“I underestimated how "Rock-y" this place could be but hey, still THUMBS UP!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Hotel and Casino

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #65 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“I underestimated how "Rock-y" this place could be but hey, still THUMBS UP!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas. I stayed in the Paradise Towers and our room was clean, spacious and modern. I thought that because it was off the strip that I would somehow be hampered in my overall Vegas experience but that was not the case! It is also right across the street from a 24 hour CVS, a liquor store, a pizza shop and another restaurant so in the case that you didn't want to pay one billion dollars for lunch at the restaurant in the hotel, you had some cheap and low key options in close proximity. They have rock memorabilia all over the place and clubs that were very rocker-ish so if you are into that whole "rock out with your c**k out" feeling, pictures of rock concerts everywhere and a relatively dark interior than this is definitely the place for you. The after hours club Body English is pretty good especially on certain nights and in general the staff was very friendly, very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. The feedback is greatly appreciated, and we are glad that you enjoyed the rock memorabilia located throughout the property. We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests, and are pleased to hear that our team could be so accomodating during your recent stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,309)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My fiancée and I went during the Valentine's day weekend. After leaving the Palm's Place hotel we decided to crash at the Hard Rock for 2 more nights just to stay in Vegas. But coming from the service at the Palm's the Hard Rock Hotel seemed like a cheap motel. We arrived about 1 o' clock and checked in at the front desk. We were told we had to wait from 45 minutes to an hour for a non-smoking room. After waiting close to an hour and half we finally got our room. We requested a non-smoking room and waited over an hour just for that room and we still ended up smelling cigarette smoke! The view was basically a roof filled with cigarette buds. (although we were in the non-smoking section of the hotel) Front-desk wasn't very helpful. Sent someone up to spray our room which didn't help, since we were not the ones smoking. The club there plays a lot techno beats but not actual songs. I would suggest going elsewhere to party. The best part about this hotel was how close it was to the airport and there is a free shuttle bus to take you to and from the strip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kailua, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Checked in was quick and uneventful very nice staff They do mention at checkin that there is a $20 per day resort fee if you use any of the hotels facilities which I promptly forgot about only to be reminded at checkout. Evidently the wireless network connection is included in that Resort Fee.

They have so many great rock memorabilia displays everywhere it was very cool to see.
And the room were really quite nice but dark as someone else mentioned in their review.

My room had two rooms, a bedroom and a sitting room. There were two tv's and of course the one I selected to watch had a remote control that worked just once... long enough to get the TV stuck on. The Air con was either too cold or too hot, so sleep was interrupted by a series of covers on, covers off all night long.

The room multi-media center had an ipod dock built in, unfortunately, it didn't work. In fact, the dock was actually loose on the wall, caused I assume by other guests trying to get their ipod seated in the dock in an attempt to make a connection.
Upon check out, they had the right name but a wrong address, city and state. I mentioned the non working tv remote control and the multi-media not working either and the gal only offered an apology.

I got a good rate on the room but when you add in the "resort fee" it was actually pretty close to the same cost of other hotels and at that cost, I'd rather stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If something in your room doesn't work, complain, it won't get fixed unless you complain.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the room condition. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns. I have communicated your comments regarding electronics amenities and their condition to our engineering and housekeeping departments to be sure they are corrected for future guests.

As you mentioned we do provide a resort experience at the hotel which is bundled into a single amenity charge. Rather than an itemized bill for each service or amenity utilized by our guests, The Resort Fee is a wonderful package which grants our hotel guest’s access to the Fitness Center, shuttle service from the Hard Rock to the Fashion Show Mall during designated business hours, parking, notary service, daily newspaper, printing of boarding passes, Wi-Fi and unlimited local, long distance, and toll-free calls.

At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, we take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been on the casino floor here plenty of times and booked here on a hotels.com deal for a good rate for a business trip. When you book on a deals site for vegas you never get a good room and that was the case here. View of an air conditioner unit, old flat panel tv, basic of all basics in the room. $22 resort fee per day is absolutely ridiculous. This is getting common in vegas and probably why people are not going there as much collectively. Not that I expect $1 beers like the old days but I feel like the bars on the floor were a complete ripoff. $12 for a cocktail in an empty casino with no entertainment happening? The restaurants were just ok but definitely overpriced. I also had the people in the room next store to me set an alarm for 7:00 am and check out so after I called the desk it took security about 20 minutes to turn it off. nothing like a 7am wake up call in LV :(

I go to vegas 3 or 4 times a year mostly for conferences and won't bother getting back to the hard rock anytime soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall we had a great time... one tip for all of you out there... upon check in, wrap your credit card in 20 or 50 dollar bill... and ask if concierge can do anything special for you... we got a free upgrade to a suit with a VIEW!!!!( i used a $20).
Also, a good upfron tip at the bar will also get your glasses full and you wont see some of the ordred drinks on your bill... basically treat the employees nice and it will pay back.
The hotel is definitely not for kids, loved the swimming pool, but the whole atmothsphere is a little dark and sexy... well, what do you expect, it should be its a Hard Rock hotel.

Its about 15 min walk to the strip... we rented a car for 20 /day, was totally worth it since every hotel has a free valey parking...

Room Tip: Tip a concierge upon a check-in and they will take care of you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hard Rock M, Front Office Manager at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback during your recent trip to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in extending a positive guest experience and level of service. I am pleased to read of your great experience and appreciate your tips to our future guests. In the future we also offer a complimentary shuttle to the Strip throughout the day if a guest wants to avoid a rental car.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service to create lasting relationships with our guests. It is our genuine hope that you provide us with an opportunity to surpass expectations on a future visit. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com
Hilton Head Island, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino has a youthful ambience. As "baby boomers" though we enjoyed the rock music and the extensive collection of rock memorabilia that is on display throughout the public areas. The casino is compact and easily navigated. Our room did not have the promised view, but it was quiet and convenient to the parking garage and taxi stand. The shuttle to the strip was oversubscribed the one time we tried to use it, but we found taxis readily available, not expensive, and better than driving our rental car in the evenings. The Sports and Race Book was very nice - large screen TVs, comfortable seating, friendly staff. In-room coffee/tea service would have been nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Paradise Tower rooms are DARK, DARK, DARK. I mean, seriously in need of more lamps or in ceiling lights! Even with the curtains open in daylight, the bathroom and vanity area were super dark. Impossible to apply make-up without the fear of walking into the hallway looking like a circus clown. I ended up taking all of the lamp shades off the lights - helped but still not as bright as a normal hotel room. This also meant I had to hang the "do not disturb" sign for my 3 day stay for fear that the cleaning staff would replace the shades, making me have to go through the dusty job of taking them off again.
The hotel is a long way from the strip, and the driver who brought me over from the airport warned me not to walk to the strip at night because the area is not safe. The casino area is quite loud, but that is to be expected from a place focusing on rock... Staff not very helpful - I had an issue with the wifi and tried to call the front desk - rang and rang and rang with no answer (several attempts). I finally called the ROOM SERVICE number (for wifi?) and got someone who transferred me.
Highlight was for sure the restaurant Culinary Dropout located in the property. Very inventive menu and great size portions (small - you can get a few things!). Not overly priced but, in keeping with the room theme, WAY TOO DARK. Could not read the dinner menu without doing yoga to try and find a position to hold it in whatever sliver of light I could find.

Room Tip: Choose a room other than one in the Paradise Tower. The front desk staff said my complaint of the r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas. Please accept our sincerest apology for the lighting inside your guest room and our restaurant Culinary Dropout. I have passed your positive comments to the restaurant management but also communicated your statements regarding lighting to them and our housekeeping management. Please know we have a shuttle that runs to the Strip through out the day for our guests to avoid walking. The feedback provided will help us address the areas of opportunity that may need attention in an effort to prevent any future concerns.

We strive to create lasting relationships with our guests and are committed to providing the highest level of service each one deserves. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to contact us at contactus@hrhvegas.com.

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!