“Needs some management attention and investment” 3 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates From $45
Ranked #61 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Monroe, CT
“Needs some management attention and investment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I chose Hard Rock Hotel because my wife and I were seeing a concert there and wanted the convenience of staying at the same venue. Unfortunately many of the criticisms I had read on Tripadvisor are accurate. While I only had an 8 or 10 minute wait to register at arrival, I passed by the front desk on both Friday and Saturday late afternoons to see check-in lines snaking down the hallway. Must have been over an hour wait by the look of it. I stayed in the casino tower, non-smoking room, and can best describe the room as run-down, clean, but overdue for a renovation. (I did find the last occupant's dry cleaned shirt hanging on the back of the bathroom door, suggesting the cleaning staff was not looking very carefully, but the room did appear clean.) Despite being off-season, with no pool parties going on, I was still awakened a couple of times each night by loud partyers coming back to their rooms - the doors must be very thin. And the hallway sometimes smelled smoky, though my room did not. My wife could never find enough light to put on make-up.

The good news is the beds are very comfortable, the hotel has a fun vibe, and the spa is outstanding. However, the co-ed "Roman" pool is only tepidly warm, which is probably why it was always empty. Nothing enjoyable about getting in a barely warm super-sized hot-tub, despite being beautiful. There is a gym in the spa area which is very well equipped and private, whereas the gym off the casino floor near Fuel (with no entry from casino floor) seems like an odd location for a gym. My massage therapist, a woman named Chris, was top-notch.

Service was very friendly, but the hotel needs more of it, more people working check-in, more maintenance people regularly painting walls, and periodically renovating bathrooms. But service at front desk, restaurants, and spa was always very friendly. If my priority were the party scene I may consider Hard Rock again, but off-season, I would chose the Encore.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,457)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stoke on Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The only two disappointments about this hotel; being hit with a huge tax bill on check in that no-one warns you about for incidentals and the cost to purchase food or anything from the shop. Apart from that this hotel is fantastic. My husband and I have never been to Las Vegas and this was hubby's first trip to the USA. We shopped til we dropped, the hotel is located about 1.25 miles from 'the strip'. There is soooo much to see and do both outside of and inside the hotel. The gambling was great although we didn't do a lot. We renewed our wedding vows - when in Vegas and all that! and generally had a great time. Blondies at Miracle Mile / Planet Hollywood is cheap for breakfast and one straight road to get there. The California Pizza Kitchen in Fashion Show shopping mall is a good bite to eat in the daytime. I recommend the Bellagio fountains at nite. The Forum Shops at Caesars are delightful. I was lucky enough to see Shania Twains last show before Christmas at the Collesium - very worth the money. We hired a car for 11 days and went to Arizona (stayed with my Brother) for a couple of days.... if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas I can recommend the journey (only 2.5hrs). Definitely going back - soon! Hotel overall...Clean, Friendly and good fun!

Room Tip: We stayed on 10 Floor of Paradise Tower room 31032 - no complaints!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Was in town for CES and my experience at the Hard Rock was horrible from day 1 to day 5. Customer service is non-existent at this hotel. There were definitely some employees that were nice but no one went above and beyond. The first night I was there a maintenance man showed up at my door at 10:30 pm to replace an air filter in my air conditioning. Um, seriously? Couldn't that happen prior to check in? And the only reason the do not disturb sign was not on the door was b/c I was waiting for a delivery from the bell desk that I had to call THREE times to finally receive. On the third call they said they never had received a call from me. Um, ok, don't take responsibility and basically presume I'm making it up. Anyway, that was just day 1. Day 2 my colleague who I had booked the room for informed me when she checked in late that same first night her room was unmade. Since it was late and there was two beds she decided to sleep in the made bed until morning but did mention it when she called for a wake up call and then without telling her sent up housekeeping 45 minutes later (after midnight at this point) waking her up to change the bed. There seems to be no standard for cleaning and setting up the rooms. My mini bar was half empty and when I mentioned this (along with my above complaints) they checked my account and I was in fact charged for drum sticks. Seriously? Drumsticks. They did take that off my bill but did nothing but defer blame (to maintenance and housekeeping) when I mentioned the other situations and did nothing to make up for it. My water glass was never replaced all week, one day I didn't get towels replenished or my bath mat replaced. Another day another colleague staying next door came back to her room and her balcony doors were wide open. That makes a girl feel safe. I also took a shower in ankle deep water every day and requested it to be taken care of to no avail. I also received two boxes in the business center the exact same size and had to pay receiving fees (which is ridiculous in itself, this is not noted anywhere when finding info on receiving packages at the hotel), one box was $40+tax and one was $50+tax. I've also never heard of paying tax on a fee like that especially when I signed a slip for $40 and $50. The breakfast offerings in the hotel are pretty crappy. Fuel Cafe use to be a Starbucks and should have stayed that. Food from Mr. Lucky's was mediocre.
Some pros of the hotel, food at Culinary Dropout and Pink Taco was excellent. The staff at the two retail clothing stores, the Hard Rock branded one and the boutique one was great! Super nice and helpful. Anyway, it was a long week in Vegas anyway and this hotel offered nothing to deter that in the way of feeling like a true guest. I truly got the sense the employees could have cared less about the guests and their experiences. Needless to say with all the hotels in Las Vegas I will NEVER stay at the Hard Rock again nor ever recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I was in one of the Casino Towers and wouldn't recommend it.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

During such a busy time, the staff was fabulous, especially valet. Our room in the HRH Tower was gorgeous and had great in-room audio options with pre-populated playlists.

Most of our business was conducted inside of the Hard Rock so I can't speak to travel to the strip but it's a quick drive and even more convenient to the airport.

I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Vegas.

Room Tip: Stay in the HRH tower for the best experience!
Wickenburg, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I could go on and on about how awesome my stay was at the HRH in the HRH tower but I would sound like a broken record!

I think you are either cool enough to be there or you just don't "get it." Those that rave about it are those that know how to have a good time! This place is all about having a good time, with great music and wonderful customer service.

I don't know why any would trade the ambience of the HRH for the tourist trap known as The Strip! The HRH is just the place to be and I don't dare compare it to other places. It's in a league all it's own.

Room Tip: Splurge and book a room in the HRH All Suite Tower. After all, it only cost a little more to go firs...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Enjoying the infinity pool at las vegas. We have it all to ourselves on a nice 70 degree day today. Heated infinity pool good year round. cant beat it, I am a fan.

Had a nice time here with the kids, even though not kn.own as "kid friendly" hotel. Once you start playing in the pools they have here, you would have wished you stayed an extra day!

They let us check out late during a busy convention week (CES show).

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay here and would not return. We pre-booked a package through WestJet that was supposed to cover the room for the 4 nights but upon arriving were told of an additional $22/night resort fee which was not optional. We were told that it covered access to the fitness center, WiFi (which was weak), and the shuttle to the strip (which only ran once per hour from 10am-5pm and only 20 guests from the whole hotel could take it. If anyone showed up after the initial 20, they were turned away and no additional shuttles were sent). It was nearly impossible to get a hold of the front desk, especially when calling down to complain about the bogus charges that were showing up on our room bill every day. In 4 days, I had to call down to have charges removed 3 times totaling over $250 and was left on hold indefinitely twice. Whenever I questioned the ambiguous charge codes beside each charge, I was given different answers as to what they were. The couple we were traveling with had the same experience, having to call down twice to have charges removed from their bill. The rooms were spacious and clean but the maid service never changed the drinking glasses once (though they did unnecessarily give us a fresh bar of soap each day. Maybe to clean our own glasses with?).
On the plus side, the crowd was fun and interesting and I bet the place is rocking when the pool is open. The center bar was a great people watching spot and the nightclub was alot of fun. Next time though, we're definitely staying on the strip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tara L, Director of Hotel Operation at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the billing and phone challenges. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!