, big deal and the fresh cut pineapple was 45 minutes late and warm, we’re just tourists I guess. Then when the check arrived, the drink prices were actually a whopping $22 (without the souvenir cup to keep) and the waitress said that the menu was wrong saying that $22 was standard for drinks, yet she never mentioned that and told me that she doesn’t set the prices there. Then why did you bring me the menu???
Feeling like I was ‘taken’, after checking in I wanted to leave 15 minutes after and tried to, yet the Manager ‘Randy’ who wouldn’t meet with me would not honor me by letting me leave without charging me my $300 for the first night of my stay. Did I mention that the Hard Rock checked me into a lesser room that I didn’t pay for? The hotel phone did not work. The toilet paper dispenser would stay on and the door barely shut. In fact, some drunken girl came in to the room when I was on the phone with the hotel telling them how I wanted out of my room because of how I was treated.
In addition, the place was run amok with loud & drunk fratboy’s who were acting ‘hardcore’ wearing goofy Ed Harding clothing to try and impress each other while acting like they actually had money.
What happened? I went to where I usually stay, Caesar’s Palace, where (as usual) the rooms, customer service and respectful class was top notch.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!