I chose Hard Rock Hotel because my wife and I were seeing a concert there and wanted the convenience of staying at the same venue. Unfortunately many of the criticisms I had read on Tripadvisor are accurate. While I only had an 8 or 10 minute wait to register at arrival, I passed by the front desk on both Friday and Saturday late afternoons to see check-in lines snaking down the hallway. Must have been over an hour wait by the look of it. I stayed in the casino tower, non-smoking room, and can best describe the room as run-down, clean, but overdue for a renovation. (I did find the last occupant's dry cleaned shirt hanging on the back of the bathroom door, suggesting the cleaning staff was not looking very carefully, but the room did appear clean.) Despite being off-season, with no pool parties going on, I was still awakened a couple of times each night by loud partyers coming back to their rooms - the doors must be very thin. And the hallway sometimes smelled smoky, though my room did not. My wife could never find enough light to put on make-up.
The good news is the beds are very comfortable, the hotel has a fun vibe, and the spa is outstanding. However, the co-ed "Roman" pool is only tepidly warm, which is probably why it was always empty. Nothing enjoyable about getting in a barely warm super-sized hot-tub, despite being beautiful. There is a gym in the spa area which is very well equipped and private, whereas the gym off the casino floor near Fuel (with no entry from casino floor) seems like an odd location for a gym. My massage therapist, a woman named Chris, was top-notch.
Service was very friendly, but the hotel needs more of it, more people working check-in, more maintenance people regularly painting walls, and periodically renovating bathrooms. But service at front desk, restaurants, and spa was always very friendly. If my priority were the party scene I may consider Hard Rock again, but off-season, I would chose the Encore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1995, the property completed a $750 million expansion in 2010. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino offers an energetic entertainment and gaming experience with the services and amenities associated with a boutique luxury resort hotel. The property is known for its innovative nightlife and music scene where acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Carlos Santana, Mötley Crüe and Guns N' Roses have all performed. Features of the property include an 11-story Casino Tower with 640 guest rooms, 17-story Paradise Tower with 490 rooms and suites, and the HRH All-Suite Tower with 359 suites, eight spa villas and seven penthouse suites; 72,000 square feet of casino space featuring Peacock High-Limit gaming and Asian gaming amenities; 80,000 square feet of flexible meeting and convention space; more than $4 million in rare music memorabilia; Body English Nightclub; Reliquary Water Sanctuary, Spa & Salon; 4.5 Acres of tropical pool paradise housing world-famous pool parties REHAB Saturdays and Sundays and RELAX Mondays; live music/entertainment venues The Joint and Vinyl; Hart & Huntington Tattoo Co.; Restaurants Culinary Dropout, Nobu, The Ainsworth, 35 Steaks + Martinis, Pink Taco, Mr. Lucky's Café and 福Fú; a fitness center; and trendsetting retailers John Varvatos, Affliction, Love Jones and Rocks The Jewelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas